PDA

View Full Version : Attention Rotorheads - new Nemeth/Milviz Huey UH-1C and H available

Pages : [1] 2

Fireball6
August 19th, 2009, 03:48
New Huey UH-1c and H available from NemethDesigns and
Milviz in Cooperation. Have a look at the Nemeth Site or at Simmarket.com

Greetings :wavey: Dirk

stiz
August 19th, 2009, 03:58
well they kept that VERY quite!!!

http://secure.simmarket.com/nemeth-designsmilviz-bell-uh-1-huey.phtml

looks great :applause: :applause:

jeansy
August 19th, 2009, 04:13
bloody hell that was sneaky

downloading now 350mb looks good

MCDesigns
August 19th, 2009, 04:30
I have the beta of this and the VC is really well done. I really hope some of you that have been doing paints for the CERA 412 will do some civil 205 paints for the H model.

jeansy
August 19th, 2009, 04:32
I have the beta of this and the VC is really well done. I really hope some of you that have been doing paints for the CERA 412 will do some civil 205 paints for the H model.

mick

can you ask the guys up stairs if there will be a paint kit

MCDesigns
August 19th, 2009, 04:36
mick

can you ask the guys up stairs if there will be a paint kit

Didn't come with one? Sure thing, will pass it on.

Keep in mind, I noticed a few things that were not the usual Nemeth trademark and that is because it is a MilViz model, not that it is a bad thing, just an observation.

The C model is pretty cool IMO

Mithrin
August 19th, 2009, 04:49
How cool! Uhm Michael, how is that Vietnam scenery coming along?:engel016::ernae:

gajit
August 19th, 2009, 05:02
Getting it now :jump:

Snuffy
August 19th, 2009, 05:07
Oooh ... run through the jungle ... :ernae:

jeansy
August 19th, 2009, 05:10
sorry mick

it does come with paint kits , i found after the install

wasn't mention on the product page

MCDesigns
August 19th, 2009, 05:12
How cool! Uhm Michael, how is that Vietnam scenery coming along?:engel016::ernae:

I would love to say it's ready, but it's not yet.

try this for now at Flightsim.com

Name: viet1_01.zip Size: 5,716,925 Date: 07-02-2009 Downloads: 590
http://www.flightsim.com/o/VIET1_01.GIF FSX Scenery--Vietnam War Pack 1 v0.1. This is the first pack as freeware, of a Vietnam War 1968 project. This pack contains Cam Ranh Bay AFB, Pleiku AFB, Dak To 2 airfield and a fictive challenging airstrip, and few objects for FSX. Basic English and French documentation included. Basic AI aircraft and traffic for Pleiku. F4 library by Guy Diotte. By Xavier Carre.

jeansy
August 19th, 2009, 05:28
1st impressions not to bad

But the textures are some what off putting, i high alpha shine plus what appears to be weathering

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3309/2009819232333484.jpg

oh well, i guess theres going to be some painting

MCDesigns
August 19th, 2009, 05:40
I agree that is has too much shine for a Nam huey and told Peter about it. He said that they did the programming, systems and animations on it, basically getting it in FSX from the model state, so I assume the rest is all Milviz.

Either way, really nice to have a native huey :ernae:

jeansy
August 19th, 2009, 05:42
with out a doubt,

and other bonus, inside looks like a million dollars

dswo
August 19th, 2009, 05:45
Framerates?

krazycolin
August 19th, 2009, 05:58
I agree that is has too much shine for a Nam huey and told Peter about it. He said that they did the programming, systems and animations on it, basically getting it in FSX from the model state, so I assume the rest is all Milviz.

Glad you guys like it. Just as an FYI, we never do the FSX textures. Those are always done by the Dev's. However, it's an easy enough fix apparently. All you have to do is brighten up the diffuse alpha channel. That should do it.

Have fun!

kc.

falcon409
August 19th, 2009, 06:05
Man, that is a beauty and the inside is pretty much what I remember from Nam. I flew in one from Binh Thuy AB near Can Tho to Bien Hoa AB in 69' for supplies then back to Binh Thuy. Pretty awesome ride. As great as this looks and as much as I would love to have it, the price will lock me out. Still an awesome job, especially the VC and if the frame rates are decent, then it should be a keeper.:applause::applause:

krazycolin
August 19th, 2009, 06:08
Er... sorry... Seems that's not the way it was done. They actually made spec maps. That will be much easier...

sorry about the confusion.

kc

Roadburner440
August 19th, 2009, 06:15
Glad to see everyone is happy with the aircraft. It has been hard not to slip up and say something about it soon. So take to the skies and have fun. Can't wait to get my hands on the final release later. Stuck at work now though. :blind:

CBris
August 19th, 2009, 06:30
Bu66er!!!

I am having way too much fun with the 412 - and now this!!

There comes a time whe you have to pause. This one is obviously a "must have" coming from Nemeth as well, but to many things to do, so I'll have to wait a while before I attack this. Pity, but there you go.

gajit
August 19th, 2009, 06:33
Framerates?

Im going from 30+ in the Cera 412 to 10 -13 in this one which is a bit of a bleeping shame. Probably my stupid old PC.

Its a great looking product - or will be with some of the guys doing paints.

krazycolin
August 19th, 2009, 06:43
Though it's not said in the documentation or on their site, the textures are extremely high rez. Especially the outside ones. These may be "dumbed" down to fit slower boxes and it will still look nice. Hope this helps.

kc.

gajit
August 19th, 2009, 06:52
Though it's not said in the documentation or on their site, the textures are extremely high rez. Especially the outside ones. These may be "dumbed" down to fit slower boxes and it will still look nice. Hope this helps.

kc.

Many thanks Colin - Will try that.

Fireball6
August 19th, 2009, 06:53
Yes - absolut heavy on frames - but after resize the VC-Textures to 50 % it runs a bit smoother and the pit loads much faster :mixedsmi:

krazycolin
August 19th, 2009, 07:30
You may also lower the rez on the pit textures but be careful, this MIGHT have the effect of lowering your gauge and panel quality.

However, I believe we only have two textures like that. Anyway, it's worth a shot.

kc.

MCDesigns
August 19th, 2009, 07:33
Agree, the textures are a bit of a strain on resources, comparable to the AS blackhawk on my system.

Great fun to fly though and look forward to some civilian paints. :ernae:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3766/hueynam2.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1562/hueynam.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9679/hueynam3.jpg

Ian Warren
August 19th, 2009, 07:35
with out a doubt,

and other bonus, inside looks like a million dollars
Im with a grin , Matt , the 412 was little seen , but this WHOOPER KING :icon_lol: RAAF paints be cool , some RNZAF would keep this side of the Tassie happy :kilroy:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

gajit
August 19th, 2009, 08:38
I have tried to lower the res for the external paint work but still have stuttering frame rates. Would every texture file need to be reduced to make a difference?

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-9.jpg

gajit
August 19th, 2009, 09:01
Odd thing - just flew a dusk "mission" and frame rates are fantastic - any ideas?

MCDesigns
August 19th, 2009, 09:11
On my old rig, I always got better performance at dawn and dusk.

Odd thing is, on my old rig, with an ATI card, had no hit with rotor wash effects, on my new rig, with an Nvidia card, I get a big hit, sucks!

gajit
August 19th, 2009, 09:16
Has anyone got the interior lights to go on yet?

MCDesigns
August 19th, 2009, 09:27
In trying to see if I can help with gajit's stuttering, I had a look at the textures. Please don't take this as negative, just an observation and looking for some clarification. Since a big part of performance issues in FSX come from excessive draw calls (http://blogs.technet.com/torgo3000/archive/2007/06/01/performance-art.aspx), wouldn't it be better to have larger, less number of texture sheets? I would think a single high res texture with the full fuse on it would be more efficient than the 4 that come with the huey. It would also help on repainting.

MudMarine
August 19th, 2009, 09:27
Dang.......I have to wait until next week! I've been waiting a while for this one!! It only needs one thing.........MARINES on the side!:engel016:

gajit
August 19th, 2009, 10:26
Th-Th-Th-Th thanks MC.

CG_1976
August 19th, 2009, 10:30
I'll be off to pick the huey up. Had to promise the wife a Train Sim Addon to get the plastic.

krazycolin
August 19th, 2009, 10:37
There are 65K limits per material in FSX, so that is one reason for not going that route. We've had some serious issues with that on the P-38. it's got two 4Kx4K maps and it was stuttering a bit... got it working now but... it was hell...

Gajit, try turning off your shadowing in the aircraft under options tab. See if that fixes it.

Let me know.

thanks,

kc.

Roger
August 19th, 2009, 11:12
:applause:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/huey-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/huey-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/huey-3.jpg

Gdavis101
August 19th, 2009, 11:32
I don't think I can pass this one up!

