PDA

View Full Version : Released: Aerosoft F-16

Nick C
October 22nd, 2008, 08:17
Aerosoft have just released their F-16 here :mixedsmi: (http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/iboshop.cgi?showd,,10285)

stiz
October 22nd, 2008, 08:51
impressive stuff :applause:

jmig
October 22nd, 2008, 09:16
Downloading at work. How will I make it until I can fly it?
:costumes:

jmig
October 22nd, 2008, 09:17
Nick, what scenery is the hanger in the last shot?

Panther_99FS
October 22nd, 2008, 09:25
It would be quite interesting to see if this gets better FPS than the Bush Hawk...:kilroy:

Anyways, definitely a much anticipated release...:ernae:

CodyValkyrie
October 22nd, 2008, 09:27
Official video to be released hopefully before this weekend.

grunau_baby
October 22nd, 2008, 09:31
Looks superb:applause: Maybe Iīll take the plunge, even though I prefer low and slow. Yep, would be interesting to know how it works performance-wise.

Alex

Tweek
October 22nd, 2008, 09:35
For me, the performance was pretty shabby (FPS wasn't too bad, but the stuttering was making it pretty unusable). But then I turned self-shadowing off, and the stuttering was gone. Is there any reason self-shadowing would have such a massive hit on performance on this model only? I suppose it's complex, but you wouldn't have thought that that feature in particular would be what causes the stuttering, as opposed to simply having to load all the different polygons and many textures!

But with the shadows off, it's fine. Obviously there's some hit, but it's not a major one (on my system at least). Considering the complexity of the model, they've done very well. Hopefully there's a fix for the shadow issue, though.

Nick C
October 22nd, 2008, 09:40
I only struggle with this add-on with everything else maxed, using my normal flying settings (as per the Bush Hawk thread), I don't have a problem with her. As for self shadowing, I personally think it looks terrible and gives me a performance hit with any model. Why the F-16 should give you a greater hit with shadows on, I'm not sure, maybe because the rest of it is already taxing your resources? If you have continuous problems, I'd advise hitting the Aerosoft support forum.

deimos256
October 22nd, 2008, 09:44
downloading as we speak, after reading the above i wonder if my nemeth ch-53 stutters with high fps because of my self shadowing, hmmmm sorry to get off topic, back to your regularly scheduled program.

As for the f-16 it looks very impressive, ill report on how it runs with my soon to be 2 years old rig

ColoKent
October 22nd, 2008, 09:47
...and downloaded it too. Thus far, nothing but CTDs everytime I select an F-16.

We shall see...

K.

jmig
October 22nd, 2008, 09:54
If this thing flies as good as it looks, at $33.00 it will be a steal.

The manual is impressive. Looks like the best radar and HUD around.

Nick C
October 22nd, 2008, 09:56
I'm not seeing any problems on the support forum with regards loading, however if it persists after re-installation, I'd suggest re-downloading the file and trying again. If you still have problems please ask for support in their dedicated support forum.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showforum=141

Nick C
October 22nd, 2008, 09:58
John, the hangar is from the Edwards AFB scenery. I have Acceleration with and the Edwards enhancements from Things-to-Come (http://in.things-to-come.com/files/).

Roger
October 22nd, 2008, 10:06
Low and slow myself (I'd only crash an F16) but it releases the team to finish the Cat (hopefully before Xmas).

ColoKent
October 22nd, 2008, 10:18
...I uninstalled it, and re-installed it, and all I'm still getting is a CTD. My other aircraft load with no problem (even after the install), but the F-16 just kills FSX.

- Twotter with no airstairs
- HH-60 with no paintkit

I'm not surprised, and I'm definitely not impressed. Guess we'll see if this happens to anyone else.

K.

jmig
October 22nd, 2008, 10:34
John, the hangar is from the Edwards AFB scenery. I have Acceleration with and the Edwards enhancements from Things-to-Come (http://in.things-to-come.com/files/).

Ahhh, thought I recognized it. Been there. Got fired by Rumsfield because the wuss couldn't handle my 2 G turns in a King Air. Heck, he said he wanted a better view. Politicians!

Lionheart
October 22nd, 2008, 10:36
Looks awesome! Thanks for the heads up Nick! Great screenshots also.

Anymore VC shots? That, I think, is the best part of this plane is the VC. I cant beleive how good it looks.

:ernae: :applause: :ernae:

Bill

Carvalho
October 22nd, 2008, 10:36
Downloading as i type:jump:

Nick C
October 22nd, 2008, 10:50
...I uninstalled it, and re-installed it, and all I'm still getting is a CTD. My other aircraft load with no problem (even after the install), but the F-16 just kills FSX.

- Twotter with no airstairs
- HH-60 with no paintkit

I'm not surprised, and I'm definitely not impressed. Guess we'll see if this happens to anyone else.

K.

Please post your problems on the F-16 support forum as linked to above, perhaps there are others who are waiting to see if this happens to somebody else.

Edit: Sorry I saw you did, I was just looking in the F-16 support forum. I did suggest above that you re-download Kent, uninstall the original and then re-install the new download. Anyhow, I'm not the developer or a tester, so I'll leave support to the appropriate place.

ColoKent
October 22nd, 2008, 11:05
Nick,

Yep...I'm currently re-downloading the entire file. We'll see if that works.

Kent

deimos256
October 22nd, 2008, 11:26
I also had to turn off self shadow to keep everything smooth, after that i got very good performance, granted the busiest area i took her was LAX. Both the bare bones and fully laden models give the same performance as far as fps. Im just happy the vc textures load up instantly when switching back

MHAircraft
October 22nd, 2008, 11:34
Paid, downloaded, and copied to my flash key. Just waiting to go home and and fly her. :jump:

JohnC
October 22nd, 2008, 12:07
Please post your problems on the F-16 support forum as linked to above.

I'll be happy to field questions or problems. If I can't answer them, I'll be sure to get an answer from someone who can.

- ColoKent, pm sent

ColoKent
October 22nd, 2008, 12:14
....I uninstalled Falcon, then went to the Aerosoft site and re-downloaded it. Installed it again. Same Crash to Desktop (CTD) everytime I select one of the variants.

I'm stumped.

Kent

CodyValkyrie
October 22nd, 2008, 12:55
....I uninstalled Falcon, then went to the Aerosoft site and re-downloaded it. Installed it again. Same Crash to Desktop (CTD) everytime I select one of the variants.

I'm stumped.

Kent
On the Aerosoft forum, someone has this issue as well. It is being looked into, and as a beta tester I am sorry that this is occurring. It should be rectified soon.

djscoo
October 22nd, 2008, 13:19
This is good news...now they can get back to work on that Catalina!:d

Scratch
October 22nd, 2008, 13:57
Downloading now, can't wait to try this one:jump:

MudMarine
October 22nd, 2008, 14:37
Wish I could figure out why it keeps causing my throttle to surge? Doesn't do that with anyother aircraft? Nice detail with soooo many buttons and switches! It sure is a kick butt little plane!

jmig
October 22nd, 2008, 15:02
I commented with my first impressions on the other F-16 thread.

I love it! :medals:

ColoKent
October 22nd, 2008, 15:25
...VERY NICE! If anyone else gets a CTD when they select one of the F-16s, PM me...it's a simple fix.

Kent

Dain Arns
October 22nd, 2008, 15:28
This is good news...now they can get back to work on that Catalina!:d

NO! The glider package first! :costumes:

I'm not a big fan of jets, but I am noticing my credit card inching ever closer to the keypad on my keyboard....

JIMJAM
October 22nd, 2008, 15:33
I also ctd when I select the f-16 from either the preflight menu or in flight from another plane.
I read if you///// the 06 gauge enrty in the panel.cfg it fixes it.
Which it does and does not ctd but you no longer have a left mfd.
I will just have to live without it until a fix is found.
Any help welcomed.

Gdavis101
October 22nd, 2008, 16:03
Beautiful plane! I can't get over how well it runs on my system... This was a good way to end the day, as I spent my day screwing up my backup drive.. Plugged my backup SATA drive into my SATA to USB adapter and it managed to fry the drive.. I had all of my downloadables for FSX and FS9 stored on it, going to buy the exact same model drive and attempt to switch the motherboard for the drive onto my old one so I can get the files off...

I really like that the radar is functional and the targeting system works to.!
The F-16 made my day! :ernae::ernae::applause::applause:

deimos256
October 22nd, 2008, 16:15
normally i like to have a billion gauges in my face but with a hud this gorgeous who cares hahaha

CodyValkyrie
October 22nd, 2008, 17:14
Someone has mentioned that if you load a flight with the cessna, engines running, etc then save it as the default flight the CTDs will go away.

Alternatively, if you load the Cessna then load the 16, the issues go away. Curious to see if this fixes some of these issues.

Gregory Paul
October 22nd, 2008, 17:18
The one thing I don't like about this F-16 is that the AB is a part of the aircraft and not an effect! I don't like the Acceleration F/A-18 or the XLoad because of the same problem. http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/76209Greg/1.jpg

deimos256
October 22nd, 2008, 17:41
The one thing I don't like about this F-16 is that the AB is a part of the aircraft and not an effect! I don't like the Acceleration F/A-18 or the XLoad because of the same problem. http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/76209Greg/1.jpg

if you go to the aerosoft forum i think they address this, basically this aircraft is limited by how pi$$ poor certain aspects of FSX are, IE lights etc

Scratch
October 22nd, 2008, 18:48
I love this bird! Smooth as silk so far:ernae:

smoores
October 22nd, 2008, 19:28
beautiful.

CG_1976
October 22nd, 2008, 19:37
Broke down after monitoring this thread and bought the F-16. So for right now the jury is out for me.

CodyValkyrie
October 22nd, 2008, 19:38
Broke down after monitoring this thread and bought the F-16. So for right now the jury is out for me.
How so? Are you waiting on the download?

CG_1976
October 22nd, 2008, 19:50
Ah no, im finishing up my flight to MUHA Cuba from London Stanstead.

CodyValkyrie
October 22nd, 2008, 19:55
Holy flight batman.

MudMarine
October 22nd, 2008, 21:11
Here's some VC shot's Bill. This is one nice plane! And I don't like shop heaters.

CodyValkyrie
October 22nd, 2008, 21:36
Mud! Arm your ejection seat, lock the octopus and for gosh sake, hit the master warning! :D

MudMarine
October 22nd, 2008, 21:39
LOL!!:costumes: Good Lord I'm a prop guy, what the hell is an ejection seat?!:costumes: I did forget to lock the canopy, oh well I was in a hurry.

CodyValkyrie
October 22nd, 2008, 21:49
Hehehe! No worries Mud. I'm just jiving ya. Glad to see you are enjoying the Falcon. I worked on these puppies in the USAF.

deathfromafar
October 22nd, 2008, 21:58
if you go to the aerosoft forum i think they address this, basically this aircraft is limited by how pi$$ poor certain aspects of FSX are, IE lights etc
There is a way to create a transparent texture section for "cleaning up" the modeled in AB effect so a custom effect can be made. A couple of people I know have done it. It was done for Captain Sim's old Mig-21 and a friend of mine is chipping away at the effect for the Iris F-20 and Acceleration F/A-18. I did a beta run on his system recently and what I saw was impressive. He gave me the screens(shown below) of his work with the X-Load Hornet. After seeing this, I am going to have to buy this now! Maybe at some point someone can do the same for the F-16.

gajit
October 22nd, 2008, 22:07
I cant believe that they have not bothered to make the Pilot Fault Display operational. Im downloading the product (taking 2 hrs!) but reading the manual and am a bit disappointed about a lot of the missing bits they admit to!

Suggest everyone downloads the free manual first before purchasing.

Lionheart
October 22nd, 2008, 22:16
Here's some VC shot's Bill. This is one nice plane! And I don't like shop heaters.

Thanks Tim.

:ernae:

Yep, I know what I will be doing this weekend. I miss Falcon 4.0. This will be its replacement.

:d

Bill

gajit
October 23rd, 2008, 02:36
Hi all

Now I've had the chance to fly this i have to say im a bit disappointed in that so many functions/switches are not operational and there is no flexibility with the visual loads, no chute and other external goodies. The whole experience is a bit lacking.

Was I expecting to much? Am I the only one to think this? It just seems OK rather than WOW after waiting for hours for the massive file to download.

Ferry_vO
October 23rd, 2008, 03:18
I've had plenty of fun with the old Fs9 F-16, so this one goes to the top of my 'to-get' list!

Looking forward to a plethora of special paints to add to it; there should be enough to keep the painters busy for a long time!

:applause:

ColoKent
October 23rd, 2008, 04:07
...in particular, the lack of variety of external loads limits it's appeal to me. But it seems to follow the typical approach I've seen on other Aerosoft releases (i.e. the Twotter with no airstairs): They work on a product for two years, get it 90% of the way where it needs to be....and then they release it. Their products are spectacular-- but from what I've seen, usually only 90% complete. In this case a variety of additional external loads (particularly the centerline droptank and wing drop tanks on a single model-- a very common config.) would not have required new development-- just the application of some systematic reasearch. Tanks and ECM pods would have likewise yielded a dedicated Wild Wesel/SEAD version (for you Spang guys). The question is, will Aerosoft make it right with the inevitable F-16 service pack release-- let's hope so.

Note to any Aerosoft spooks reading this: Also....PLEASE do a two seat F-16B/D version as a companion (with droptanks and travel pods). If you add more external configurations in a Service Pack, and THEN you give us a seperate two seater (and I'm advocating it as another add-on for purchase-- not a freebie), we'll all have the F-16 metal we require to properly simulate F-16 ops. Cloud9 similarly screwed up when they released their beautiful F-104G....with no TF- version. So let's please get it right this time...how about it?

Let's hope the Bronco has a full variety of different external loads available when it is released (if it is ever released).

K. :banghead:

deimos256
October 23rd, 2008, 04:08
Hi all

Now I've had the chance to fly this i have to say im a bit disappointed in that so many functions/switches are not operational and there is no flexibility with the visual loads, no chute and other external goodies. The whole experience is a bit lacking.

Was I expecting to much? Am I the only one to think this? It just seems OK rather than WOW after waiting for hours for the massive file to download.

honestly the only gripe i have is that you cant make ordinance disappear, but a lot of the systems either cant be modeled or are just pointless to be modeled, no your not expecting too much, head over to their forum some guy was clearly asking for simulation of tacan which we have all known for years isnt in MSFS

Panther_99FS
October 23rd, 2008, 04:33
honestly the only gripe i have is that you cant make ordinance disappear,

In comparison,
I must admit it is nice how you can actively change the ordnance/loads on the X-Load F-18. :kilroy:

That being said,
This F-16 still looks like it has some outstanding merits on its own....:jump:

ColoKent
October 23rd, 2008, 04:36
...I absolutely agree-- I LOVE the flight qualities and look of this machine....I just want additional external loads, and eventually a two seater-- and ALL of our F-16 needs will be met!

Let's hope we get them-- oh yes....and a PAINT KIT (I don't see one in the download).

K.

ColoKent
October 23rd, 2008, 04:39
....that irritated me about the F/A-18-- it has the opposite problem: The CS two seater is modelled to perfection, but the single seater in FSX Acceleration has no stores available to it. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. Can these guys think beyond "arcade game"?

Jeez!

Kent

VinFlyer
October 23rd, 2008, 05:10
Aerosoft spooks are reading this forum as well ;)
The reason why we kept is to "just" 24 different models / external loads for now is that compiling (making a FSX model from a 3d file) all models almost took us two days. Also when making new external loads you need to make a new internal (VC) model from where you can see the external load. So making a new load isn't as simple as just slap on some external tanks :icon_lol:
But we are planning to do more models, and if it is reasonable to develop there will also be BM/D models. There is a section on the Aerosoft F-16 forum where you can request/suggest any model config for the next update(s): http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20549 We will then see if it is reasonable to do. But twinseaters and a model with wing and centerline tank certainly are high on my wishlist as well and I'm going to use all my power to get the modelers to do so :icon_lol:

VinFlyer
October 23rd, 2008, 05:17
Let's hope we get them-- oh yes....and a PAINT KIT (I don't see one in the download).
K.
For the paintkit:

1) Go to the Aerosoft website
2) On the left menu click "FAQ's / Updates (http://aerosoft-shop.com/support.php?language=en)"
3) login with your username/password
4) select the product (F-16)
5) and there's the paintkit.

I agree it would be easier to have the paintkit already installed with the product itself but this is how Aerosoft decided to do it.

ColoKent
October 23rd, 2008, 05:27
....you've always been DA MAN. Thank you on the alternate configs...I had not thought of the need to change the VC visuals for each.

On another topic, I wish your pull with the Cloud9 crowd had been more-- I would have LOVED to get the F-104G into FSX (and a TF- model as well). Anything you can do to "complete the circle" with the Aerosoft F-16 is greatly appreciated...I guess I can model the NATO F-16 community (1981-88) just as easily as I could the NATO F-104 era (1963-81).

Thanks again, Vin!

Kent

Dag
October 23rd, 2008, 06:18
...in particular, the lack of variety of external loads limits it's appeal to me. But it seems to follow the typical approach I've seen on other Aerosoft releases (i.e. the Twotter with no airstairs): They work on a product for two years, get it 90% of the way where it needs to be....and then they release it. Their products are spectacular-- but from what I've seen, usually only 90% complete. In this case a variety of additional external loads (particularly the centerline droptank and wing drop tanks on a single model-- a very common config.) would not have required new development-- just the application of some systematic reasearch. Tanks and ECM pods would have likewise yielded a dedicated Wild Wesel/SEAD version (for you Spang guys). The question is, will Aerosoft make it right with the inevitable F-16 service pack release-- let's hope so.

Note to any Aerosoft spooks reading this: Also....PLEASE do a two seat F-16B/D version as a companion (with droptanks and travel pods). If you add more external configurations in a Service Pack, and THEN you give us a seperate two seater (and I'm advocating it as another add-on for purchase-- not a freebie), we'll all have the F-16 metal we require to properly simulate F-16 ops. Cloud9 similarly screwed up when they released their beautiful F-104G....with no TF- version. So let's please get it right this time...how about it?

Let's hope the Bronco has a full variety of different external loads available when it is released (if it is ever released).

K. :banghead:
Maybe you should post this over at aerosoft or something, just a thought.
On models; I'm really sorry that we dissapoint you there. We put emphasis on National differences on the aircraft themselves instead of making every store you can imagine. We did 24 different models and 56 paint jobs.....
There are SEAD configs and 3 tankers (Danish).
There is a model request thread over at the aerosoft forums, put your requests there.

ColoKent
October 23rd, 2008, 06:30
...will do. I was simply exchanging my initial impressions with others here...Each to his own-- I recognize that the way this will most likely work in the end is that Aerosoft will do whatever they feel like doing with the F-16, and we'll be left to deal with it-- or take it off of our systems. The best we consumers can hope for is to have an "inside advocate" for our idea.

Kent

P.S. Your website and interests are along the same lines as my own: RoNAF ops!

CodyValkyrie
October 23rd, 2008, 06:57
...will do. I was simply exchanging my initial impressions with others here...Each to his own-- I recognize that the way this will most likely work in the end is that Aerosoft will do whatever they feel like doing with the F-16, and we'll be left to deal with it-- or take it off of our systems. The best we consumers can hope for is to have an "inside advocate" for our idea.

Kent

P.S. Your website and interests are along the same lines as my own: RoNAF ops!
I would hardly say so. I have already seen several testers and devs here in this post already, so you are talking directly to the team. The forums at Aerosoft are no different.

Aerosoft is very good about listening to feedback in my opinion. Hence why the developers are doing everything within their power to make the Bush Hawk more FPS friendly even though many folks like myself have no issues with it at the moment. Sure, they can't do everything, but when you are a company as big as Aerosoft, how can you?

I spent many years working on the 16, and I enjoy this Aerosoft offering (which is the best on the market at this time, and likely will be so for a long while). There is already a list building of things that are likely to be worked on or developed further for the testers and devs. Your input now is critical.

I do however think that some of your expectations of products is a little bewildering... Saying a product is 90% done because it doesn't have a certain config you like or that it doesn't have air stairs or the like is strange to me. Not only are you talking about 2 totally different issues, these are not what a sim makes! :isadizzy: I suggest you mention what variations you would like to see and see if you can gather some support on it. That is probably the best way to go about it. I do think that because the current aircraft doesn't have a config you might be happy to see however does not change how good the product is. If you have something to say about some bugs, a serious flaw with the aerodynamics, etc, then I could understand the statement.

Anyways I digress. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

As for the systems, as stated, some of this will get a hashin over in the future releases. I for one was an advocate of a simulated O2 system, so I hope I get the opportunity to test one ;)

Prowler1111
October 23rd, 2008, 07:39
I canīt find anything wrong with this addon, itīs priced right, and it does delivers.
I have just one BUT.
The Cockpits, even as they are a work of art themselves, it feels ackward to have an A model with a C Block 30+ cockpit, it takes, IMHO, some of the inmersion, but other than that (and iīm not really complaning) itīs a great addon.

Best regards
Prowler

ColoKent
October 23rd, 2008, 08:30
...I wasn't clear about the context of the "90% complete" comment. The product is great. You're correct that it is a configuration issue I'm talking about, so I should have done a better job of describing it.

I like Aerosoft's products...I will admit however, that I was highly irritated over the Twotter (Another GREAT model) being released without airstairs (absolutely the most common configuration, since most twotters were/are used for commuter flying, not skydiving-- in fact I have likened this omission to building a "beautiful KC-135-- without a boom".), and when I brought the point up on the Aerosoft forum, I was told "there are too many airstair configurations". Similarly, when the Jayhawk/Seahawk came out, they didn't release a paint kit for it. So it was just goofy, "10% omissions" that drove me to make my "90% complete" comment. It's a no-win situation, I realize.

I will go over to the Aerosoft forum and list the requests/suggestions, and then I'll leave it be.

Thanks,

Kent

Scratch
October 23rd, 2008, 08:31
Man, this sucker has got some detail! I think I found some boogers and a few pieces of gum left behind by the beta testers:costumes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Villicus/2008-10-22_22-17-29-656.jpg
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Villicus/2008-10-22_22-17-29-656.jpg)

CG_1976
October 23rd, 2008, 08:40
Man detail interior and exterior are very impressive. Like the bush hawk no fps problems for me with this F-16. Even dressed mine in WI ANG colors found this morning at Avsim. Now im really Happy customer. But the navy isnt happy with me as in my last pic i went for a flyby on the Uss-Regean outside MUGM NAS.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x311/thobin76/2008-10-23_11-24-52-406.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x311/thobin76/2008-10-23_11-25-56-203.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x311/thobin76/2008-10-23_11-29-3-265.jpg

JT8D-9A
October 23rd, 2008, 09:28
There is a way to create a transparent texture section for "cleaning up" the modeled in AB effect so a custom effect can be made. A couple of people I know have done it. It was done for Captain Sim's old Mig-21 and a friend of mine is chipping away at the effect for the Iris F-20 and Acceleration F/A-18. I did a beta run on his system recently and what I saw was impressive. He gave me the screens(shown below) of his work with the X-Load Hornet. After seeing this, I am going to have to buy this now! Maybe at some point someone can do the same for the F-16.

Wow, that looks really cool. I hope that he or you will share it.

Lionheart
October 23rd, 2008, 10:52
Man, this sucker has got some detail! I think I found some boogers and a few pieces of gum left behind by the beta testers:costumes:

LOLOL...

I can just see some crusties and nose goblins up in there. :d

Cool angle shot Scratch!

Waiting on Friday evening.... C'mon Friday......

Bill

JorisVandenBerghe
October 23rd, 2008, 11:46
Waiting on Friday evening.... C'mon Friday......
Bill
So am I...boy, do I hate Aerosoft...since I got the Twotter, I'm pretty addicted to that company - the more products they release, the more money getting out of my wallet...

deathfromafar
October 23rd, 2008, 15:51
Wow, that looks really cool. I hope that he or you will share it. Well, that is my hope as well. My friend is experimenting with FSX afterburner effects based on animated visual effects. The copyrights of the original effects are used in a lot of payware but my friend has released some mods with permission from the original authors more than once. I can tell everyone that there are some obstacles with using this type of effect and they are slowly being overcome. Hopefully the efforts will pay off and there can be some progress on FSX afterburner effects for aftermarket use in various aircraft.

MudMarine
October 23rd, 2008, 17:06

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Villicus/2008-10-22_22-17-29-656.jpg

You know those Air Force pilots Scratch....they just can't keep their fingers out of their noses! hehe:costumes: The only diffrence between them and Marine Aviators is that Marines eat them..........YUK!:costumes:

jmig
October 23rd, 2008, 17:07
For the paintkit:

1) Go to the Aerosoft website
2) On the left menu click "FAQ's / Updates (http://aerosoft-shop.com/support.php?language=en)"
3) login with your username/password
4) select the product (F-16)
5) and there's the paintkit.

I agree it would be easier to have the paintkit already installed with the product itself but this is how Aerosoft decided to do it.

I would love to, if the suckers would ever send me my activation email. I tried to go there and post my thanks and congratulations for a job well done.

It said my handle "jmig" wasn't in their database. I could have sworn that I have posted there before? So, I registered and got a message that I had to be vetted and would receive an email in 10 mins ago. Never got it?

No matter, I can get any paint I might want from AVSIM.

deathfromafar
October 23rd, 2008, 17:42
You know those Air Force pilots Scratch....they just can't keep their fingers out of their noses! hehe:costumes: The only diffrence between them and Marine Aviators is that Marines eat them..........YUK!:costumes:

LMAO!!! You know what MARINE really stands for??? My A$$ Rides In Navy Equipment!!!
:costumes::costumes::costumes:

jmig
October 23rd, 2008, 17:51
LMAO!!! You know what MARINE really stands for??? My A$$ Rides In Navy Equipment!!!
:costumes::costumes::costumes:
:costumes: Ouuuuu now you have done it! MM will be getting his M1 out of the closet, his jarhead brain bucket from the kitchen pot and pans and come after your a$$.

I need to remember that ACRONYM, however. :costumes::costumes: I like it.

BTW MM, many a Marine thanked the USAF pilots who flew close air support for them. :d

MudMarine
October 23rd, 2008, 18:14
Hey, like I said, at least the AirForce jocks don't eat their boogers!! The Navy is so tight fisted it's the only thing left that we have to eat!:costumes:

MHAircraft
October 23rd, 2008, 19:39
Now the other Taiwan AF F-16 wing won't feel left out ... :ernae:

deathfromafar
October 23rd, 2008, 22:09
Look at the bright side Mud, Marines needed the Navy to do what no other Military Expeditionary Force in history has ever accomplished, Conquer the Pacific Ocean!!!! :ernae: LOL

MudMarine
October 24th, 2008, 00:41
Look at the bright side Mud, Marines needed the Navy to do what no other Military Expeditionary Force in history has ever accomplished, Conquer the Pacific Ocean!!!! :ernae: LOL

We are good, aren't we!hehe:d

Warrant
October 24th, 2008, 04:29
What a bummer!:banghead:

Ordered the bird as one of the first ones, and i am one of the last ones to receive it. Pre-ordered the box version, and the mailman won't deliver untill sometime next month.

Mean while i have to suffer the torture of you all having fun with the bird, sharing all those nice screenies :bump:

But.....don't feel guilty about it...go have fun with your Vipers and all.......i'll just wait here and snivel :crybaby:.....and slobber.......and wait for that $%:violent::angryfir:#$ mailman to expedite his delivery of MY copy:costumes:

Man, that Viper looks great!, keep those screenies coming :d

Dag
October 24th, 2008, 04:31
I canīt find anything wrong with this addon, itīs priced right, and it does delivers.
I have just one BUT.
The Cockpits, even as they are a work of art themselves, it feels ackward to have an A model with a C Block 30+ cockpit, it takes, IMHO, some of the inmersion, but other than that (and iīm not really complaning) itīs a great addon.

Best regards
Prowler

I guess you are refferring to the Block 15 OCUs operated out of Fallon. Well, we had two choices, either an MLU cockpit or a Block 50 so we used the grey block 50. The original designer did not want to make a full new legacy cockpit just because of two repaints.

Thanks for the interest

Vigilius
October 24th, 2008, 10:38
Hi DAG, your AMI Viper is wonderfull, thanks :wavey:

S
October 24th, 2008, 11:29
Um...what is an F-16? :redf:

Ok ok...of course I got it already!:ernae:

Panther_99FS
October 24th, 2008, 18:48
Nice shot there Vigilius....:ernae:

MHAircraft
October 24th, 2008, 19:21
I love this Sarah Palin Viper. :icon_lol:

Scratch
October 24th, 2008, 19:58
I love this Sarah Palin Viper. :icon_lol:

If she puts it on Ebay I'm bidding on it:ernae:

wilycoyote4
October 24th, 2008, 20:51
:ernae: A USAF photo of the real one.

http://www.eielson.af.mil/

VinFlyer
October 25th, 2008, 03:04
Now the other Taiwan AF F-16 wing won't feel left out ... :ernae:
:applause:Great work, good to see the other wing is represented now as well :)
One thing, when releasing your paints to the public (at avsim, flightsim or any other) please also post it in the Aerosoft F-16 Livery Request & Exchange thread on the aerosoft forum as pointed out in the readme file that came with the paintkit:

All the files in the paint kit are copyright by F-16 and its partners who helped with the textures. If you make your own livery you can share it with anybody as long as it does not contain any other part of our copyrighted product.

There is just one condition: You need to announce your livery in our F-16 support forum and add a small image so other know how it looks and where to get it. If you do not follow this guideline we will ask the site where you uploaded your livery to remove it.

Aerosoft

Nick C
October 25th, 2008, 03:23
You know, if you're not burning along at treetop levels, those with slightly older machines may want to consider turning off autogen when flying the Viper. It makes little visual impact when flying through the clouds, but is vastly less taxing on your hardware.

