PDA

View Full Version : Martin P6M Seamater.

3/7charlie
August 18th, 2009, 15:19
More boat stuff for us P-boat drivers.
On the way to upload. I'll post the link when it comes up. Probably in the morning. Some repaints for Frank Eltons P6M.

wilycoyote4
August 18th, 2009, 21:18
:applause: I've been using this as a portover for a long time. BTW, a forum member here did some panel work for it and was present long ago when it came out of the factory if I recall correctly.

3/7charlie
August 18th, 2009, 21:54
Wily,
This ones been one of my favorites since it came out. A simple model, but loads of fun. Runs in all the FS's very well. Do you know where the post on the panel is?

wilycoyote4
August 18th, 2009, 22:29
Wily,
This ones been one of my favorites since it came out. A simple model, but loads of fun. Runs in all the FS's very well. Do you know where the post on the panel is?
Not a post, a private message then emails, his 1st name is Bob, I'm now searching for the files, he may read this.

Railrunner130
August 19th, 2009, 02:28
Cool! Many thanks!

:ernae:

hey_moe
August 19th, 2009, 02:38
Nice looking....does it come with a panel and do ya have a link yet....Mike

3/7charlie
August 19th, 2009, 06:47
Hey Moe!
The P6M 5 pack is online here-
p6mseamaster.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=138128)
No panel in VC. Its static. I found that a Concorde panel looks pretty good. 60's steam gauges and all. A Concorde sound file works about right for it. 4 big turbojets.
If I was more skilled at this stuff, I'd likely figure a way out to do something with the VC, but I'm not there yet. (Probably never figure that one out. To me, a computer's just a box with sparks comming out. The sparks keep me warm.) But its still a hoot.
I have a long wish list of 'boats and seaplanes I'd love to see, that I'mjust not skillfull enough to pull off, and have them not look like
they're refugee's from FS4.
A new Sunderland. FSX Seadart. a Tradewind, both R3Y and P5Y. a Seagull. a Seahawk. A Shetland.A BE-6,10, 12, Let alone all the design study stuff. sigh.
the list could go on and on.
Any way. I'll content my self with doing more half-assed repaints. Next group of Marlins is in the fish cooler. USCG,and NATO.
I'd rather upload here, but The system won't let me. So if you want'em for the SOH site, let me know, and I'll make up a dedicated
package for the OutHouse.

N332DW
August 19th, 2009, 08:14
I still have the source file Frank Elton let me use for the FSX upgrade i did - but sadly that was back then when i still used the FS9 SDK

now that sometime has passed and i have developed a few more skills,
perhaps i should put the old girl back in the project pipeline for a native, darkside make-over and a DVC. At least that way you could swap in your own DVC if you wanted.

i still have several projects in the pipeline to complete and normally work on things where the muse takes me

curious, whats the interest in sumpin like that?

-Bruce

3/7charlie
August 19th, 2009, 10:13

Are you kidding. One expects that there would be HUGE interest in a new P6M. The DL numbers on the FS9 and FSX port are huge, and she is such a hot 'boat.Even my crap repaints are doing big numbers in a few hours, and the FS world is short on modern, and indeed, any P-boats. With a VC?
I'd say HOOOOOAAHHHH! BRAVO ZULU! With Jims seaplane bases we have some where to fly from.(Iwakuni?) Bomb door and beaching cradle ?
By the way,Bruce, I'm a big fan of your work. Love all the space junk, and the Talon is just too much fun. Many thanks!
cheers.

djscoo
August 19th, 2009, 10:39
I still have the source file Frank Elton let me use for the FSX upgrade i did - but sadly that was back then when i still used the FS9 SDK

now that sometime has passed and i have developed a few more skills,
perhaps i should put the old girl back in the project pipeline for a native, darkside make-over and a DVC. At least that way you could swap in your own DVC if you wanted.

i still have several projects in the pipeline to complete and normally work on things where the muse takes me

-Bruce
Very interested here!

wilycoyote4
August 19th, 2009, 14:11
I'm FSX Accel so I changed the glass bmp to make it transparent, although it is 1MB now. I changed the wake effects, also, just a personal choice, and made the thumbnails 256 x 128 at about 6 kb. Love it, and it is unique in the sim world.
:ernae: Thanks, paints working very well.

3/7charlie
August 19th, 2009, 20:17
Glad you're enjoying. The screens look awsome. Hopefully the next 'pooter I get will really be able to utilize FSX to its full potental.