Roger
August 19th, 2009, 11:48
We are going to need some lower res textures though. I'm getting the "spikey" artifacts and nothing else in my hangars does that now. Great model though and I'm sure that someone will come up with a solution. Maybe a batch file with imagetool that will convert a whole texture folder from 2048 DXT5 to 1024 DXT3?
I don't want to ajust any of my FsX settings as everything else works well (including the Aerosoft Foundair) with self shadowing and aircraft shadows etc.

krazycolin
August 19th, 2009, 12:05
I believe that you can use the Texture Max load editor (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=20181&highlight=texture+max+load+editor) to force FSX to load them as 1K's if need be. We will be talking with the Nemeth's tomorrow about putting out a set of lower rez textures for those that can't run it.

kc.

Fireball6
August 19th, 2009, 12:07
I resize all the Cockpit- and VC-Textures to 50 % and save them as dxt1. The bump`s are saved as dxt5(with alpha). Then i converted them to .dds. That let the cockpit load a lot faster and the stuttering is solved. I also extract all the mipmaps.

One thing i notice is that i can`t get the lights work properly. There are two
positions to switch - steady and flash - but mine are flashing at both - It looks
a litte like a "Disco-Chopper". The other thing is that the microfon is a little to high - or speak "Chopper-Jockeys" through their noses ?

Boomer
August 19th, 2009, 12:23
Just got it & I gotta say I like it allot! There is no significant performance hit for me.

I am looking forward to some of the paintjobs our talented painters come up with. Please dont forget civil paint jobs for the H model :engel016:

Fireball6
August 19th, 2009, 12:57
I must say that i am a little disappointed - in my opinion, it is like the Hawker Heroes Package - the UH-1C is very well done, the H-Model look like it need a bit of maintenance. As you can see below, there are "gaps" in the fuselage at the H-Model. In both models I notice that the upper nose-sektion is not textured if i zoom from inside to out (those section should be dark but it is grey) - the light-thing drive me crazy, could`nt get it to work like it should (Dejavue - Bo105?).

Hopefully it will be patched

krazycolin
August 19th, 2009, 13:37
What I would suggest is that you go to the Nemeth's forums and post your concerns there. That way, we will have a list of things that we can patch.

Fireball6
August 19th, 2009, 15:27
Hello krazycolin - yes, you are right, i should post that at the Nemeth`s Forum - so i will register myself there and post it. Found a few more "crazy things" - like a wiper which is going from outside through the glas to inside or a "dome-structure" which is coming into the cabinroof at the UH-1C.

Like I say above - for that price i am disappointed.

Roger
August 19th, 2009, 15:28
I've noticed that the models are huge compared say to Alphasim's Blackhawk (which was mentioned earlier), running at 50 odd meg for the Huey as against 10 megish for the Blackhawk. Could this be the reason for the hit?

JimC1702
August 19th, 2009, 17:01
Holy cow, they're server is S L O W. Downloading at 76 kb/s, it'll take all night.

Jim

tigisfat
August 19th, 2009, 18:47
This is sure to be a classic. How are the sounds? (the most important part of a huey)

JamesChams
August 19th, 2009, 19:06
This is the FIRST model that I can honestly say that the VC looks "loads better" than the exterior in appearence... Please, don't misunderstand me; I don't think its bad, just not anything special (exterior wise) and, therefore, disappointing. But, I couldn't get their TRIALWARE version of the VF-23 to install either; so, perhaps this one isn't for me also. I'll wait for Aerosoft's version instead; I hope no ones feelings were hurt! :kilroy: I already own 7 or so of ND's Helo's models...so, I'm already a repeat customer!

:running: Later!

glennc
August 19th, 2009, 19:35
Got it - I think it's fine. I landed it four times, crashed it once. There is a lot of hope here - with a little work I might even be able to land on a helipad. I don't have a serious problem with the exterior textures but I'm anticipating what our favorite repainters will do with it.

Glenn

JamesChams
August 19th, 2009, 20:04
Mr. Glenn,
Can you navigate with it using LORAN, VOR, NDB, or GPS?
(i.e. do the gauges actually do their jobs?)

N2056
August 19th, 2009, 20:11
This is the FIRST model that I can honestly say that the VC looks "loads better" than the exterior in appearence... Please, don't misunderstand me; I don't think its bad, just not anything special (exterior wise) and, therefore, disappointing. But, I couldn't get their TRIALWARE version of the VF-23 to install either; so, perhaps this one isn't for me also.

Uh...You have your vendors crossed. The YF-23 is Milviz/FSD. The Huey is Milviz/Nemith. Milviz models are being 'finished' by various groups. ;)

noddy
August 19th, 2009, 23:29
The sounds on this are great, but agree it is a bit frame rate happy.

jeansy
August 19th, 2009, 23:43
no wonder its frame rate hungry, hes got mip mapping in his dds textures

ive just finished a paint and can see a difference without mip mapping

if you can remove all mip mapping and that will speed things up

oh and i will post a screenie soon

jeansy
August 20th, 2009, 01:03
http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1250794673.jpg

krazycolin
August 20th, 2009, 03:22
This is the FIRST model that I can honestly say that the VC looks "loads better" than the exterior in appearence... Please, don't misunderstand me; I don't think its bad, just not anything special (exterior wise) and, therefore, disappointing. But, I couldn't get their TRIALWARE version of the VF-23 to install either; so, perhaps this one isn't for me also. I'll wait for Aerosoft's version instead; I hope no ones feelings were hurt! :kilroy: I already own 7 or so of ND's Helo's models...so, I'm already a repeat customer!

:running: Later!

James, did you ask support at FSD about the installer for the YF-23? They would have helped you I am sure. Most people have no issues and those that do, get them resolved pretty quickly.

As to the Huey, no one's feelings are hurt. Certainly not mine.

As to the comments about the mipmapping: yes, the Nemeth's put that in. It will more than likely be removed for any patch(es) that come out.

In terms of the electrical, lighting and other issues, I strongly suggest you post them up on their forums. They don't read these forums.

Thanks

kc.

MCDesigns
August 20th, 2009, 04:15
Nice work Matt, looking good!!!

for those that feel inclined to "politely" point out any perceived issues, here is their forum

http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=156

Fireball6
August 20th, 2009, 04:39
Hi MCDesigns - i have posted it there - also i mean that here at the outhouse a lot of people look, read and exchange their feelings and notices about a new helo. If it is payware, and that is - it must be allowed to say what is wrong in my opinion. With 29,74 € it is not at the bottom of the line and could done a little more accurate in modelling. But one more time - that is my personal opinion (and it looks like i am the only one with those perceived issues)

Dirk

Gibbage
August 20th, 2009, 04:46
Nobody is saying you CANT say whats wrong. Colin is only making sure the proper people know that there is a possible problem, so it can get fixed.

MCDesigns
August 20th, 2009, 05:47
Hi Dirk, no problems and I agree. I saw your post there and I just posted the link for those that were not aware of their forums. The reason I say "politely" is that a well thought out post will usually get better results than going there and just saying "it sucks".

I hope your issues with the model don't keep you from some of your great repaints! :monkies:

Fireball6
August 20th, 2009, 06:11
Hi MCDesigns - that is why i love this forum :icon_lol: Think i have to calm down a little bit (we have 37 Degrees Celsius at my location) and it is a feeling like in the Rainforrest. Paints are a lot in my head, but i will wait until they hopefully have solved that "modelling-issues". I saw Matt is on the work and must say that they look very good.
I think i am so disappointed because i like the normaly "High Standard" of the
Nemeth Brothers and Milviz and I am a big Huey-Fan.

Let us look what they will do for us customers ........

gajit
August 20th, 2009, 07:09
I have mentioned the low FPS impact in my comments at SimMarket - otherwise they are favourable.

krazycolin
August 20th, 2009, 07:34
I have mentioned the low FPS impact in my comments at SimMarket - otherwise they are favourable.

Hi Gajit... I've looked and I can't seem to find your post on the Nemeth's forums. Not that it matters as that will be the first one done on any patches. My concern is that I am afraid that someone will post other critical info in there. Would you please send me the url?

thanks

kc

d0mokun
August 20th, 2009, 07:45
http://secure.simmarket.com/nemeth-designsmilviz-bell-uh-1-huey-rp-3904.html

krazycolin
August 20th, 2009, 07:51
Thanks. Got it now.

kc

gajit
August 20th, 2009, 07:55
Thanks. Got it now.

kc

Cheers KC - if you can help influence them it would be good news :ernae:

MCDesigns
August 20th, 2009, 08:03
Cheers KC - if you can help influence them it would be good news :ernae:

Considering it's a Nemeth/ MilViz collaboration I'm sure both parties could do something to help optimize it further. :ernae:

krazycolin
August 20th, 2009, 08:13
You said it. I'm presently fixing the welds between the tail boom and the main fuselage on the H.

For the stutters... we'll remove the mipmaps and probably turn off the shadows on the rotors for when they are turning. This, hopefully, remove all the stutters.

We will be working closely with the Nemeth's to make sure that this doesn't happen with the Skycrane... and the others... (oops... did I say that?)

kc.

Roadburner440
August 20th, 2009, 08:37
Well at least it was you that let it slip Colin and not me. :engel016:

Boomer
August 20th, 2009, 09:07
We will be working closely with the Nemeth's to make sure that this doesn't happen with the Skycrane...

kc.

I was wondering where & when that model would materialize :ernae:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
August 20th, 2009, 09:14
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

bushpilot
August 20th, 2009, 09:47
This certainly looks cool:medals:. Does it come with the stereo system that plays "Ride of the Valkyries":icon_lol:?

krazycolin
August 20th, 2009, 12:38
Ok, it's official: we are now working on the patch for the Hueys. We will be fixing the stuttering, the gaps, the dome issue and anything else you put up on their forums in the next two days.

Please let everyone at Hovercontrol know this too. I can't post there as I have been waiting for my username acceptance for a month now with no results.

thanks,

kc.

Fireball6
August 20th, 2009, 12:50
Thats realy good news - thanks for posting them - looking full of expectation to the Patch :applause:

Dirk

MCDesigns
August 20th, 2009, 12:57
Great news, guess I'll have to log some more time in it (oh the torture, LOL)

I'm really liking the C model though :ernae:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7905/nam2.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1152/nam1.jpg

Boomer
August 20th, 2009, 13:00
Great news!

While your reworking it why dont you add some wire cutters & a cargo hook to the H model? :kilroy:

krazycolin
August 20th, 2009, 13:18
Thanks Michael. (for the post on hovercontrol...)

gajit
August 20th, 2009, 13:24
Great shots MC

BananaBob
August 20th, 2009, 13:33
How's the paintkit for this, multiple sheets? I'd like to do a photoreal paint for it when I can get it or at least give it a shot. :ernae:

Shylock
August 20th, 2009, 13:47
Great news, guess I'll have to log some more time in it (oh the torture, LOL)

I'm really liking the C model though :ernae:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7905/nam2.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1152/nam1.jpg

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Wow im loving this

JamesChams
August 20th, 2009, 14:11
James, did you ask support at FSD about the installer for the YF-23? They would have helped you I am sure. Most people have no issues and those that do, get them resolved pretty quickly.

As to the Huey, no one's feelings are hurt. Certainly not mine.

kc.Colin,

I already did and their response was ... that they had not seen that before, recommended I restart the OS and try again, and also suggested I send them a copy of my DXDiag spec.'s; which I fully intend to do shortly.

Needless to say, it doesn't work for me... so I :173go1: to the files into Vista's Recycling Bin. I could have kept trying but, I'm not really sure I want to for that model. Perhaps, your/MilViz's F-22 and/or the Cirrus Jet will be better. :wavey:

krazycolin
August 20th, 2009, 15:22
Well, good luck.

MudMarine
August 20th, 2009, 16:38
Colin,

I already did and their response was ... that they had not seen that before, recommended I restart the OS and try again, and also suggested I send them a copy of my DXDiag spec.'s; which I fully intend to do shortly.

Needless to say, it doesn't work for me... so I :173go1: to the files into Vista's Recycling Bin. I could have kept trying but, I'm not really sure I want to for that model. Perhaps, your/MilViz's F-22 and/or the Cirrus Jet will be better. :wavey:

If you find a solution please post it! I'm still trying to get my FSX F6F Hellcat to install on windows 7 and any ideas might help me figure it out. The solution ideas provided by FSD have had no effect.

krazycolin
August 20th, 2009, 17:01
I must say that i am a little disappointed - in my opinion, it is like the Hawker Heroes Package - the UH-1C is very well done, the H-Model look like it need a bit of maintenance. As you can see below, there are "gaps" in the fuselage at the H-Model. In both models I notice that the upper nose-sektion is not textured if i zoom from inside to out (those section should be dark but it is grey) - the light-thing drive me crazy, could`nt get it to work like it should (Dejavue - Bo105?).

Hopefully it will be patched

Please show me exactly where these gray areas are in the VC.

thanks.

kc

MudMarine
August 20th, 2009, 17:03
If you find a solution please post it! I'm still trying to get my FSX F6F Hellcat to install on windows 7 and any ideas might help me figure it out. The solution ideas provided by FSD have had no effect.

Update to MudMarines last post, by MudMarine........?:isadizzy: :icon_lol:

Anyhow I just got my F6F Hellcat installer to work!!:jump::applause: I was messing around with my firewall settings and virus protection and what ever I did worked! Now I'll just have to ingest it all and figure out what it was that I did.........?:isadizzy: I can't begin to say how happy I am, I sure did miss my kitty! It seems it was more user foul-up, cluelessness as usual!! Thank you everyone for the help and advice!!:applause:

krazycolin
August 20th, 2009, 17:07
That sir, is excellent news.

Rezabrya
August 20th, 2009, 17:28
I still cant get my Hellkitty to install and FSD support has not been helpful at all.

2Low
August 20th, 2009, 17:48
I still cant get my Hellkitty to install and FSD support has not been helpful at all.

I'm no computer genious but just going by Mudmarine's post I'd suggest unplugging the internet, turn off your anti-virus, firewall, anti-spy/addware, and give it a shot. Can't hurt and might work.

Edit- don't forget to turn all that back on before reconnecting to the net.

krazycolin
August 20th, 2009, 17:49
Rezabyra, are you using Windows 7?

Rezabrya
August 20th, 2009, 17:59
No I am using Vista 64 and it says the problem is that it is installed on another system which is prolly true. I was running Win7 but recently switched back to Vista 64. I emailed Tim at FSD and he said he reset the server but it didnt help at all. I just tried it in safe mode and no go. I think the problem is that my license needs to get reset or something.

krazycolin
August 20th, 2009, 18:12
You are well within your rights to complain but I suggest that you do it on the FSD site rather than here. Tim doesn't come here very often if at all.

As always, the best place for fixes of any problem(s) is at the source.

Just my two cents.

Back on track...

We're finishing up most of the fixes to get rid of the stutters that some people are experiencing (mipmapping, making the spec maps smaller and some poly reduction). We've also fixed the "gaps" (these were actually the doors "hanging" off like they do in the real world. They never fit properly but it was a complaint so we have fixed it. We've also reduced the reflectivity drastically.

The one thing left is that grey area. We can't seem to find it. Ideally we'd like to get this out before Sunday otherwise we will have to wait two weeks.

Let me know.

kc.

MCDesigns
August 20th, 2009, 18:38
Thanks for the update KC, much appreciated. Personally between the poly reductions and the lowering of the map size, hopefully she'll be smooth sailing then.

With this update and getting the Super Puma ready to roll, you guys and Peter and Tamas are some busy beavers, LOL.

BTW. curious, who did the paintkit for the Huey?

Gibbage
August 20th, 2009, 20:08
Again, Milviz works very hard to satisfy its customers. :wiggle:

:wavey:

noddy
August 20th, 2009, 23:19
Yes, many thanks for your work on this.

Fireball6
August 21st, 2009, 00:57
Hello Colin - here is a picture with those "unpainted" Aereas - hope it help. These shots are from the c-model, but at the h-model it is the same

KR Dirk

krazycolin
August 21st, 2009, 01:28
Ah.... those parts were removed for poly reduction, because you wouldn't see them unless you're standing up.

As to the paint kit, it was a combination of us, ND and the texture artist (Dmitriy Usatiy).

Fireball6
August 21st, 2009, 01:38
I can live with it as it is :icon_lol:

Dirk

krazycolin
August 21st, 2009, 01:50
I already fixed it mate. No worries...

Fireball6
August 21st, 2009, 02:01
Colin - i will not aggravate you - but did you see this structure at the roof of the H-modell ?

Dirk

krazycolin
August 21st, 2009, 02:04
Dirk, you are now on the beta team!

Fixed.

Fireball6
August 21st, 2009, 02:20
Oh, thank you - let me say that i am impressed by your support !

Dirk

krazycolin
August 21st, 2009, 02:24
Thank you. We aim to please.

kc

Gibbage
August 21st, 2009, 02:57
I can live with it as it is :icon_lol:

Dirk

Ya. Sort of a blessing and a curse of TIR ;)

krazycolin
August 21st, 2009, 11:21
As an FYI, we're also fixing the interior lighting and other stuff... All of the other modeling, texture and poly reduction as well. The patch will be out, barring any unforeseen happenstances, before the end of this weekend.

Thanks for your patience.

kc.

MCDesigns
August 21st, 2009, 11:24
:ernae::ernae:

Any chance you could add some hot chicks in BDUs in the back? LOL

Fireball6
August 21st, 2009, 11:27
Thank you very much Gents - great support :applause:

krazycolin
August 21st, 2009, 11:33
:ernae::ernae:

Any chance you could add some hot chicks in BDUs in the back? LOL

er... no. No chance at all mate. I think they're hot enough without the additional distractions neh?

I think you'll all be very happy with the patch. Very.

thanks,

kc

newcomer
August 22nd, 2009, 07:44
A nice German Search and Rescue repaint is up at flightsim ...

Boomer
August 22nd, 2009, 07:49
Interesting how this thread has died.

I assume its safe to say we are all holding our breath LOL

gajit
August 22nd, 2009, 08:08
I am - the frame rates are too poor for me to do anything with this otherwise good looking product.

krazycolin
August 22nd, 2009, 09:20
Guys, we are working on the patch as we speak. It will be released tomorrow or Monday barring any thing going majorly wrong. We've already tested the reduced version on a slower computer and it works way better than it did before. Physical fixes are done, mipmaps are removed, all spec maps have been reduced. You will still have to reduce the other textures yourself if you are still having issues as we don't really have time to do two versions before the Nemeth's go on holidays...

These things do take a bit of time, so please, bear with us on this. We're working on it.

Thanks for your patience...

kc.

yago9
August 22nd, 2009, 10:39
How's the paintkit for this, multiple sheets? I'd like to do a photoreal paint for it when I can get it or at least give it a shot. :ernae:
Do something about it Bob,the only thing that didn,t get me to open the wallet is the feel it,s covered with some cloth material, like velvet,not paint..i don,t know ..it looks wird..and it shouldn,t I have my hand on one..

krazycolin
August 22nd, 2009, 11:24
The paint kit is multiple sheets. There is no velvet anywhere. The whole "dirt" layer is not only adjustable, it can be removed entirely. There are separate spec maps so the "shine" is adjustable as well.

As in all things, some like it and some don't. We happen to like the paint job. It's just dirty enough and leaves room for more.

If anyone wishes it, we will give them access to the whole PSD set, so you have even more control. However, be warned, those files are massive.

:monkies:

kc

MCDesigns
August 22nd, 2009, 11:32
There definitely could have been more versatility with the paintkit. I "was" working on a civilian paint and tried to make it cleaner/newer looking. You turn off the dirt layer and you lose ALL the baked in shadows and details along with it.

Boomer
August 22nd, 2009, 11:37
I dont think we need the original PSD but I would like the paint kit to have separate layers for panel lines, dirt & shadows etc

krazycolin
August 22nd, 2009, 12:13
That can be arranged but it will have to be a separate download. I will look into getting that done as soon as I can.

kc.

Boomer
August 22nd, 2009, 13:41
Separate download is good :jump:

IMO it is in dire need of one. As an aside it will help with your sales. Community interest spurs sales & a plethora of paints will have that effect.

Found a cool site to give fellow painters some ammo

Vietnam Huey's (http://vietnam-hueys.tripod.com/)

MCDesigns
August 22nd, 2009, 14:01
Separate download is good :jump:

IMO it is in dire need of one. As an aside it will help with your sales. Community interest spurs sales & a plethora of paints will have that effect.

Found a cool site to give fellow painters some ammo

Vietnam Huey's (http://vietnam-hueys.tripod.com/)

Nice find Bob, I so need an Air America one

krazycolin
August 22nd, 2009, 18:20
I will put together the paint kit and it shall be posted as a sticky over at Milviz.com. I sure hope you painters don't mind big files...

kc.

jeansy
August 23rd, 2009, 03:57
thanks, looking forward to the patch, not to fussed about the paint kit, i will have to learn it all over again

MudMarine
August 23rd, 2009, 06:09
Could someone do a Marine Corps paint for this helo...............Please!?:engel016::wavey:

Cirrus N210MS
August 23rd, 2009, 09:13
how much is euro ? 24.99 in US Dollars :kilroy: i am thinking about geting this huey

Fireball6
August 24th, 2009, 04:38
Any news about the patch?

krazycolin
August 24th, 2009, 04:59
It will be out today. Available at the same place you bought it from. Merely download and install again.

For the paint kit, I am waiting to find out why I can't upload files greater than 10 megs to my FTP. Once that's done, they will be up as well.

kc.

Fireball6
August 24th, 2009, 05:15
Thanks colin :jump:

Fireball6
August 24th, 2009, 06:01
Thank you very much for all the improvments and your work and please don`t think i am crazy - but could you fix this "Wiper-goes-through-the-Window"-Thing also - it look so terrible at the otherwise wonderfull chopper.

Kindest Regards

Dirk

krazycolin
August 24th, 2009, 06:08
Sorry mate. The patch is already uploaded. We're just waiting for the files to be processed. We'lll get to it on the next one. I promise. That will be at least two weeks or more as one of the Nemeth's is now on holidays.

kc

Fireball6
August 24th, 2009, 06:16
Thanks for the Info - looking forward to it :mixedsmi:

Dirk

krazycolin
August 24th, 2009, 08:02
The patch is up. All you need to do is re-download and re-install and that should do it.

The paint kits have been uploaded here and, I'm sure, will be available soon.

Please let me know via PM if you have any questions or issues.

thanks for your patience.

kc.

Fireball6
August 24th, 2009, 08:06
Hello kc - pm is on the way - let me say it here again in public view - my first impressions of the reworked models are great - it is a big difference to the first
release and i am very happy now :ernae::ernae::applause::applause:
Thanks to all involved people - Great Customer-Support :jump:

Dirk

Roger
August 24th, 2009, 09:03
So the simmarket download is now the updated version?

Scenium
August 24th, 2009, 09:04
Thanks for the patch Colin, very nice support! Looking forward to whatever You and the Nemeth Team comes up with in the future!

*whoop* *whoop* *whoop*:applause:

Thorbjörn

JT8D-9A
August 24th, 2009, 09:36
So the simmarket download is now the updated version?
Yes, i think so. I just bought it and the FPS are good.

Looks fantastic and i'm very glad to have a native FSX Huey :jump::applause:
I hope there will be many repaints, especially photoreal repaints.
Many thanks to Milviz and ND!

Roger
August 24th, 2009, 10:40
Thanks Nils. I wonder what it is makes my rotor look like it's 4 bladed when your screenshots are clearly 2 bladed?

krazycolin
August 24th, 2009, 10:50
Yes. All store purchase are now the corrected version. We will be doing another patch once the Nemeth's are back so, please, send me your issues via PM.

thanks,

kc

JT8D-9A
August 24th, 2009, 11:00
Thanks Nils. I wonder what it is makes my rotor look like it's 4 bladed when your screenshots are clearly 2 bladed?

4 bladed Huey? It only sounds a little bit like that (so far, the sound is the only thing i would criticise... but it's a great package!).

Maybe you loaded the Cera Bell?

krazycolin
August 24th, 2009, 11:06
The sound is an actual Huey so don't be knocking it as recorded by Adriano Martoni. It's not really going to get better than that. :ernae:

Roger
August 24th, 2009, 12:01
4 bladed Huey? It only sounds a little bit like that (so far, the sound is the only thing i would criticise... but it's a great package!).

Maybe you loaded the Cera Bell?

I'm happy with the sound but When I view any of the variations in full screen I see a 4 bladed rotor. If I take a screenshot, using the "V" key I see a 2 bladed rotor. Also if I run FsX in "Windowed" mode I see a 2 bladed rotor. I wonder if there's anything I can do to see just a 2 bladed prop in full screen?

Scenium
August 24th, 2009, 12:18
Yes. All store purchase are now the corrected version. We will be doing another patch once the Nemeth's are back so, please, send me your issues via PM.

thanks,

kc

Well, I have an issue. I like it too much. Am I nut's if I switch back an forth between the Huey and Super Puma every 5 minutes? :icon_lol:

Thorbjörn

Boomer
August 24th, 2009, 12:25
Roger, I am not one to pry but... How many pints have you had before this problem manifests itself?:173go1: :icon_lol:

Roger
August 24th, 2009, 12:39
Roger, I am not one to pry but... How many pints have you had before this problem manifests itself?:173go1: :icon_lol:

Naw...it's those darned mushrooms again:mixedsmi:

If no one else sees this then there's something weird with my set-up.

Gibbage
August 24th, 2009, 12:44
Problem: Identified

noddy
August 24th, 2009, 12:46
Problem: Identified

:mixedsmi:

JT8D-9A
August 24th, 2009, 12:46
Roger, check this video @2:04: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQPPMcUZSEU

Regarding the sound: i think the characteristic noises of the Huey should be more intense.

MCDesigns
August 24th, 2009, 13:01

I was looking for good video example, you beat me to it. In looking at that and some other images on airliners.net, does anyone else think the main blades are too wide?

krazycolin
August 24th, 2009, 13:06
I'm happy with the sound but When I view any of the variations in full screen I see a 4 bladed rotor. If I take a screenshot, using the "V" key I see a 2 bladed rotor. Also if I run FsX in "Windowed" mode I see a 2 bladed rotor. I wonder if there's anything I can do to see just a 2 bladed prop in full screen?

Roger... I wish I knew what was going on but, quite honestly, I don't. It might well be that part of your installation of the Huey is bad.

I would post this issue on the Nemeth's board. They might be able to help you.

sorry.

kc.

Glad you guys like it. And I am very glad that the FPS issues are gone.

krazycolin
August 24th, 2009, 13:11

Regarding the sound: i think the characteristic noises of the Huey should be more intense.

How can it be more intense when it's the real thing? It might be possible to make it louder... raise the volume...

Concerning the blades... well.. they are as wide as the Huey's we had access too, so I'm guessing they're right... at least for that one.

flewpastu
August 24th, 2009, 15:11
Roger is right about the blades, It seems to be with how high your FPS is, On my system above 28 fps it looks like a 4 rotor blurr, When I set to to 19 fps it looks like a 2 rotor blurr, Is that about right Roger or are we talking about something else.

Bill

MCDesigns
August 24th, 2009, 15:44
Roger is right about the blades, It seems to be with how high your FPS is, On my system above 28 fps it looks like a 4 rotor blurr, When I set to to 19 fps it looks like a 2 rotor blurr, Is that about right Roger or are we talking about something else.

Bill

I have found that to be the case with most helicopters in FSX. I remember talking to Michael Davies about this on the KA-50, since it has 2 sets of rotors, I hated the animation on my old rig. Turned out that I had my frames locked at 24 and they were choppy, yet when I bumped it up over 30, I got smooth animation (when not over dense scenery).

I'm happy with the huey animation, only thing bugging me was how pronounced the blades were, so I lightened the main rotor textures and I am happy again.

michael davies
August 24th, 2009, 15:58
MC, your quite right, the sim FPS lock adjusts the rotor speed on helos, you used to be able to do this in the cfg with the following line in the cfg

prop_anim_ratio=-1.03

This no longer has any effect in FSx at all, it now seems the FPS lock does the same thing, very bizzare, I've found 30FPs to be the best one to simulate rotors in FSx....if your rig can handle it, there may be other settings that help, I think 28 was another good one and I think there was one where rotors even stopped moving.

If I recall correctly, I dont think it was the actual FPS when you were flying, just the lock value, unless you left it at unlimited and it dropped down where the rotors would again play up, yet locking to 30 and letting FPS drop below that was ok ?, bit of an odd effect really, I've not used helos for a good few months so I'm a bit rusty on the actual figures, I'd have to dig my notes out after I get back from hols.

Best

Michael

I have found that to be the case with most helicopters in FSX. I remember talking to Michael Davies about this on the KA-50, since it has 2 sets of rotors, I hated the animation on my old rig. Turned out that I had my frames locked at 24 and they were choppy, yet when I bumped it up over 30, I got smooth animation (when not over dense scenery).

I'm happy with the huey animation, only thing bugging me was how pronounced the blades were, so I lightened the main rotor textures and I am happy again.

tigisfat
August 24th, 2009, 16:43
Has someone made a video of themselves using this yet? I'd like to see it, that's where I get my best review information. I searched youtube, and didn't find anything.

flewpastu
August 24th, 2009, 17:13
Michael, is there anyway that you could PM me or post the revised rotor that you mentioned, I feel the same way about the rotor as you do. If you can great if not I understand.

Bill

Gibbage
August 24th, 2009, 17:26
Has someone made a video of themselves using this yet? I'd like to see it, that's where I get my best review information. I searched youtube, and didn't find anything.

I may do a quick one like my P-38 review. Im not good with the prop being above my head though.

flewpastu
August 24th, 2009, 17:32
As far as frame lock goes different helo animation work with different FPS, Aerosoft seahawk works good at 21 FPS but the Nemeth CH53 work best at 19, the huey works best at 25 fps and above but if I lock it to 19 or 20 I get the 2 rotor blurr verses the 4 rotor Blurr at higher FPS, does this make any sense ?

Bill

Gibbage
August 24th, 2009, 19:23
FYI. I took the Huey for a spin (for the 1st time) and I was getting very good frame rates even at 1920x1280 with FSAA. It was a lot of fun, but my attempt to land inside Dodgers stadium resulted in an epic fail. I guess they arnt made for that...

krazycolin
August 24th, 2009, 21:04
while in the air and moving forward.... press the smoke key....

Roger
August 25th, 2009, 04:49

Bill

That seems to be it Bill. Shame about the loss of the prop anim ratio; that came in useful a few times.

Roger
August 25th, 2009, 04:50
FYI. I took the Huey for a spin (for the 1st time) and I was getting very good frame rates even at 1920x1280 with FSAA. It was a lot of fun, but my attempt to land inside Dodgers stadium resulted in an epic fail. I guess they arnt made for that...

I managed to set it down in Manchester United's ground. Sir Alex was not pleased to see me!

Boomer
August 25th, 2009, 07:01
I few the new version some last night.

Very nice!

One little niggle I noticed for your next patch. The radar altimeter reads 75' low.

2Low
August 25th, 2009, 07:08
:bump:

while in the air and moving forward.... press the smoke key....

I don't have this heli as I'm broke right now but curiousity has got me. Has anyone tried this yet? What's it do?

JimC1702
August 25th, 2009, 07:34
Any of our talented painters working on a Medevac version?

And if you haven't already seen it, watch the movie "We Were Soldiers".

Jim

JT8D-9A
August 25th, 2009, 08:44
How can it be more intense when it's the real thing? It might be possible to make it louder... raise the volume...

Concerning the blades... well.. they are as wide as the Huey's we had access too, so I'm guessing they're right... at least for that one.
Maybe your real Huey has had a cold ;) Raising the volume didn't help, but maybe it's only a matter of taste, since i'm the only one who isn't really happy with the sound.

I think the blades are displayed correctly. That's why i posted the video, but maybe i'm wrong. I guess there will be always some limitations.

A few minor things i noticed:
- there are no tool tips in the VC
- it would be great if the GPS in the VC would work - or am i doing something wrong?
- the wipers don't work.
- i'm not able to tune a ADF frequency, but this could be my fault.

It's a little bit sad that not many things are functional in the VC.
Anyways, it's a great fun package and i'm glad that i bought it. Thanks again for your work!:ernae:

Roger
August 25th, 2009, 09:15
Up at Flightsim.com by Chuck Bosn.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/huey-4.jpg

calypsos
August 25th, 2009, 09:40
Does the patch work at improving the FR's?

Why everyone rushed stuff out this past weekend is beyond me, almost everything has faults that should have picked up in beta.

Does nobody test things now, possibly because a load of testers means a load of lost sales!! I am holding fire on at least two purchases until I am happy with the feedback here!

JimC1702
August 25th, 2009, 09:52
Thanks Roger!

Jim

krazycolin
August 25th, 2009, 09:59
The patch does improve framerates across the board. Go back a couple of pages and you will read that.

On the subject of sound, it's very subjective and across 5 different boards, you are the only one who makes any comment in the negative about it. It really is from an actual Huey... so... we wouldn't have anything to fix anyway... Sorry.

Concerning the non-functional stuff in the VC, please post that stuff at the Nemeth's forum. As stated before, here and elsewhere, all we can do is help with the actual model and paint job. We don't do code.

That said, I think that the only items that aren't functional in the VC are the wipers and the GPS.

There is a thread on the ADF on the Nemeth's page. Check there.

We're glad you like it.

thanks,

kc

Fireball6
August 25th, 2009, 11:49
I love this chopper - it handle`s so well and it is great fun to fly - if you have trouble with framerates or stutters - try to resize all "Inside"-Textures to 50%.
I did so and it run smooth, the VC load without stutters and it looks realy good.
Once again - Milviz - great Improvements :applause: to the visual model and also thanks to Peter and Tamas for the reworked lights - :applause:

OHHHHH - forget Jeansy - fine "Paintart" !!!!!!!!! :ernae: (Hope you did a few more for her)

JT8D-9A
August 25th, 2009, 12:03
The patch does improve framerates across the board. Go back a couple of pages and you will read that.

On the subject of sound, it's very subjective and across 5 different boards, you are the only one who makes any comment in the negative about it. It really is from an actual Huey... so... we wouldn't have anything to fix anyway... Sorry.

Concerning the non-functional stuff in the VC, please post that stuff at the Nemeth's forum. As stated before, here and elsewhere, all we can do is help with the actual model and paint job. We don't do code.

That said, I think that the only items that aren't functional in the VC are the wipers and the GPS.

There is a thread on the ADF on the Nemeth's page. Check there.

We're glad you like it.

thanks,

kc
Thanks Colin! You and Milviz did a great job and i really like the Models.
There are a lot switches in the VC which are clickable, but which don't provide any functionality, so it seems that your Huey could do a lot more than it does at the moment.
Could you please point me to the ADF-thread?
I'm not able to change the numbers with the mouse wheel and i have the same problem with the transponder.
Thanks in advance!

krazycolin
August 25th, 2009, 12:26
http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=77311&sid=d26a5bbe8baf22c846a82966010647df

I'm sorry about the clickable but non-functional stuff. Not my purview. However, I will ask about that when they're back...

Thanks much for the compliments. We do love to hear them. I thank my team for their hard work on this one... Oleg and Dmitriy... great work!
kc.

krazycolin
August 25th, 2009, 12:42
The revised, and, it must be said, less user friendly but far more capable, paint kit for the UH-1C Huey is now here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=14701

thanks,

I'm guessing the UH-1H paint kit is coming soon... :)

NOTE: YOU MUST USE CS3 OR ABOVE TO USE THIS PAINT KIT.

kc

MCDesigns
August 25th, 2009, 12:51
The revised, and, it must be said, less user friendly but far more capable, paint kit for the UH-1C Huey is now here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=14701

thanks,

I'm guessing the UH-1H paint kit is coming soon... :)

kc

They are both up and thanks for this, makes a big difference. If a painter has any experience working with layers, then there isn't anything un-friendly about it. I just get the impression that whoever put it together didn't foresee users wanting to do non military repaints, LOL.

I've already asked Peter about it, but since you guys did the model work, a MDL for civilian (205) models would be great at a later date.

krazycolin
August 25th, 2009, 12:58
Hey Michael,

We would have to change the pit quite a bit and redo the textures to be able to accommodate that. But it's possible... However, we do have lots of choppers (and others) already coming soon... Skycrane being the number one for the Nemeth's and Milviz.

kc

calypsos
August 25th, 2009, 13:30
Thanks for the info, as far as GPS in concerned, I think it is a bit before the time of most of these models! Mk.1 eyeball is pretty much it!

flewpastu
August 28th, 2009, 15:51
Heres is the shockwave placement for the Huey.

light.5= 5, 11.10, -0.10, -1.50, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_22 ,

The collective stow switch is backwards, if you switch it to stow the light assembly will come out the light will come on if you switch it to on but the assembly will stay up.See pics.

Bill

Quicksand
August 29th, 2009, 06:30
Anybody been painting these birds? I figured by now, there'd be a bunch of repaints..

Boomer
August 29th, 2009, 07:00
Anybody been painting these birds? I figured by now, there'd be a bunch of repaints..

I was thinking the same thing :) I have been working on a paint of my own but I am not as fast or prolific as most of our guys.

Quicksand
August 29th, 2009, 07:32
I think BananaBob is having computer trouble...:kilroy:

VCN-1
August 29th, 2009, 09:27
Here are some images of 57th Medical Detachment.

I have an acquaintance who has this bird and is trying to get me to bite the bullet and buy it. Right now I am fence straddler. I just can't decide.

VCN-1

Quicksand
August 29th, 2009, 09:55
That is a good-looking paint, VCN-1. As far as these Hueys are concerned, there are still some small things that need to be fixed in a patch, but I have been flying the rotors off of them since I got them..

VCN-1
August 29th, 2009, 11:01
101st Airborne.

VCN-1

JT8D-9A
August 29th, 2009, 11:40
VCN-1, your repaints look great:applause: Please upload them.

Thanks for the info, as far as GPS in concerned, I think it is a bit before the time of most of these models! Mk.1 eyeball is pretty much it!
Removing the GPS from the VC would be great and i guess it would be easier instead of trying to make it work :icon_lol:

VCN-1
August 29th, 2009, 12:06
VCN-1, your repaints look great:applause: Please upload them.

Those are not my repaints. I don't have the Huey. The images were sent to me by an acquaintance who is trying to get me to make the purchase. I was straddling the fence but I am leaning towards getting it after the patch come out.

VCN-1

glennc
August 29th, 2009, 13:42
I took the opportunity a while back to ride the Collings Huey. It has a GNS430 on the center console. I have a third party unit I'd like to put in this Huey if the config will allow it. I guess it gets back to the question of whether a simpilot is flying a "ventage" airplane in its own time, or a currently flying version.

Glenn

MudMarine
August 29th, 2009, 19:52
Still waiting for that Marine Corps paint!:engel016:

Quicksand
August 29th, 2009, 21:36
Second that Mud! As many miles as I logged riding in Hueys to/between/from one AO to another, this Huey is Heaven. I've been quiet so far for the most part about this bird, but for me and my buddies from my grunt days... "When you're out of Hueys, you're out of helicopters." The sound of those rotors meant either we were getting water/rations/ammo/mail/reinforcements/visitors, or that we were going someplace quick. I'm loving the chance to fly one as well as go back to a time when I was literally "eighteen and bulletproof." :medals::icon29::guinness::applause:Bring on the repaints, because I've literally bulldozed my hangar to make room. Airborne! As a footnote, I participated as a "wind dummy", along with my squad, in the testing of the Blackhawk, and our first ride, at Fort Gordon, GA, resulted in an auto-rotation that I will never forget! While the UH-60 has grown to gain an outstanding reputation, at that time we were upset that our "taxi" was not a UH-1. The sound alone will still take me back in time as nothing else will. Thanks Nemeth and MilVis for these models, and the trigger for these mostly fond memories.:medals: :medals:

krazycolin
August 30th, 2009, 03:18
Second that Mud! As many miles as I logged riding in Hueys to/between/from one AO to another, this Huey is Heaven. I've been quiet so far for the most part about this bird, but for me and my buddies from my grunt days... "When you're out of Hueys, you're out of helicopters." The sound of those rotors meant either we were getting water/rations/ammo/mail/reinforcements/visitors, or that we were going someplace quick. I'm loving the chance to fly one as well as go back to a time when I was literally "eighteen and bulletproof." :medals::icon29::guinness::applause:Bring on the repaints, because I've literally bulldozed my hangar to make room. Airborne! As a footnote, I participated as a "wind dummy", along with my squad, in the testing of the Blackhawk, and our first ride, at Fort Gordon, GA, resulted in an auto-rotation that I will never forget! While the UH-60 has grown to gain an outstanding reputation, at that time we were upset that our "taxi" was not a UH-1. The sound alone will still take me back in time as nothing else will. Thanks Nemeth and MilVis for these models, and the trigger for these mostly fond memories.:medals: :medals:

Of all the compliments we've received, this one is the best.

Thanks for that, and, of course, you're very welcome.

kc

krazycolin
August 30th, 2009, 08:47
Ok, so, we're making a new list for a patch that will come out in the next two weeks or so.

So, if you have any fixes that you would like, paid for the product and have an account here, at SOH or at Milviz, please feel free to post your issue(s) and i will catalogue them and see about getting them fixed/implemented.

thanks,

kc

VCN-1
August 30th, 2009, 09:08
Still waiting for that Marine Corps paint!:engel016:

Does this count? I think this one represents VMO-6.

Again I did not do this.

I broke down and bought the Huey.

VCN-1

VCN-1
August 30th, 2009, 10:45
We Were Soldiers Once...and Young

A Troop, 229th Aviation Battalion.
Major Bruce "Snake" Crandall, MOH

VCN-1

MudMarine
August 30th, 2009, 11:00
Does this count? I think this one represents VMO-6.

Again I did not do this.

I broke down and bought the Huey.

VCN-1

That counts!! Where?

MudMarine
August 30th, 2009, 11:02

I spent a few hours hanging out of Huey's also. The UH1 and CH53 brings back LOTS of memories!

Quicksand
August 30th, 2009, 11:39
KC, my only issues are the blurry textures on the panel views in the VC of the H model. It would be cool to see some feed chutes for the door guns, but that's not really important. The only other thing I've noticed, and it may be a gauge conflict on my end, is that sometimes I can't get the pilots' doors to stay open when I click them in the VC... Also as was mentioned before the stow switch for the landing light is animated in reverse.. Stow actually deploys the light. Loving these birds.. Mud, my word association response for the word helicopter is Huey, so the love goes pretty deep. VCN-1, I hope we see those paints uploaded somewhere soon. They look outstanding...

krazycolin
August 30th, 2009, 12:19
We actually had the feed chutes in the first release. We removed them due to their being quite large in terms of poly counts. However, it may be possible to add them back.