BananaBob
October 25th, 2008, 03:55
Holy smokes Nick, beautiful shots bro!! :applause::medals::applause:

MHAircraft
October 25th, 2008, 10:39
One thing, when releasing your paints to the public (at avsim, flightsim or any other) please also post it in the Aerosoft F-16 Livery Request & Exchange thread on the aerosoft forum as pointed out in the readme file that came with the paintkit:

Thanks!

I registered at the Aerosoft forum days ago, but wasn't given permission to post yet. I will comply with the requirement as soon as I can post.

MudMarine
October 25th, 2008, 14:26
Nice shot there Vigilius....:ernae:

What's wrong with my shots in the Grand Canyon?:d

azflyboy
October 25th, 2008, 16:33
For those here that bought the F-16, there appears to be a slight bug that causes any of the aircraft carrying the laser designator to roll to the left, thanks to FSX's handling of uneven loading.

I came up with a temporary fix for the rolling problem until the Aerosoft developers can come up with something more formal, and I thought some people here might be interested in it.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20775&view=findpost&p=127981

deimos256
October 25th, 2008, 16:57
was that before or after the patch? i honestly didnt notice any rolling in the designator models, and if the pod is on the right why would it roll to the left? Oh boy chalk another up to MS brilliance i suppose

idancesafetydance
October 25th, 2008, 17:25
Thanks Tim.

Yep, I know what I will be doing this weekend. I miss Falcon 4.0. This will be its replacement.

:d

Bill

If you miss it Lionheart, just come to my house, i'm flying it right now....but...is Allied Force okay?:jump:

azflyboy
October 25th, 2008, 17:25
The rolling should happen regardless of the 1.01 patch, since that patch wasn't intended to solve that issue.

The problem stems from the fact that the designator set up in the aircraft.cfg to be one foot off the centerline, which is enough to cause some people to report it causing a rolling tendency in flight.
All I did was shift that weight to the centerline of the F-16, keeping the mass and vertical positions identical to what they were before.

kimdahl
October 26th, 2008, 07:05
Hi guys

Just a stupid little question from a total flying dummy... My main interest in FS is actually scenery design and how things LOOK, and when it comes to flying I hardly know how to use most of the systems on an average plane :redf: I normally feel most comfortable flying stuff that isn't more complicated than a Mooney Mite, but this bird just looks so great (and has a RDAF version too), so my question is:

Will I be able to have any joy from this plane (without long studies of instruments and procedures that don't really interest me), or will it just leave me on the ground, scratching my head while I try in vain to start the engine???

Regards
Kim

Fireball6
October 26th, 2008, 07:14
Hello kimdahl - I for myself have a lot of fun with it - Engine and System`s are easy to start (Engine is runnig when start FSX), it fly`s very well, the handling is fantastic and the danish paints looks great (my favorite`s). Once you are up in the air (have a look at your pilot when starting the afterburner) you could not stop to fly - so my answer is YES - you will have some joy with it :icon_lol:.

Greetings Dirk

MHAircraft
October 26th, 2008, 07:45
Made another repaint. I promise I'll post it at the Aerosoft forum as soon as the admin lets me. :mixedsmi:

Fireball6
October 26th, 2008, 07:48
Looks good - will add it !:jump:

gajit
October 26th, 2008, 09:29
Wow - yes thats a great repaint - keep them coming please and thanks for sharing :ernae::applause:

jmig
October 26th, 2008, 09:32
Hi guys

Just a stupid little question from a total flying dummy... My main interest in FS is actually scenery design and how things LOOK, and when it comes to flying I hardly know how to use most of the systems on an average plane :redf: I normally feel most comfortable flying stuff that isn't more complicated than a Mooney Mite, but this bird just looks so great (and has a RDAF version too), so my question is:

Will I be able to have any joy from this plane (without long studies of instruments and procedures that don't really interest me), or will it just leave me on the ground, scratching my head while I try in vain to start the engine???

Regards
Kim

I start cold and dark. Actually, the engine is whining down. :costumes:

It takes CRTL E to start the engine. There are four switches on the right console near your elbow (Avionics Panel) turn them on. They control the MFDs & INS.

There are three switches next to the control stick that control what you see on the HUD. Click them forward twice. Now turn the top left wheel under the HUD to light it up.

You are now read to fly!

kimdahl
October 26th, 2008, 10:57
OK, got it hehe :icon_lol:

But this bird just makes a computer update even more urgent...

Regards
Kim

Nick C
October 26th, 2008, 11:10
ooooo look at that scenery!!!

kimdahl
October 26th, 2008, 11:35
Oh, that's nothing special... just a bit of my EKVL Værløse Airbase scenery. A project that I have been working on for a long time (and propably will be for a long time to come). It's a part of the Denmark Scenery pack.

Regards
Kim

Nick C
October 26th, 2008, 11:45
Nothing special!! Sigh!

Fireball6
October 26th, 2008, 11:53
Many happy Flying-Hours :jump:

Warrant
October 26th, 2008, 16:51
I purchased the download version of this great bird (though i already ordered and payed for the boxed version. Imagine how anxious i was to get and fly the bird :d).
Looking at and testing this great addon i have the following remarks:

1) In VC view the GBU-12 seekers show a 0 velocity position (hanging down) even when the bird is already airborne and the external view shows the seeker pointing forward.

2) The models equipped with the IRIS-T lack HMS

3) The AIM-9X should be added in the inventory

4) All models lack a possible improved or advanced flight helmet

5) The only bomb-load as far as i can see is the GBU-12, how about the other smart bombs including the JDAM, JASSM, GBU-10, GBU-24 etc?

6) The AIM-120's included only comprehence the AIM-120B (or A), it lacks the C model

7) The radar is only capable of search and some sort of TWS mode (though the capabilities available are great)

8) Recce sytems like Recce Light & MARS could be nice addons

9) INERT & practice payloads (A-A & A-S) also are recommendable (if simulating being participant to a major exercise like Maple or Red Flag).

10) ACMI pods

11) Chaff/Flare effects

12) if possible; some symbology on the ALR display when tracked by another plane (especially for multi-player)

13) Other air-to-air missiles possibly carried by the F-16 (The Rafael missile line).

14) TER's for the bomb-load (meaning 2 GBU-12's per wing pylon)

15) Dumb bombs (MK-82, 84, BLU-109) and though politically incorrect, Cluster bombs like the CBU-87/97

One general question for the developers: are you also planning on an expansion package with B and D models (e.g. dual seats, especially the enhanced dorsal spine ones), and the latest C models?

Though a lot of whishes and observations are listed i am impressed and very happy with the product so far :medals::applause:.

Marlin
October 27th, 2008, 19:23
:costumes:@ Warrant:173go1::kilroy:

Panther_99FS
October 27th, 2008, 19:35
I purchased the download version of this great bird (though i already ordered and payed for the boxed version. Imagine how anxious i was to get and fly the bird :d).

:icon_lol::costumes::costumes::icon_lol:

Dag
October 27th, 2008, 23:53
Looking at and testing this great addon i have the following remarks:

1) In VC view the GBU-12 seekers show a 0 velocity position (hanging down) even when the bird is already airborne and the external view shows the seeker pointing forward.

2) The models equipped with the IRIS-T lack HMS

3) The AIM-9X should be added in the inventory

4) All models lack a possible improved or advanced flight helmet

5) The only bomb-load as far as i can see is the GBU-12, how about the other smart bombs including the JDAM, JASSM, GBU-10, GBU-24 etc?

6) The AIM-120's included only comprehence the AIM-120B (or A), it lacks the C model

7) The radar is only capable of search and some sort of TWS mode (though the capabilities available are great)

8) Recce sytems like Recce Light & MARS could be nice addons

9) INERT & practice payloads (A-A & A-S) also are recommendable (if simulating being participant to a major exercise like Maple or Red Flag).

10) ACMI pods

11) Chaff/Flare effects

12) if possible; some symbology on the ALR display when tracked by another plane (especially for multi-player)

13) Other air-to-air missiles possibly carried by the F-16 (The Rafael missile line).

14) TER's for the bomb-load (meaning 2 GBU-12's per wing pylon)

15) Dumb bombs (MK-82, 84, BLU-109) and though politically incorrect, Cluster bombs like the CBU-87/97

One general question for the developers: are you also planning on an expansion package with B and D models (e.g. dual seats, especially the enhanced dorsal spine ones), and the latest C models?

Though a lot of whishes and observations are listed i am impressed and very happy with the product so far :medals::applause:.

There are two types of ACMI pods, the legacy one reliant on ground stations/instrumented ranges and the Flight Profile Recorder with the "CF card" at the rear.
And... Why don't you publish the list on the models request forum over at Aerosoft and see what Mathijs says?
I knew that if we brought it this far, we would get even more requests.. :d Again.. we've concentrated on getting the national differences of the aircraft right and not doing 50 plus different external stores. I am kinda hoping for two seaters instead of ordnance.

pernik
October 28th, 2008, 00:44
Got it , love it :applause:

IanP
October 28th, 2008, 02:38
Now if someone had pointed out to me that there was a Weasel in the pack...

Yeesh. I might have to get it now, just for the tailcode and regardless of the ordinance! :redf::d

Ian P.

MudMarine
October 28th, 2008, 06:15
Man......I like it as is!! It's still messing with my trottle, it's keeps advancing or retarding without any input. Am I doing something wrong? It's the only aircraft in FSX that does that to me..........?:isadizzy:

MudMarine
October 28th, 2008, 06:17
If she puts it on Ebay I'm bidding on it:ernae:
If she comes with it in a bikini.....I'm definetely bidding on it!:costumes: I know I'm a sexist pig....oink.....oink!:d

Warrant
October 28th, 2008, 08:24
There are two types of ACMI pods, the legacy one reliant on ground stations/instrumented ranges and the Flight Profile Recorder with the "CF card" at the rear.
And... Why don't you publish the list on the models request forum over at Aerosoft and see what Mathijs says?
I knew that if we brought it this far, we would get even more requests.. :d Again.. we've concentrated on getting the national differences of the aircraft right and not doing 50 plus different external stores. I am kinda hoping for two seaters instead of ordnance.

Regarding posting at Aerosoft; will do

About the modelling the national variants, and the model in general; outstanding job!, worth every single penny (even purchasing it twice :d).

Getting the hang on the internal systems, the Aerosoft team did a splendid job there as well. About the F-16, i'm very sensitive for detail, and i'm very satisfied with it. :medals:

The F-16, and now the AS F-16 for FSX in particular, is my all time fav aircraft.

Old Tiger
October 28th, 2008, 11:40
...and downloaded it too. Thus far, nothing but CTDs everytime I select an F-16.

We shall see...

K.

:wavey:Same with me:banghead:

Just installed hotfix patch from Aerosoft:applause:OK now.

jmig
October 28th, 2008, 13:14
Man......I like it as is!! It's still messing with my trottle, it's keeps advancing or retarding without any input. Am I doing something wrong? It's the only aircraft in FSX that does that to me..........?:isadizzy:

That because you are a Marine and that is an AIR FORCE fighter. It is too complicated for a Marine. ;)

:cost1:

MudMarine
October 28th, 2008, 13:48
Sorry but the Navy and Marine Corps figured out flying a LONG time before the Air Force did. The F16 is ass backwards, I mean, who puts the stick on the starboard side panel of a cockpit? It's supposed to go on the deck between the pilots feet......ah......DUH!! The Air Force must have done a study using chimps and they liked it there. :costumes: Jokes aside......is anyone else having the same problem with their throttle controller?

Gregory Paul
October 28th, 2008, 14:05
I have not had any problems with her.

Ferry_vO
October 28th, 2008, 14:12
Hey Warrant, maybe you can join us here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=2435

and you'll have the chance to talk to Matthijs in person about your requests for the F-16. The last few years he was present on both days at the Aerosoft stand.

:)

jmig
October 28th, 2008, 16:18
Sorry but the Navy and Marine Corps figured out flying a LONG time before the Air Force did. The F16 is ass backwards, I mean, who puts the stick on the starboard side panel of a cockpit? It's supposed to go on the deck between the pilots feet......ah......DUH!! The Air Force must have done a study using chimps and they liked it there. :costumes: Jokes aside......is anyone else having the same problem with their throttle controller?

Actually, the Air Force was called the Army Air Corps before they became separated and divorced. :costumes: The Army bought the first military airplane from the Wright Bros. SO, we were flying first!

Seriously, I haven't had any problems with the plane except for FSX crashing. And it does that with any plane.

Are you using a separate throttle or one built into your joystick? You could be getting noise out of the potentiometer which is causing the throttle osculation.

MudMarine
October 28th, 2008, 17:55
Actually, the Air Force was called the Army Air Corps before they became separated and divorced. :costumes: The Army bought the first military airplane from the Wright Bros. SO, we were flying first!

Seriously, I haven't had any problems with the plane except for FSX crashing. And it does that with any plane.

Are you using a separate throttle or one built into your joystick? You could be getting noise out of the potentiometer which is causing the throttle osculation.

Oh so you want to split hairs..........:d I though we were talking about the Air Force not the Army Air Corps........?:costumes: I'm using a CH Products throttle, the one that is modeled after the F-16's. I've calibrated it numerous times with the same result.....it keeps twitching?

jmig
October 28th, 2008, 18:03
I am assuming MM that this is not happening with other aircraft. Are you running the CH Throttles through the FSX controls, CH's software or FSUIPC?

I have the same throttle and I run it directly through FSUIPC, bypassing FSX controls. I have them turned off in FSX. I have heard of times when two applets are trying to control the same input, you get just what you are describing.

I tried running the CH software and had nothing but problems. i gave up on it and just use FSUIPC. It seems solid as a rock.

FLighT01
October 29th, 2008, 04:22
Oh so you want to split hairs..........:d I though we were talking about the Air Force not the Army Air Corps........?:costumes: I'm using a CH Products throttle, the one that is modeled after the F-16's. I've calibrated it numerous times with the same result.....it keeps twitching?

Just a thought, I recently had a similar problem but with the rudder axis on the pro pedals showing the axis moving /drifting up or down at times (as seen in the test/calibration applet), whether the pedals were in the neutral position or fully deflected left or right the indicator would just drift out of position (couldn't figure out till I looked at the calibration screen why I was having so much difficulty with rudder control on the ground or in the air). The position of the marker in the calibration screen would just drift out of position. It might "reset" things if you turn off the CPU, then unplug the Pro Throttle. Boot up (still without the throttle plugged in). Now replug the throttle back in after your back to the desktop and let windows set it up again. If you use Control Manager software it might run you through the found new device dialogs again for the throttle. There is also the CH Delete utility that clears all traces of CH drivers so you can start out fresh and replug all, but that should clear all other CH drivers as well, and maybe all CH devices need to be unplugged when you run the delete utility. Refer the the on line help manual for the proper procedure to do this. Worked for me.

Gregory Paul
October 29th, 2008, 10:09
Has anyone got the air to air refueling to work?

Warrant
October 29th, 2008, 10:23
Hey Warrant, maybe you can join us here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=2435

and you'll have the chance to talk to Matthijs in person about your requests for the F-16. The last few years he was present on both days at the Aerosoft stand.

:)

Thanks for the H/U, Ferror :wavey:

Will post there as well.

Wish i could go to the FS weekend, but i have to do other stuff with aircraft that weekend, work thingies :d

Nick C
October 29th, 2008, 12:52
Panther asked on my forum for a selection of screenshots showing all repaints included in the base F-16 package, so here they are (http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/Aerosoft_f16_variants.htm) spread over two pages.

Thanks Ed! :173go1:

Tweek
October 30th, 2008, 05:21
Very useful, Nick!

Fireball6
October 30th, 2008, 13:51
Hello Gregory - air to air refueling is operated by the knob which is marked in the picture.

Gregory Paul
October 30th, 2008, 14:28
Hello Gregory - air to air refueling is operated by the knob which is marked in the picture.

Thank you. I knew where the button is. I just can't get any fuel when using it. I slow down to below 250KIAS and stay above 5,000' AGL but I don't get any extra fuel.

Fireball6
October 30th, 2008, 14:40
Oh, sorry - misunderstood your post :redf:

tigisfat
October 30th, 2008, 20:10
I don't like aerosoft's store at all. I just got back from a business trip, and I've been waiting for this one, but I just can't buy it for a different reason every single time. I'm off to try for the 6th time, and if the store is still being stupid, I'll swear off buying it. If it ain't user friendly, it ain't getting my money; period.

Tweek
October 31st, 2008, 05:41
I don't like aerosoft's store at all. I just got back from a business trip, and I've been waiting for this one, but I just can't buy it for a different reason every single time. I'm off to try for the 6th time, and if the store is still being stupid, I'll swear off buying it. If it ain't user friendly, it ain't getting my money; period.

Someone may be able to help if you say what these reasons are!

ryanbatc
October 31st, 2008, 07:16
If someone could please view this thread:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=2789

I'm trying to find someone who loves repainting :)

tigisfat
October 31st, 2008, 08:14
I got it! it looks great and doesn't seem horrible on FPS, my only problem now is that I can't get the HUD on. I've got everything else up so far.

VinFlyer
October 31st, 2008, 08:28

I like it, if you can provide me with some good images (mainly of the tail) I might put it on my "to-do" list. Also know that you can put your repaint requests on the Aerosoft forum here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20550

VinFlyer
October 31st, 2008, 08:32
Thank you. I knew where the button is. I just can't get any fuel when using it. I slow down to below 250KIAS and stay above 5,000' AGL but I don't get any extra fuel.
You know, I've been working on this plane for over three year now with a lot of betatesting but I didn't knew this option existed. As far as I know we weren't asked of testing this. But I'll put this in the F-16 beta forum to see if it can be fixed.

Panther_99FS
October 31st, 2008, 08:40
I got it! it looks great and doesn't seem horrible on FPS,

Which makes me wonder even more why the Bush Hawk is hard on FPS...:isadizzy:

VinFlyer
October 31st, 2008, 08:59
I got it! it looks great and doesn't seem horrible on FPS, my only problem now is that I can't get the HUD on. I've got everything else up so far.
You need to turn on HUD with the left top rotating knob on the ICP (see page 33 of the manual) and switch on the HUD knobs on the right side console. Also read this topic: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20851

tigisfat
October 31st, 2008, 09:15
wow, after 15 minutes of flying it I can tell everyone that the flight dynamics are AWESOME and worth the price of admission alone. No other developer has come close to producing a fighter that flies like this. The computer controlled fly-by-wire is reproduced well, as is the aircraft's ability to remain stable while opening up AOA. My only gripe is that the rudder rolls more than it yaws, but I don't know enough about the F-16 to say whether it should or shouldn't be like that.

I can't reccomend this product enough.

(thanks for the help, directing me to the right page in the manul was perfect. I can't stand when people simply tell you to **** when it's a jillion pages long)

ryanbatc
October 31st, 2008, 09:19
I like it, if you can provide me with some good images (mainly of the tail) I might put it on my "to-do" list. Also know that you can put your repaint requests on the Aerosoft forum here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20550

Thanks a bunch, I uploaded the pics in a zip file to media fire, link here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ogmntfyjzzo

Also I included the old paint if the tail is too tough, the old paint (basic tail) was taken in broad daylight so the colors are better....most of the new bulldog tail pics were taken when the sun was low in the sky...

JohnC
October 31st, 2008, 12:54
wow, after 15 minutes of flying it I can tell everyone that the flight dynamics are AWESOME and worth the price of admission alone. No other developer has come close to producing a fighter that flies like this. The computer controlled fly-by-wire is reproduced well, as is the aircraft's ability to remain stable while opening up AOA. My only gripe is that the rudder rolls more than it yaws, but I don't know enough about the F-16 to say whether it should or shouldn't be like that.

I can't reccomend this product enough.

