PDA

View Full Version : Need testers again -- for Carrier Tracks vol. 2 (and updated vol. 1)

dswo
August 20th, 2009, 13:23
Volume 1 places Nimitz-class carrier models as moving AI boat traffic in Hawaii and four coastal locations, situated by Marine Corps and Naval air stations. NOTE: Volume 1 has been updated since the first release. If you have the original version, delete it; this one has everything you need.

Volume 2 adds Nimitz-class carriers in more locations: near Naval air stations in the United States, around the Hawaiian islands of Kauai and Maui, and Tokyo Bay. It also includes two tracks for the French aircraft carrier "Clemenceau" in the Caribbean.

This is a 4 megabyte download, hosted here while I'm testing: http://www.box.net/shared/54fq3jposd

Included:

- New tracks and flights for vol. 2 and updated tracks and flights for vol. 1

To test:

- Please test as many of the included FLIGHTS as you have time or patience for.

All tracks and flights are described in the enclosed readme.txt. Maps of each track are given as JPGs.

Something I noticed while working on the flights: I own a lot of payware scenery, most of it from reviews, but the default scenery in a lot of these areas is really good.

Some details on the tracks:

VOLUME 1

1. Oahu, circles the island beginning and ending at Pearl Harbor. Accessible from Naval and Marine Air around the island. Included flight starts on a carrier south of MCAS Kaneohe Bay (PHNG), using the Acceleration Hornet (in Marine livery).

2. San Diego, travels up and down the southern California coast, from San Diego to Point Mugu. Accessible from NAS Point Mugu (KNTD), NAS North Island (KNZY), and MCAS Miramar (KNKX). Included flight starts on a carrier north of San Diego, configured for T-45 training quals. Aircraft is the freeware T-45 Goshawk by Dino Cattaneo, but if you don't want to install that you can switch to another aircraft after the flight loads (or edit the .flt file to accomplish the same result).

3. Juan de Fuca, starts in the Georgia Strait, travels down through the San Juan Islands and out to the Pacific Ocean via the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Accessible from NAS Whidbey Island (KNUW) and CGAS Port Angeles (KNOW). Included flight starts on a carrier in the Strait of Juan de Fuca, using the Acceleration Hornet.

4. Pensacola, hugs the coast from Mobile Bay to Fort Walton beach. Accessible from Eglin AFB (KVPS), NAS Pensacola (KNPA), and NAS Whiting (KNSE). Included flight starts on a carrier configured for T-45 training quals. Aircraft is the freeware T-45 Goshawk by Dino Cattaneo, but if you don't want to install that you can switch to another aircraft after the flight loads (or edit the .flt file to accomplish the same result).

5. Key West, circles the archipelago from Seven Mile Bridge to the Marquesas. Accessible from NAS Key West (KNQX). Included flight starts on a carrier north and west of the airfield, using the Acceleration Hornet.

VOLUME 2

1. Marseille to Nice, a route with lots of airbases inbetween. Included flight starts on the carrier deck with the Acceleration Hornet (white livery).

2. Oceana, Virginia. This is one of the places where the U.S. Navy trains fighter pilots. Carrier is offshore and accessible from NAS Oceana (KNTU) and NS Norfolk (KNGU). Included flight starts on the "U.S.S. Eisenhower" with the Acceleration Hornet (USN livery).

3. Corpus Christi, Texas. Accessible from NAS Corpus Christi (KNGP). Included flight starts in the freeware T-45 Goshawk, on a deck configured for qual operations.

4. Cuba. A highly unrealistic track from NAS Guantanamo Bay (MUGM) to NAS Key West (KNQX), hugging the northern coast of Cuba. Cruise takes almost 24 hours each way. Included flight starts on deck, about 15 minutes out of Guantanamo. Microsoft spent some time on the scenery here, so have a look. No provocation to Cuba is intended with this flight, which is why we're using the unarmed NASA version of the Acceleration Hornet.

5. Kauai. A scenic circuit of the Garden Isle. Kauai is supposedly the wettest place on earth, so of course it's raining for the included flight, east of Barking Sands Pacific Missile Range Facility Airport (PHBK). Precipitation notwithstanding, visibility is pretty good.

6. Maui. Another scenic cruise, with a tiny detour to take in the tiny, crescent-shaped atoll Molokini.

7. St. Maarten and St. Barthelemy. This scenic route follows a figure-eight between the two islands. As befits this part of the world, the French carrier "Clemenceau" is used instead of the American "Eisenhower."

dswo
August 31st, 2009, 16:22
The public version is now available: look for carriertracks1and2.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=138483) at flightsim.com, or under my user name, dswo, here at SOH. The tester version has served its purpose, and will now disappear. Thank you to everyone who downloaded.

JamesChams
August 31st, 2009, 16:37
Thanks Mr. David; I'm D/L now and will test 2night. :wavey:

sparouty
September 1st, 2009, 10:03
Hi Dswo!
Thank you for having done some AI tracks for carriers (including my Clemenceau...)

I never really understood how/why traffic boats file works (or not)...:icon_lol:
Last, yours tracks work also with my last Clemenceau release (the R2.0).

Thanks again,
Sylvain

wilycoyote4
September 1st, 2009, 10:32
:ernae: Thanks, well done. :medals: