PDA

View Full Version : Touchy Brakes............

luckydog
August 18th, 2009, 22:31

OBIO
August 18th, 2009, 22:58
I did that exact same thing last night while landing the Vickers Armstrong Wellesley. Came in a might hot, got on the brakes a bit too hard too soon, and up on the nose she went. The sim did not register it as a crash, so I was stuck there with my tail in the air and engine running.

OBIO

Lionheart
August 19th, 2009, 00:47
OUCH!

Oh man.. You can see the passenger already holding his arms up as the ground is about to come up and say hello. arrgh.. The pilot is probably already thinking about how he is either going to sell it as a wreck, or all the things he will need to repair before it flies again..

Grim..

Shattered prop blade scooting along on the ground below on the left...

arrgh..

d0mokun
August 19th, 2009, 02:20
I don't think it was a case of touchy brakes- more a nose gear failure:
http://www.aaib.dft.gov.uk/cms_resources/Vans%20RV-7A,%20G-CDRM%2010-07.pdf

Dan.

JoeW
August 19th, 2009, 02:55
"When brakes are applied ..... up elevator is needed.." Cinfusius say.

Snuffy
August 19th, 2009, 02:58
Actually I'd say by the blur in the photo that this puppy hasn't finished his tumbling as yet ... :monkies:

jmig
August 19th, 2009, 03:18
Is that Van 7 or 9?

Shame!

I agree with Snuffy. The photo reminds me of the old Road Runner cartoons when Wiley Coyote stopped and looked at the ground just before falling in the Grand Canyon

lifejogger
August 19th, 2009, 04:49
I don't think it was a case of touchy brakes- more a nose gear failure:
http://www.aaib.dft.gov.uk/cms_resources/Vans%20RV-7A,%20G-CDRM%2010-07.pdf

Dan.

I agree with Dan, unless this was a tail dragger then a plane with a noise wheel would not noise over when you apply the breaks to hard.

Brian_Gladden
August 19th, 2009, 15:05
It's defiantly a nose dragger (tricycle gear). if it were a tail dragger, you would be able to see the main gear in the shot as they are even with the leading edge on a Vans RV.

Makes me think, nosewheel collapse.

Brian