(thanks for the help, directing me to the right page in the manul was perfect. I can't stand when people simply tell you to **** when it's a jillion pages long)

Those are really kind words, thank you. The Rudder yaw/roll characteristics were modeled after flight responses taken from the NASA Aimes/Langley simulator. In these simulators, deflecting the rudder produced an angular velocity which was three times greater for roll than yaw. As an example, if an (arbitrary) rudder deflection causes the F-16 to yaw at 5 deg/s, then the aerodynamics are such that the aircraft will also be rolling at ~15deg/s if no aileron/stabilator coordination is applied.

Tweek
October 31st, 2008, 13:05
The good thing about the rudder is that you can perform a nice slow roll with it! Never been able to coordinate it with other aircraft, before.

tigisfat
October 31st, 2008, 13:14
the slow roll is one of my favorite maneuvers, and the thunderchickens perform it in the F-16. What do you use for yaw correction when doing a slow roll if the rudders make to much roll?

jcagle: was this roll moment that we're talking about being produced by the rudder shown at all speeds? I'm wondering if the model you used produced that roll moment at low speeds and high AOA only. That would seem more natural.

ColoKent
October 31st, 2008, 13:27
....whatever other little nits people like me have with the F-16, there is NO DOUBT that the flight model is SUPERB!!!! It flies beautifully.

Kent

Tweek
October 31st, 2008, 15:24
the slow roll is one of my favorite maneuvers, and the thunderchickens perform it in the F-16. What do you use for yaw correction when doing a slow roll if the rudders make to much roll?

Just a mix of the rudder and varying amounts of elevator seems to work for me.

JohnC
October 31st, 2008, 16:06
Tigisfat: The model did include high angle of attack responses. However, a second source (13 were used in this fm) corroborated this for low Angles of Attack. I just looked up the numbers again, and the rudder dependant roll to yaw moment coefficient ratio is 3.08:1 at Alpha=0. In terms of speed based effects, this trend was propogated throughout the flight envelope as I applied a more or less uniformly variable mach based effects (relative, not absolute) on the control surfaces. If your experience as a pilot says the rudder induced roll trend is decreased as speed increases (I thought I remembered you saying you had at least a few hours in an F-16), then I can certainly tone it down for SP1.

ColoKent: Thank you for the complement, my single greatest motivation in this endeavor is to bring realism and joy to the fine folks of this hobby (and especially this forum).

tigisfat
October 31st, 2008, 17:35
When I say that I have a few hours in F-16s, I mean that I've gotten rides in them and have some stick time. I know more than the average joe who doesn't fly or maintain them, but I'm no expert.

If your data says that the roll should be there, then I'd stick with what you've done. I just can't remember the roll moment being that strong. It makes slow flight and touchdowns kinda wierd not being able to straighten out the nose with the rudder.

falcon409
October 31st, 2008, 21:14
When I say that I have a few hours in F-16s, I mean that I've gotten rides in them and have some stick time. I know more than the average joe who doesn't fly or maintain them, but I'm no expert.
What sort of work do you do on the F-16?

tigisfat
October 31st, 2008, 23:06
PM sent!!

bstolle
November 1st, 2008, 06:41
I also noticed that deflecting the rudder produces only a roll moment in the Aerosoft F-16. No yaw moment at all which is a bit weird.
Even at a high AoA.
I don't know if this is correct but according to my sources manual rudder input is being phased out at high AoA and at the 25deg limit there's no manual rudder input possible at all.
Furthermore I don't know if the F-16 FBW system automatically counteracts the rolling tendency when applying rudder.
Any first hand info on that?

Except for this (and no working gear unsafe light on my installation) it's a breathtaking add-on.
Became one of my very very few favourites in no time!

JohnC
November 1st, 2008, 07:00
I also noticed that deflecting the rudder produces only a roll moment in the Aerosoft F-16. No yaw moment at all which is a bit weird.
Even at a high AoA.
I don't know if this is correct but according to my sources manual rudder input is being phased out at high AoA and at the 25deg limit there's no manual rudder input possible at all.
Furthermore I don't know if the F-16 FBW system automatically counteracts the rolling tendency when applying rudder.
Any first hand info on that?

Except for this (and no working gear unsafe light on my installation) it's a breathtaking add-on.
Became one of my very very few favourites in no time!

There is actually a yaw moment, but to experience it exclusively, you have to use coordinated aileron input (read my posts above). With respect to high angle of attack. The NASA fly-by-wire simulator cuts out all lateral controls to the pilot at 30 deg AoA. This is because above 30deg the F-16 is naturally prone to Dutch Roll, Roll Depature, and experiences Aileron Reversal. So, above 30 degrees, all lateral stability and control surface input is provided by the fly-by-wire system. However, the fly by wire system in FSX can't the F-16 (it can't handle the Accel F-18 either). It updates too slowly and overloads, which winds up freezing the controls just after ~250kts or a hard maneuver. Consequently, all of the effects of the fly-by-wire system had to be written into the aerodynamic profile. I know it's not the ideal solution, but it was the best compromise I could achieve.

MHAircraft
November 1st, 2008, 07:12
Another one coming up ...

Tweek
November 1st, 2008, 10:24
Don't suppose any of you flight dynamics experts could help with the problem I've described here (http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20936) (read all posts for full info)?

tigisfat
November 1st, 2008, 11:33
Don't suppose any of you flight dynamics experts could help with the problem I've described here (http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20936) (read all posts for full info)?

I hate to tell it to you like this, but what you're experiencing is a limitation of the sim, not the FDE. Aircraft in MSFS with high roll and pitch rates tend to depart controlled flight if you take them to far. This is not a big deal, you just need to reduce the commands you're giving the aircraft, and reduce your sensitivities. If you pay attention to the G-meter, you're pulling unrealistic G levels when you do it that would break the aircraft in real life.

It's different in the Extra. The default extra is highly hampered by the sim, and there's many things you should be able to do that you aren't even at low G's and speeds.

Tweek
November 1st, 2008, 13:02
Unfortunately it's the same story even if I reduce my input. It just goes out of control more slowly, instead!

I tried exactly the same manouvre with Piglet's A-29, which does have a fast roll rate, and the plane remains in control for the entire maneouvre. Does a nice, quick barrel roll, at full speed, with full aileron and elevator input.

tigisfat
November 1st, 2008, 16:20
It may be possible in some aircraft, but I promise you that the problems you're experienceing are procedural. I fly aerobatics in real life, and I can outline how some various rolls are performed. Of course, it's only a sim and you can fly things however you like or want to see, but if my advice helps you then you're welcome to it.

Slow rolls: start level and at a fairly fast speed. pitch up five to ten degrees, and start a constant and slow rate of roll that you will adhere to for the entire maneuver. Use the following controls in a increasing then decreasing manner to keep the nose relatively in the same place; rudder, nose down pitch, opposite rudder, then a small amount of nose up. While inverted your nose should pass slowly through the horizon on it's way to the opposite of the value you pitched up too. When finished you should be at the same altitude you started at bt pitching up for the horizon. Your altitude change should be minimal throughout the maneuver.

hesitation rolls: use the same principal as a slow roll, but go max aileron with small opposite inputs to make it punctuated when you hesitate. While hesitating, keep the nose up with rudders or pitch. Add four, eight, or as many points as you'd like.

barrel rolls: Use a moderate amount of aileron, rudder and pitch to go up and around. You should gain and lose a fair amount of altitude, with your nose passing through the horizon at the exact point you're passing through wings level inverted flight. When you finish, you should be at the same altitude you started at. The maneuver should look just like you drove all the way around around the inside of a tunnel. Note that this isn't a rapid maneuver.

Loaded rolls: this is similar to a barrel role in flight path, but you're building a big AOA and keeping it, therefore making the pitch you use more than the roll. This maneuver should be exclusively for modern high powered aircraft, as it's done slowly with high power settings to overcome drag. This is probably the one you saw, but you're not doing it right if you go flat out with the pitch.

aileron rolls: pitch up slightly, use max roll and a medium amount of rudder. To make it snap, apply slight opposite aileron at the end to bring it to a stop.

snap rolls: at a slow to medium speed, suddenly apply full nose up elevator and full rudder in the direction you want to snap. don't use aileron to help, but if you need it to stabilize at the end, then use it. You're literally making the aircraft attempt to spin, but you're maintaining positive control. You shouldn't be able to accomplish this in jet aircraft, nor should you try in real life, but once again, it's a game. Try if you want, but it's not a true snap roll in a jet.

Tweek
November 1st, 2008, 17:24
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I still have to stand by the fact that I simply can't perform one of those loaded rolls without it going completely haywire. Like I say, even if I am performing it incorrectly, there's absolutely no way the aircraft should behave in the way it does. Yes, I know the sim has some bizarre stall characteristics, but the fact is that the aircraft shouldn't go into such a stall so suddenly. It's not even a case of the aircraft bleeding off airspeed quickly and slipping and sliding into a stall, it's just apply the aileron/elevator and bang - it's out of control.

In short, I know of plenty of aircraft that don't do this, and it'd be nice to know if there was a way of fixing the F-16 so it doesn't either. I respect your thoughts, but I'm still finding it hard to believe that it's solely down to the sim/my piloting skills when it's one of a select few aircraft that behave like this.

tigisfat
November 1st, 2008, 18:24
I dunno, man. I just went out and did several loaded rolls in the Aerosoft F-16 with vapes blasting from the wing gloves at various speeds and didn't have a problem.

Are you doing them with no throttle? Setting the aircraft up for a loaded roll is the hardest part. You need to have the right airspeed and entry AOA. Try performing the loaded roll out of the bottom of a vertical downline with max pull. As you pull through the level, add max burner and begin rolling while keeping the stick full aft. Maybe that'll help.

Even real F-16s aren't known for their loaded rolls. That's usually a generation younger, such as the super hornet and typhoon.

wilycoyote4
November 1st, 2008, 19:41
How about a tail slide? I mean is it ok for the Viper in FSX?

bstolle
November 1st, 2008, 22:53
I do have a very similar problem.
AFAIK a standard test on pre-delivery flights with the F-16 is;

50deg nose up. approx 90% RPM. Let the speed decay to 111kts where the low speed warning tone should come on
(comes on below 90kts on the aerosoft F-16 at 1G unaccelerated flight) now apply full up elevator and full aileron.....
she will just roll inverted and stop responding with a serious nose slice until the speed is down to 0kts (which doesn't happen in the real one!)
As far as I can tell the aerosoft F-16 tends to skid noticable when rolling out of a turn and needs a quite large bank angle to start a turn at all.
When going inverted the 'FBW' system seems to ignore the full up elevator command totally in this situation.
In fact when doing aileron rolls with full up elevator at around 300kts the G-load momentarily reaches -4Gs.....which is somewhat strange.
Try the same in the default F/A-18...much more as expected....
on the other hand if you keep these control inputs there's apparently no limiter because you can make the F/A-18 go into a nice inverted flat spin.

I guess it's either the limiters freezing the plane or a fully aerobatic plane which can be flown out of control very easily.

Tweek
November 2nd, 2008, 04:11
Are you doing them with no throttle? Setting the aircraft up for a loaded roll is the hardest part. You need to have the right airspeed and entry AOA. Try performing the loaded roll out of the bottom of a vertical downline with max pull. As you pull through the level, add max burner and begin rolling while keeping the stick full aft. Maybe that'll help.

Been using a varying amount of throttle, including full afterburner, but still the same response. No amount of power will stop it from going berserk.

If you're not getting the same response, may I ask how your controls are set up (sensitivities, etc)? Realism settings may also be playing a part. Also, ignoring doing it by the book for a moment, have you simply tried adding full elevator and aileron input? Does the plane go madly out of control, or does it just do a quick, tight roll?

gajit
November 2nd, 2008, 05:15

50deg nose up. approx 90% RPM. Let the speed decay to 111kts where the low speed warning tone should come on
(comes on below 90kts on the aerosoft F-16 at 1G unaccelerated flight) now apply full up elevator and full aileron.....
she will just roll inverted and stop responding with a serious nose slice until the speed is down to 0kts (which doesn't happen in the real one!)
As far as I can tell the aerosoft F-16 tends to skid noticable when rolling out of a turn and needs a quite large bank angle to start a turn at all.
When going inverted the 'FBW' system seems to ignore the full up elevator command totally in this situation.
In fact when doing aileron rolls with full up elevator at around 300kts the G-load momentarily reaches -4Gs.....which is somewhat strange.
on the other hand if you keep these control inputs there's apparently no limiter because you can make the F/A-18 go into a nice inverted flat spin.

I guess it's either the limiters freezing the plane or a fully aerobatic plane which can be flown out of control very easily.

:applause:Good explanation - there is definately something not right with the FD

JohnC
November 2nd, 2008, 11:41

This problem, as well as the one posted on Aerosoft's forums seems to deal with ability to initiate pitching maneuvers at lower speeds. Presently, the available maximum pitch loads (in G's) against speeds were pulled from and matched to military publications. The compromise is this; if the aircraft is able to initiate maneuvers well, the available maximum g loads far exceed the published values. However, if the maximum g loads are limited to published values, initiating the maneuvers seems to suffer. It's a complex problem, and I am working to solve it.

tigisfat
November 3rd, 2008, 10:58
I'd like to see it staying where it is. You talked about the balance between the slow speed maneuverability and high speed turn initiation; an entry too fast completely destroys the aircraft's realism while you'll only find the slow speed problems if you're trying. 99% of aircraft for MSFS that have unrealistic post-stall characteristics, I've learned to live aorund that.

If you do edit the air file, can it be in a separate upgrade? I'd rather keep the old air file and recieve an upgrade without the new one.

Tweek
November 3rd, 2008, 11:16
99% of aircraft for MSFS that have unrealistic post-stall characteristics, I've learned to live aorund that.

If you do edit the air file, can it be in a separate upgrade? I'd rather keep the old air file and recieve an upgrade without the new one.

I too wouldn't mind if it really was post-stall, but the fact is that the aircraft shouldn't be going into a stall by doing what I'm doing!

But yes, I certainly wouldn't be against it being a seperate fix for those who want it. Some people will fly in a manner where other areas of the flight envelope are important, but seeing as I like aerobatic routines, I would quite like the ability to be able to twist and turn about the sky, no fuss! Of course, you could always keep a backup of the old air file if you didn't like the new (if there is to be a new) one.

fsafranek
November 3rd, 2008, 14:41
Was it on sale the first week? I heard $25, but it's showing $33 today. Dang exchange rates. At least they take paypal.

Manual is nice and small. Shows you can say a lot without writing a novel. Just finished a quick scan. Will actually read it if I buy a copy.

After the initial Wow is over has anyone tried adapting the SimScape F-16 HUD and/or radar into it? (ducking down now :icon_lol:) Or, for the sake of conversation can anyone make a qualified comparison?

tigisfat
November 3rd, 2008, 23:15
I think when you saw 25, that was in euros. It's 33 US. The store initially shows you the base uero price. The initial wow is soooo not over. I Haven't tried that, but I've tried plenty of this:

JensOle
November 4th, 2008, 00:23
Well I might have mislead you Frank with the 25$, my mistake. But it is still a good buy I think. I bought it in dollar and saved a little compared to buying it in euro due to the current currency level of the Norwegian Krone against dollar and Euro.

I believe it will be a bit difficult to change the HUD gauge if you want to keep the avionics system simulation, but if you simply want another hud gauge maybe it is possible.

And Frank; hopefully not long before we are talking Mirage III/5/Nesher in this forum....lol I'm relly looking forward to the release!

Regards
Jens-Ole

wildcat400
November 4th, 2008, 07:05
Paid, and downloaded this bad boy a few nights ago. Interior and exterior looks greats!!!!!! :ernae:

I have found a few quirks: I can't set my "bingo bug" (or does the Viper not have one?), and ILS. I can't find an ILS option anywhere.
Oh and one major thing: Even with my HUD switch set to "on" my HUD still is not on. Help?

dswo
November 4th, 2008, 07:21
I don't know about bingo and ILS (but there's a section in the manual that deals with this). For turning the HUD on: there is an additional clickspot on the upper left hand corner of the ICP (the one with the telephone keypad). It looks like a vertical dial, but really you click on it like a button; that turns the HUD on.

tigisfat
November 4th, 2008, 08:31
this aircraft may actually be easier to fly in formation due to the excellent power curve. Check this out; it's the famous calypso pass:

wildcat400
November 4th, 2008, 16:42
I don't know about bingo and ILS (but there's a section in the manual that deals with this). For turning the HUD on: there is an additional clickspot on the upper left hand corner of the ICP (the one with the telephone keypad). It looks like a vertical dial, but really you click on it like a button; that turns the HUD on.
I did not know about the 'clickspot" on the ICP. Thanks for the info!
I'll have to read the manual and what which instruments work on this jet.

Gregory Paul
November 4th, 2008, 19:36
Just a little something I started to work on today. I have a long way to go!
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/76209Greg/Image3.jpg

Bomber_12th
November 4th, 2008, 21:18
It looks excellent, Greg, very sharp! That particular scheme is one of my favorites ever applied to an F-16. I'm still on the fence though over whether or not I am ready to pay for a post 1950's jet fighter. :d

The F-16 in honorary 332nd FG/Tuskegee Airmen markings is also a personal favorite of mine.

tigisfat
November 4th, 2008, 22:41
Just a little something I started to work on today. I have a long way to go!
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/76209Greg/Image3.jpg

I was kinda hoping we'd get one of these sooner or later!!

Gregory Paul
November 5th, 2008, 05:06
The F-16 in honorary 332nd FG/Tuskegee Airmen markings is also a personal favorite of mine.

You know it's on my list to do:d

Gregory Paul
November 5th, 2008, 07:55
Updated photo's. I used a few hours today so far to work on her.:d Still much work to do.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/76209Greg/Image3-1.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/76209Greg/Image2.jpg

MHAircraft
November 5th, 2008, 10:47
Great retro paint! I have it somewhere down my list, and now I can scratch it off knowing a better artist beat me to it. :applause:

djscoo
November 5th, 2008, 13:10
I took these with the intent of eventually painting it, but it looks like you did all the hard work for me! Thanks.:ernae:

Navy Chief
November 5th, 2008, 18:11
I have read the aircraft manual for this, but the switches on the HUD panel are not bringing up the display.

Any help on getting the HUD display to light up? I can get virtually every other instrument to operate, except that one.

Thanks.
NC

dswo
November 5th, 2008, 19:18
I have read the aircraft manual for this, but the switches on the HUD panel are not bringing up the display.

Any help on getting the HUD display to light up? I can get virtually every other instrument to operate, except that one.

There's a clickspot on the upper left-hand corner of the ICP (the one that looks like a telephone keypad). The clickspot looks like a vertical dial, not a button.

yago9
November 6th, 2008, 16:07

Anyone knows where,s the pilot helmet texture ? Couldnt find it anywere. Lovely model by the way !

ryanbatc
November 6th, 2008, 17:58
Anyone knows where,s the pilot helmet texture ? Couldnt find it anywere. Lovely model by the way !

Oh SWEET!!! 148th FW!!! I love you! :applause::applause::applause:

yago9
November 7th, 2008, 00:45
[quote=yago9;30890]Anyone knows where,s the pilot helmet texture ? Couldnt find it anywere.

I quess not..np found it myself.This Thundewrbirds texture has an unhealty glow around the fuselage for some reason..Wird.

wildcat400
November 7th, 2008, 09:38
Are there any repaints for this aircraft on the web anywhere?

Nick C
November 7th, 2008, 10:01

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20550

yago9
November 7th, 2008, 11:45

I will try upload a couple US versions here at SOH ..Minnesota and Michigan ANG..

wildcat400
November 7th, 2008, 14:13
http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20550

Thank you!

I will try upload a couple US versions here at SOH ..Minnesota and Michigan ANG..

Please let us know here when you do so. And thanks!

yago9
November 7th, 2008, 21:31
Thank you!

Please let us know here when you do so. And thanks!

Your welcome ! I,ve just uploaded the Minnesota ANG pack !

tigisfat
November 7th, 2008, 22:48
hmm, my F-16 doesn't show the Thunderbirds pilot in thunderbirds gear. How odd.

yago9
November 7th, 2008, 23:57
hmm, my F-16 doesn't show the Thunderbirds pilot in thunderbirds gear. How odd.

Ofcourse it doesnt..that,s why I was asking where,s the pilot texture..I found it and repaint it.Now i need to find the visor texture before uploading..

wildcat400
November 8th, 2008, 10:04
I've just uploaded the Minnesota ANG pack !

I just finished downloading it.
Can't wait to fly that beauty later on tonight after work!

yago9
November 8th, 2008, 10:40
Trying some new glass texture..Clear,colored and more reflective..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/yago9/A10.jpg

Fireball6
November 8th, 2008, 13:26
Oh yeah ! Great !!! :jump:

MHAircraft
November 8th, 2008, 16:54
Nothing special as a repaint, but I wanted to honor a Viper that shot down 3 aircraft in one mission.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1300/mhasf16rs8921371of5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/mhasf16rs8921371of5.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img147/mhasf16rs8921371of5.jpg/1/)

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3466/mhasf16rs8921372dj2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/mhasf16rs8921372dj2.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img253/mhasf16rs8921372dj2.jpg/1/)

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/5226/mhasf16rs8921373tw2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/mhasf16rs8921373tw2.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img385/mhasf16rs8921373tw2.jpg/1/)

ryanbatc
November 8th, 2008, 18:13
To Yago9:

If you could please see this thread, the paint changed a little when they finalized it (I just realized it argh) not sure if that would be too tough to do?

wildcat400
November 8th, 2008, 18:54
Yago9,

I went in to FSX to fly the F-16, and under my aircraft inventory it looks like the one that you did. But once I select it, and go flying it turns back into the original F-16. I transferred the repaint files like I how I normally do.
Help!

yago9
November 8th, 2008, 20:27
Yago9,

I went in to FSX to fly the F-16, and under my aircraft inventory it looks like the one that you did. But once I select it, and go flying it turns back into the original F-16. I transferred the repaint files like I how I normally do.
Help!

It,s a generic thumb dont look for it like that ..READ !! the description below picture..it should match the aircraft variation from your CFG file..ex. ANG Minnesota, Duluth AFB bla bla..

Panther_99FS
November 8th, 2008, 21:58
It's easy enough to change the thumbnail - you can even do it with a screenshot in this thread...:mixedsmi:

Meso
November 9th, 2008, 01:07
If someone likes to do a dutch version here's a link to some special liveries.

My preference goes to J-215.....

kind regards,

Meso

http://www.nicpix.nl/diaas/specials/specials.htm

other links to J-215
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=53136&nseq=12

http://www.milair.info/Picbase/v/Dbase/Europe/Netherlands/AirForce/F-16/AM/J-215.jpg.html

http://www.f-16.net/gallery_item23804.html

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Netherlands%20-%20Air%20Force/Fokker%20F-16A%20Fighting%20Falcon/0554673/L/&width=1024&height=668&sok=WHERE__%28photo_date__%3D_%27August_2%2C_1993% 27%29_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DESC_&photo_nr=5&prev_id=1019561&next_id=0449996

yago9
November 9th, 2008, 08:02
A bunch of Selfridge Michigan ANG versions .New helmets,visor,glass.I,ll upload after i manage to learn how to save the files as good DDS files instead of BMP,s..

stovall
November 9th, 2008, 08:29
Great work Yago, just didn't want to forget the boys from Mountain Home and California.

Tom

franzi
November 9th, 2008, 09:42
Hello yago 9!!!

Great skins, but no more FS 9 ?:wavey:

gajit
November 9th, 2008, 11:56
Great work Yago :applause:

yago9
November 9th, 2008, 13:56
Hello yago 9!!!

Great skins, but no more FS 9 ?:wavey:

Nope, no more Fs9 this days..I bought a new computer just for the Aerosoft F16 and cptsim F-18. So much easier to repaint for FX.

dswo
November 9th, 2008, 14:39
I also posted this on the Aerosoft forum. Needless to say, if you're answering there, don't answer here. I figured, though, that the flyers here might have explored this particular item more. (Not knocking the other crowd -- but this is the Combat Flight Center!)

This evening I am flying the US Navy F-16A stationed at Fallon NAS. Is the Aerosoft model enabled for carrier ops? I can put the hook down, but when I trap it doesn't seem to catch. To check, I landed the F-16 on a nearby runway, switched to the freeware Goshawk (a naval trainer), landed on the carrier, then changed back to F-16. I tried to lower the launch bar (shift-U), but that didn't seem to do anything. Nor could I could arm takeoff assistance (shift I).

I know there are several variables here, but this isn't the first time I've tried to trap. Has anyone made it work so far? I'm not panicked; this is a very fun package, and these things can be added after the fact (even if they don't display as part of the model).

tigisfat
November 9th, 2008, 16:45
I doubt it. The Navy F-16s aren't carrier capable aircraft, and I doubt Aerosoft would enable carrier ops for two repaints. The tailhook you're seeing exists on all USAF aircraft and most fighters. It's to stop the aircraft in case of emergencies and it has nothing to do with carrier ops. In fact, the USAF tailhook isn't strong enough for regular carrier use.

dswo
November 15th, 2008, 07:10
SP1 (there may or many not be a 2) is due out this coming week and will include two missions. Details here:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=21237

dswo
November 19th, 2008, 16:44
From http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?act=announce&f=141&id=13

An update is now available in the FAQs/Updates section at www.aerosoft.com (http://www.aerosoft.com)

The Update V1.10 addresses the following.

1.10 Service Pack 1
Fixed CTD on FSX SP2 systems
Fixed wrong MFD's and HUD gauges
Fixed Engine smoke on all combat versions etc.
Fixed Demo smoke on KLU-Demo, BAF-Demo and Thunderbird
Fixed asymetric loadout
Fixed fuel system
Fixed Speedbrake
Fixed Com radio
Fixed taillight on various versions
Fixed speedbrake indicator
Fixed red light for gear handle
Fixed sound for Canopy open / close reversed
Fixed Stdby HSI heading bug and RMI triangle
Fixed trims set to neutral after Autopilot disengagement
Fixed Autopilot
Fixed engine smoke with afterburner engaged
Fixed stupid tooltips

Changed VC Cameraview for Left Aux panel (COM radio)
Changed eyepoint to coincide with centerline
Changed AA HUD to show better information on range to locked target

Added aircraft panel state configuration utility
Added inflight refueling
Added Portugese F-16's
Added Shockwave gauge line in panel.cfg's
Added Shockwave redux light section
Added two missions (the Airforce one repaint is used with permission of the creator, Damien Oxier)

KNOWN LIMITATIONS/BUGS:

- Due to some unknown reason, the last two digits on the COM radio, in some rare occations, goes blank.When this happens, simply keep dialing the last knob until it shows 00 (Zero zero) again.
- During Aerial refueling, fuel is added 25% for each 20 sec and does NOT happen gradually. This is due to a FSX limitation.
- Landing lights are not possible due to the structure of the HUD we used. As the HUD is far nmore important we decided to accept this limitation.

mathijs (aerosoft)
November 21st, 2008, 07:50
NO! The glider package first! :costumes:

I'm not a big fan of jets, but I am noticing my credit card inching ever closer to the keypad on my keyboard....

Sorry for popping up a rather old post but I just wanted to say that the glider and the Catalina are done by separate teams they only share me in fact. We got 4 or 5 teams on aircraft projects all the time, but some of them will not bet for FSX but for professional simulation so you won't see them.
But the Glider (http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=11047&st=240&start=240)is close to a final beta and the Catalina (http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=18150&st=240&start=240) is well underway as well.

Mathijs

warbird861
November 21st, 2008, 12:41
Sorry for popping up a rather old post but I just wanted to say that the glider and the Catalina are done by separate teams they only share me in fact. We got 4 or 5 teams on aircraft projects all the time, but some of them will not bet for FSX but for professional simulation so you won't see them.
But the Glider (http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=11047&st=240&start=240)is close to a final beta and the Catalina (http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=18150&st=240&start=240) is well underway as well.

Mathijs

Hey! Great to see you here! :wavey:

Valtteri

yago9
November 23rd, 2008, 06:32
Well,If it takes that long for a file to show up in the library ,specialy over the week-end ,then i have to look for a different site to upload from now.
I,ve uploaded the thunderbirds pilot if interested.Maybe it pops out today.

Panther_99FS
November 23rd, 2008, 10:11
Well,If it takes that long for a file to show up in the library ,specialy over the week-end ,then i have to look for a different site to upload from now.
I,ve uploaded the thunderbirds pilot if interested.Maybe it pops out today.

yago,
I don't see your uploads in our queue here....Perhaps they timed out or something?

yago9
November 23rd, 2008, 10:13
yago,
I don't see your uploads in our queue here....Perhaps they timed out or something?

I think it didnt go thru..i,ll try again..

Panther_99FS
November 23rd, 2008, 10:40
I think it didnt go thru..i,ll try again..

They're up - my mistake yago, :redf:
There were a LOT of uploads today and your's was one of the first uploaded, therefore it actually got pushed off the "new releases" page

--> http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13050

max_thehitman
November 23rd, 2008, 15:03
Superb screenshots everyone. This one look like a real fun ride :ernae:

tigisfat
November 23rd, 2008, 17:17
Superb screenshots everyone. This one look like a real fun ride :ernae:
I don't know how I can express what a good package and 'must-own' this aircraft is to a potential buyer. You'll just have to trust me until you buy it that this is the greatest fighter or military aircraft ever made for MSFS.

Dag
November 23rd, 2008, 21:45
I'm real happy that you all like it, real happy:jump:

yago9
November 24th, 2008, 08:11
This one it,s now available in the download section.Since it was impossible to add a cockpit reflection over the inside glass , i,ve just added some dirt
or bugs stains to give the feel of some sort of material between inside and out..(until they fix that with a reworked MDL).Custom glass,helmet and visor included.