The light will be fixed.

Blurry textures? Can you show me a pic please?

kc

Boomer
August 30th, 2009, 13:18
The radar altimeter reads 75' low. The rest I believe have been mentioned here.

Quicksand
August 30th, 2009, 13:22
KC, lemme fire up the sim and get you a pic...

Quicksand
August 30th, 2009, 13:45
Okay, KC.. The first three shots are the console views of the H, and the last three are the same views in the C..as seen on my rig.

krazycolin
August 30th, 2009, 15:04
hmmm.. Can you take a pic of the door on the H please? As well, is this the newest release? The one with the patch implemented?

Quicksand
August 30th, 2009, 15:21
KC, the door issue is probably on my end. They function normally until I fly.. After that, I can open them by clicking on them in the VC, but they very quickly close on their own. I've seen this in my sim before, though, so it might be a conflict of some sort on my machine.. My installer reads version 2.0.0.24, size 348mb.

krazycolin
August 30th, 2009, 15:32
I would have to agree with you on that one. No one else is reporting blurry textures of that sort.

kc

JT8D-9A
August 31st, 2009, 07:28
-Tool Tips
-ADF and Transponder
-Landing light switch
-Wipers
-GPS removed or a working GPS

Thanks for your work!

IanP
August 31st, 2009, 07:33
KC, the door issue is probably on my end. They function normally until I fly.. After that, I can open them by clicking on them in the VC, but they very quickly close on their own. I've seen this in my sim before, though, so it might be a conflict of some sort on my machine.. My installer reads version 2.0.0.24, size 348mb.

You're not landing on a fuel bay parking spot are you? There's a very well known bug in FSX that causes the door animations not to work around fuel squares - they open when asked, then instantly snap shut again.

Try moving to the other side of the airfield and seeing whether they work there.

Ian P.

Mâra Trilokadev
August 31st, 2009, 08:10
On the subject of sticky doors...

I've noticed the Shift+E commands open the right side bay door only and the pilot doors don't open or close at all. I can, though, open both sliding doors by clicking the handles - it is just the Shift+E (+2, +3, etc) commands that don't seem to work.

I should note these commands don't seem to work regardless of the aircraft's position either in-flight or on the ground.

Cheers,
MT

gajit
August 31st, 2009, 08:28
Typical Nemeth that is!

JT8D-9A
August 31st, 2009, 08:30
A few things are only working if the switches in the VC are used (e.g. doors, lights, fuel main switch).

I attached an image of something which looks strange.

Quicksand
August 31st, 2009, 09:41
Thanks for the tip, Ian. I guess I was, because as we know the military air fields with no assigned parking put you on the fuel cell. I did not know about this bug... I'll try it later and report back. JT8D-9A, the textures in your screenshot look like the fuzzy ones I reported earlier in this thread. Is that shot of the H model, by chance?

JT8D-9A
August 31st, 2009, 09:52
Yes, it was of the H model. Now i have attached one of the C model and there really is a difference.

Quicksand
August 31st, 2009, 09:54
I thought there was, but had not heard anyone else say for sure. At least I'm not the only one... Thanks for verifying that for me.:icon29:

krazycolin
August 31st, 2009, 13:00
I've not seen this issue anywhere else. However, I will see what i can do. It's added to the fix list.

We'll add the doors as well.

thanks,

kc.

JT8D-9A
September 1st, 2009, 10:46
Many thanks to Jeansy for his great repaints @Aussiex.org :applause:

BTW, is there already somewhere a sharkmouth repaint of the 174th AHC? Thanks in advance!

doublecool
September 1st, 2009, 13:48
Beautiful Paint and Screen Shots :ernae:

I always think of the H model with the Huey

But I'm Very glade they did and included the C model...Thank you:wavey:
funny I've been flying the C model more then the H

Some Civilian Paints would look Brilliant on the C Model

No Guns Of course...

gajit
September 1st, 2009, 13:55
Well done Jeansy :ernae:

MCDesigns
September 1st, 2009, 14:20
Well done Jeansy :ernae:

Agreed!

Nice shots Nils, I also want to thank Matt for his painting recently.

Even though the paintkit is a bit awkward, I hope we get some more paints for her!

I have more time in the new huey than any other aircraft in my hanger, love the VC texturing.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5407/hueyc.jpg

RCAF_Gunner
September 1st, 2009, 16:55
We Were Soldiers Once...and Young

A Troop, 229th Aviation Battalion.
Major Bruce "Snake" Crandall, MOH

VCN-1

Hi,

Is that paint scheme available for download?

While searching for the paint scheme (unsuccessfully), I found a web site about Major Crandall that others might be intersted in:

http://www.xav8er.com/

Cheers,
Rick

VCN-1
September 1st, 2009, 17:29
Hi,

Is that paint scheme available for download?

While searching for the paint scheme (unsuccessfully), I found a web site about Major Crandall that others might be intersted in:

http://www.xav8er.com/

Cheers,
Rick

Rick

Check this link.

http://www.throttleback.net/index.php?topic=1177.0

VCN-1

krazycolin
September 1st, 2009, 17:54
Without meaning to sound like I'm complaining, I am wondering why this thread is no longer a stickie...

kc.

MCDesigns
September 1st, 2009, 18:29
Without meaning to sound like I'm complaining, I am wondering why this thread is no longer a stickie...

kc.

Simply because I try to limit the amount of stickies (there are 10 at the moment) and I go by last response on a topic. This one just happened to have the most days without a response when other new releases popped up.

Gibbage
September 1st, 2009, 19:43
Ya. It took a few days for the skinners to start bumping it. Just a roll of the dice. Now it seems like the skinners are starting to pump out some nice work!

RCAF_Gunner
September 1st, 2009, 22:28
Rick

Check this link.

VCN-1

Many thanks!

doublecool
September 2nd, 2009, 01:23
In the update is there anyway to get a clean model (without outer gun)

Guns on her are great and great looking

the clean model is just an option...

C model would be a great civilian bushhelo :applause:

Thanks again for the "HUEY" for FX

calypsos
September 2nd, 2009, 01:31
In the update is there anyway to get a clean model (without outer gun)

Unless you are flying in a full on war zone, guns are seldom fitted to any military helicopter. If required, they have to be collected from the armory and fitted by the crewman as part of the pre-flight. The GPMG on my avatar was fitted for an exercise, even in N.I. the weapons were not fitted (at least not during my time) but we crewmen carried SMGs and the pilots small side-arms.

Having them as an option (via a menu or load set-up) would be a very good idea.

Shylock
September 2nd, 2009, 02:33
This beautiful bird is a FPS HOG for me sadly. Too bad we cant get a mass multi-player flight with these birds. Now now that would be a sight to see. Maybe throw on some Vagner.....

krazycolin
September 2nd, 2009, 04:02
The patched version is not an FPS hog in anyway. Have you downloaded the patch yet?

krazycolin
September 2nd, 2009, 06:26
The following is the complete (so far as I know, hit/fix list for the Hueys). Let me know ASAP if we've missed anything.

Thanks,

no guns on C and H for a civvy version
throttle is backwards
Light stowage switch backwards ("on" stows the light)
Get rid of GPS
Make radio tuning areas bigger
small gaps still on H lower
Wipers interpenetrating on C
radio altimeter is 75 feet low
wipers don't work
ADF
Transponder
check radio panel for normal glitch
lower alpha shine on C
co-pilot attitude gauge

MudMarine
September 2nd, 2009, 08:12
Why get rid of the GPS? Just don't use it if you don't like it!!

PS Patch? Where is it?

krazycolin
September 2nd, 2009, 08:23
You can get the patched version from the same place you bought it. the file has been replaced and so should be the new one. It should be called ver 2.00 or something similar.

We're getting rid of the GPS because it's not working and some people are complaining that it's not Vietnam era.

thanks

kc

MudMarine
September 2nd, 2009, 08:26
That's ok, I'll just replace the GPS myself. Can't tell if Simmarket has the updated version it doesn't say 2.2 or anything indicating a patch.........?

krazycolin
September 2nd, 2009, 08:42
The one at simmarket has been updated.

kc.

JT8D-9A
September 2nd, 2009, 08:48
The GPS is modeled in the VC.
The version i downloaded from Simmarket, isn't showing the issues which have been reported at the beginning of this thread, so i guess it's the updated version...

Where can i get Russel's great looking repaints?
And here (http://www.174ahc.org/) is a very interesting page about the 174th AHC :wavey:

A few more things for the patch list:
-Pitot tube is missing
-Turn Indicator should be different, see here (http://www.huey.co.uk/images/servicebook/Instrument%20Panel%20and%20Locator%203-3.jpg).
-The scale of the Tachometer is wrong, see here (http://www.huey.co.uk/images/servicebook/Instrument%20markings%204-3.jpg).

Thanks again for your work! :icon29:

VCN-1
September 2nd, 2009, 09:20

Check this link.

VCN-1

JT8D-9A
September 2nd, 2009, 10:07
Check this link.

VCN-1
Ah, thanks! I have to email him.

Regarding the Pitot tube.. never mind! :icon_lol:
Maybe you could add a M5 to the UH-1C?

krazycolin
September 2nd, 2009, 11:58
The GPS is modeled in the VC.
The version i downloaded from Simmarket, isn't showing the issues which have been reported at the beginning of this thread, so i guess it's the updated version...

And here (http://www.174ahc.org/) is a very interesting page about the 174th AHC :wavey:

A few more things for the patch list:
-Pitot tube is missing
-Turn Indicator should be different, see here (http://www.huey.co.uk/images/servicebook/Instrument%20Panel%20and%20Locator%203-3.jpg).
-The scale of the Tachometer is wrong, see here (http://www.huey.co.uk/images/servicebook/Instrument%20markings%204-3.jpg).

Thanks again for your work! :icon29:

pitot tube? got a pic for that please...

thanks,

kc.

JT8D-9A
September 2nd, 2009, 13:08
pitot tube? got a pic for that please...

thanks,

kc.
I thought it should be on the nose (http://www.huey.co.uk/images/servicebook/Instrument%20and%20Piping%20Installation%203-7.jpg), but that's my fault, so please forget it.

Many thanks to Russel for his great repaints!:icon29::gameon:

krazycolin
September 2nd, 2009, 13:30
Ah, thanks! I have to email him.

Regarding the Pitot tube.. never mind! :icon_lol:
Maybe you could add a M5 to the UH-1C?

M5? Wazzat?

gajit
September 2nd, 2009, 14:14
Hi - are you planning on keeping the unarmed version (did they call it a Slick?) as I was thinking of doing some civil paints very soon?

Shylock
September 2nd, 2009, 15:01
When I first got it it was real bad on the FPS. When I went back and did the re-download its a little better but I still get a freeze effect every few seconds. I go from locked at 20 and jump down to 8. That was flying over desert with all my sceney sliders set all the way down. I tried some other choppers and stayed locked at 20 which is what I have them set at and had my scenery turned up. Still a great bird to fly. Sounds sweet to.

MCDesigns
September 2nd, 2009, 15:28
When I first got it it was real bad on the FPS. When I went back and did the re-download its a little better but I still get a freeze effect every few seconds. I go from locked at 20 and jump down to 8. That was flying over desert with all my sceney sliders set all the way down. I tried some other choppers and stayed locked at 20 which is what I have them set at and had my scenery turned up. Still a great bird to fly. Sounds sweet to.

It's still a bit heavy on the frames no doubt, but very flyable on my new rig. Considering the combined MDLs are at 50 MB and one texture folder is 140+ MB, I'm surprised it does as well as it does. I loaded it up on my old rig to compare, good thing I upgraded as it was a slide show.

One of the things I REALLY miss since it is a Nemeth release also are crew members, both in the back and in the VC. I talked to Peter before it was released and he said he was going to work on some for this, but I really don't think there is enough performance overhead to justify the extra detail and have it still be flyable on mid/lower end systems. Still, she's seeing lots of airtime on my PC since the huey is my fav.

gajit, let me know how you do with the civil paints as I have been having troubles with lining up lines and such, want to see if it is just me, LOL.

Dain Arns
September 2nd, 2009, 16:13
krazycolin,

I re-downloaded the entire file again this afternoon from where I purchased it from PC Aviator, hoping to get the latest release. This end up being a 2+ hour process even with broadband due to their slow transfer rates. After the lengthy download, it is still the original file, version 1. There is no option for patches available from them.

Is there any chance Milviz or the Nemeths could start posting the patches for the UH-1 instead? It would really be most appreciated. Thanks. :wavey:

Mâra Trilokadev
September 2nd, 2009, 17:07
The following is the complete (so far as I know, hit/fix list for the Hueys). Let me know ASAP if we've missed anything.

Thanks,

throttle is backwards
Get rid of GPS
wipers don't work
ADF
Transponder
lower alpha shine on C
co-pilot attitude gauge

The doors issue from a page or two back? Also, do you know if the FlightSim Store version has been updated? My blood-caffeine level is admittedly low but I sure didn't see any kind of version info. Thanks! Happy Flying, MT

RCAF_Gunner
September 2nd, 2009, 17:09
Over on the Nemeth forums I also asked about adding the Cntrl+E+2/3/4 options to operate the other doors. Since it's not on your list I thought I'd mention it here too.

PenceE replied that he was looking into opening all the doors with a single key operation but hopefully that's not what he meant. It would be great to be able to open / close the doors (especially the rear doors) while in the exterior view using the std key combos rather then having to jump back to the VC and click on the doors themselves.

Thanks,
Rick

Thanks,

throttle is backwards
Get rid of GPS
wipers don't work
ADF
Transponder
lower alpha shine on C
co-pilot attitude gauge

RCAF_Gunner
September 2nd, 2009, 17:19
How do you tell if you have the updated version? I picked up my copy through PC Aviator USA. The installer's exe created date is August 25, 2009 but the various MDL files are dated August 21 or August 22, 2009.

Thanks,
Rick

You can get the patched version from the same place you bought it. the file has been replaced and so should be the new one. It should be called ver 2.00 or something similar.

We're getting rid of the GPS because it's not working and some people are complaining that it's not Vietnam era.

thanks

kc

RCAF_Gunner
September 2nd, 2009, 17:58
Sorry KC, one more if I may... should have added this to my first reply.

Would it be possible to add the Cntrl+F2 / F3 key combos to roll the throttle off / on like the stock Jet Ranger?

Thanks again,
Rick

Over on the Nemeth forums I also asked about adding the Cntrl+E+2/3/4 options to operate the other doors. Since it's not on your list I thought I'd mention it here too.

PenceE replied that he was looking into opening all the doors with a single key operation but hopefully that's not what he meant. It would be great to be able to open / close the doors (especially the rear doors) while in the exterior view using the std key combos rather then having to jump back to the VC and click on the doors themselves.

Thanks,
Rick

JimC1702
September 2nd, 2009, 18:31
krazycolin,

I re-downloaded the entire file again this afternoon from where I purchased it from PC Aviator, hoping to get the latest release. This end up being a 2+ hour process even with broadband due to their slow transfer rates. After the lengthy download, it is still the original file, version 1. There is no option for patches available from them.

Is there any chance Milviz or the Nemeths could start posting the patches for the UH-1 instead? It would really be most appreciated. Thanks. :wavey:

Boy, you are so right. SimMarket is S L O W too. And then with 5 minutes to go, the download froze on me. GRrrrrr!

Jim

waka172rg
September 2nd, 2009, 18:51
Hay Jimc1702 Yes iv had this 3 time's 2 on the first update and 1 on this new one not going to update this time :(
Really good idea RCAF Gunner :applause::engel016:

gajit
September 3rd, 2009, 00:37
Just started on this one..
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-28.jpg

JT8D-9A
September 3rd, 2009, 09:36
Looks very good, gajit :applause:

M5? Wazzat?
http://176thahc.org/unitpics/obrant20.jpg
:kilroy:

Roadburner440
September 3rd, 2009, 13:01
Looks like a lot of these repaints are coming along nicely. For those who have anymore questions/comments please be sure to post them on our forums at http://www.milviz.com/forum/index.php?sid=5b6d31f77f392a62f225c39b9832b0a4 . We have opened up some new forums that will enable people to better get in contact with us. Thanks for all the feedback and inputs and we hope to see you on our boards!

gajit
September 3rd, 2009, 13:52
A bit further on it.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-29.jpg

RCAF_Gunner
September 3rd, 2009, 15:25
Looking forward to the CAF SAR scheme Gajit; it looks really sharp.

Cheers,
Rick

gajit
September 3rd, 2009, 22:53
Thanks Rick - trying to understand how to make it shine a bit - too matt at the moment.

tigisfat
September 3rd, 2009, 23:32
I don't see what all the drama's about. I visited a friend who bought this product, and it looked like a gorgeous and smooth running release. He has a fairly modest computer and FPS was great. The sounds are engaging, and the spin-up/spool-down is cool too, but I wish when starting and shutting off the sounds were synced better to the rotors, like the stock EH-101. The rotors start and stop abruptly. That's the only thing I would change, but even then no other choppers feature very good startup/shutdown. Huey fans should be happy, because another long-awaited release of late really let people down, and they complained less. :kilroy::icon_lol: