PDA

View Full Version : HTAI AI Cessna Package

Naki
August 18th, 2009, 21:01
I bought the HTAI Cessna package sometime ago for FS9 ..finally tried to put it into FSX the other day from the self installer but the aircraft don't appear and my default traffic has also disapeared.

I know its made for FS9 but does anybody know how to make it work in FSX and get default AI back as well? I am aware that some have got it working in FSX.

Tried Googling and the HTAI support forum (which is dead)..but no luck other than such vague suggestions that some tweaking is needed , but not sure what?

Pity the Piper package didnt get released...

Naki
August 18th, 2009, 21:16
Nevermind found my answer at Orbx..if anybody else wants to know..and quoting Holger from Orbx:

"* copy all folders in [FS9]\Aircraft starting with "HTAI" into [FSX]\SimObjects\Airplanes

* copy Traffic_HTAI_CSEP.bgl from [FS9]\Scenery\World\scenery into [FSX]\Scenery\World\scenery

The flightplan bgl file is in FS9-format, which will deactivate all your FSX-format flightplans, including default. Thus, you need to convert Traffic_HTAI_CSEP.bgl into FSX format using AIFPC - http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4746 (http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4746) - or alternative tools.

Also, for me at least, the prop discs showed up as all black, so I made my own that I've attached below; you'll need to replace each instance of prop-hs.bmp in the airplane texture subfolders. The one I made is for a two-blade prop so you may want to add a different one for the three-blade variants.

Finally, you want to assign the appropriate sound files to each aircaft type. To do that create an empty "soundai" folder in each aircraft folder then copy the soundai.cfg file from the [FSX]\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172_LFH\soundai folder. For the bigger Cessnas replace the "C172" in the cfg file with "C208B" (use Wordpad or Notepad for that

there also are five "fx_ga_*" .fx files in [FS9]\Effects that you should copy into [FSX]\Effects."

MCDesigns
August 19th, 2009, 04:40
Thanks for the info, I had these when I first installed FSX, but because of the way the LODs were done, I had black aircraft until I got closer to them, you get this at all?

Railrunner130
August 19th, 2009, 12:53
Any idea of what happed to Henry Tomkiewicz? He seemed to drop off the face of the earth.

MCDesigns
August 19th, 2009, 13:11
Reading thru his forum, it seems he had a hard time with the changes FSX brought and hung it up. Shame, I loved his FS9 models.