PDA

View Full Version : Farewell

EMatheson
August 19th, 2009, 09:13
This is my final post at SOH for a while - I am leaving tomorrow, 8:30 AM, to Ghana, where I will not be allowed access to the internet by the rules of my Mission for my Church. The typical length of a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for a kid like me is 24 months - 2 years. Which means that starting tomorrow, I will not be here for practically forevermore internet-time.
So, "So long and Thanks For All The Fish!" It has been nice to be here!
Goodbye.

Snuffy
August 19th, 2009, 09:15
Welp, have fun.

Henry
August 19th, 2009, 09:16
This is my final post at SOH for a while - I am leaving tomorrow, 8:30 AM, to Ghana, where I will not be allowed access to the internet by the rules of my Mission for my Church. The typical length of a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for a kid like me is 24 months - 2 years. Which means that starting tomorrow, I will not be here for practically forevermore internet-time.
So, "So long and Thanks For All The Fish!" It has been nice to be here!
Goodbye.
We will miss you
H

MCDesigns
August 19th, 2009, 09:17
Take care and we'll leave the light on!!

FlyTexas
August 19th, 2009, 09:21
Stay safe. :wavey:

Brian

MudMarine
August 19th, 2009, 09:30
Good luck and God bless!!

falcon409
August 19th, 2009, 09:37
Take care "E", I'm sure there are many areas of this world that could use the ministry, not the least of which is Ghana. Be safe, enjoy your time there, be vigilant.:kilroy:

jmig
August 19th, 2009, 09:40
Best to you, son. I wish more young people would give two years to improve the world.

He leaves as a kid. He will return a man.

Bone
August 19th, 2009, 09:40
Be careful and good luck.

CBris
August 19th, 2009, 09:45
More to the point - never mind what you won't have, think rather about the wealth of experience you will gain. Two years in a different culture, sharing cultures with the Ghanaians.

You may miss a lot - for now - but the stories you can tell us when you come back...

As one of my favourite people puts it (Dave Allen - Irish comedian) "May your God go with you."

Chacha
August 19th, 2009, 09:46
Hey EMatheson,

This is not goodbye! We will see you soon - 24 months will fly so fast, man! You will be surprised it will be like a snap! And you look back and say, hey, was it 2 years already!

God bless you EMatheson! May He guide you and direct you and make you safe in Ghana and anywhere you go! Save us pictures, and send us a note anytime you can. Send us postcards!

Eli

tigisfat
August 19th, 2009, 10:54

.................................................. ...................................

Sorry, I coudln't resist.

I'm strictly an Atheist, but I have always recognised the Mormon church as one of the best church organizations there is. They really take care of their people. Good luck!!

limjack
August 19th, 2009, 11:10
Should be a cool adventure..enjoy, teach, learn and be safe.

Jim

harleyman
August 19th, 2009, 11:13
Best of luck to you young man... We will be here when you return

It will be an experiance of a lifetime...

God bless you for all your efforts and devotion to out hurting world..:engel016:

If you care to share address i will be more than happy to write you and keep you pluged into SOH as best I can..

Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you my addy...

gera
August 19th, 2009, 11:17
Bon Boyage amigo am sure you will have an experience to tell your grand children someday, am sure your guardian angel will be with you so be on the lookout and take care of your wallet!!!!....see ya later alligator......:wavey:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
August 19th, 2009, 11:50
Ghana is a fun place and the people are nice , fairly quiet politically with what the locals call " Ghana time ",, most everything takes a while and few manufacturers have found a way around it , oh they really like to drink as well ... <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Roger
August 19th, 2009, 11:54
I hope it is, and it should be , the experience of a lifetime. Good luck and do good.

All the best,

Roger.

peter12213
August 19th, 2009, 11:57
Good luck, rather you than me!!

Warrant
August 19th, 2009, 12:24
I'm a strict non-believer myself, so no "God bless" from me (though i have great respect for what you're about to do :medals:).

Do your thing, follow your faith and most important; be safe! :ernae:

yago9
August 19th, 2009, 12:34
Watch those bugs , and drink only known bottled watter.As a non-beliver I don,t understand or approve this "speading the Word thing " on other cultures, but I do wish you the best ,I know you mean well and stay safe.

mike_cyul
August 19th, 2009, 12:52
Hope you have an interesting time; and we'll be here when you get back. :)

Bon voyage!

Mike

BananaBob
August 19th, 2009, 15:28
Best to you, son. I wish more young people would give two years to improve the world.

Amen! :engel016:

JSkorna
August 19th, 2009, 17:28
Best of luck!

VFR Reviews
August 19th, 2009, 18:10
We'll miss you! And be careful over there!

Javis
August 19th, 2009, 18:54
Best of luck, Ephram ! Thank you very much for all you have done for Maam-Sim and SectionF8. You will be missed, mate !

We will be waiting for your return to rejoin us in FSX skies. :mixedsmi:

In the mean time enjoy your adventure and don't do anything i wouldn't do. :icon_lol:

CU, my friend.

Cheers,
Jan

Quicksand
August 19th, 2009, 19:16
Hope I'm not too late to add my best wishes, Ephram. God blass you, son, and keep you until your mission is done....:engel016:

Cactuskid
August 19th, 2009, 21:07
Good luck son, and thank you for trying to make the world a better place... :applause:

Piglet
August 19th, 2009, 21:45
I'm with Tigifat, Yago and Warrent on this. Nothing wrong with trying to do good, but not at the expense of others. Anyways, be safe, vigilant, and don't let your work compromise, corrupt, or consume you.

jankees
August 19th, 2009, 21:57
Yet another non-believer here, and not a fan of mission work either, but still wishing you a good trip. Stay safe, and enjoy Africa!

harleyman
August 19th, 2009, 22:27
I'm pretty sure he was not looking for a poll on our members Christian beliefs..:confused: