PDA

View Full Version : Farve a Viking

TomSteber
August 18th, 2009, 13:47
I mean Favre a Viking.

AAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This really sucks for Packer fans.

Typhoon Willy
August 18th, 2009, 14:07
And I thought it was weird to see him in a Jets uniform.

Panther_99FS
August 18th, 2009, 16:09
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9848912/Favre-has-deal-with-Vikings,-in-pads-at-practice

Allen
August 18th, 2009, 16:56
I mean Favre a Viking.

AAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This really sucks for Packer fans.

I'm sure that Packer D-line will put him back into retirement.

Kiwikat
August 18th, 2009, 17:26
I'm sure that Packer D-line will put him back into retirement.

With any luck. It is like the ultimate slap in the face to Packer fans...

He's gonna get it lol. :blind:

Panther_99FS
August 18th, 2009, 17:39
It is like the ultimate slap in the face to Packer fans...

Why?
It appears to me that Packer management effectively forced Favre out with how they favored Aaron Rodgers

Snuffy
August 18th, 2009, 18:00
This is getting old and tiring ....

Favre retired 4 years ago ... he should have lived up to his word ... :kilroy:

Kiwikat
August 18th, 2009, 18:03
Why?
It appears to me that Packer management effectively forced Favre out with how they favored Aaron Rodgers

Favre has created a huge legacy in GB. Since the Vikings are our arch rivals (and hated even more by packer fans than even the bears, IMO), it is like he joined the enemy. There will certainly be a lot of mixed responses when he walks onto lambeau field with a Vike's helmet on.

Though I think it is good that he's playing if he truly wants to. Football players have such short careers on average, so it is nice that he can keep playing and enjoy the game (and 12 million dollar contract...). There's no doubt the Vikings organization will make that much money just in #4 jersey sales alone. :icon_lol:

I can hardly imagine 1200 dollars right now, let alone 12 million. :isadizzy:

TARPSBird
August 18th, 2009, 20:49
It should be, shall we say, interesting when he plays in Green Bay. Brett better make good friends with all his linemen, those sacks can really hurt.

Allen
August 18th, 2009, 21:23
Why?

Why. Becouse Favre was told by GB IF HE RETIRES HE WOULD BE REPLACED by Rodgers. Favre retired and GB moved on but Favre could not.

As Kiwikat said "It is like the ultimate slap in the face to Packer fans..."

Favre is a marked man in GB and he better know it.

Bomber_12th
August 18th, 2009, 22:33
I really can't believe how much of a 'big' thing the local news is making this out to be - one reporter I saw before turning off the TV tonight was describing all of Favre's actions today, down to the exact time he boarded his plane this morning! I personally couldn't care less, but it is amazing to me how much the media has been playing this up all day. The merchandisers are probably kicking it into high gear, getting as many Vikings-Favre jerseys in their stores as possible - at least one already has them in stock!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
It sure has created an awkward situation for the Viking's other two QB's, now fighting for a backup position instead of a starting position. I thought Rosenfels did great this past weekend. People close to me are betting on how many games Favre, the 'old guy', plays before an injury sidelines him, though I'm hoping for the sake of the franchise, that he will make the decision to hire him, a good one.

Naismith
August 18th, 2009, 23:23
Anyone notice how his name os constantly mispronounced. The V comes before the R people. He even does it himself.

stansdds
August 19th, 2009, 02:07
This is getting old and tiring ....

Favre retired 4 years ago ... he should have lived up to his word ... :kilroy:
Yep. :ernae:

Panther_99FS
August 19th, 2009, 03:13
Why. Becouse Favre was told by GB IF HE RETIRES HE WOULD BE REPLACED by Rodgers.

You forgot to mention the internal politics against Favre that occurred before this....

Allen
August 19th, 2009, 10:03
You forgot to mention the internal politics against Favre that occurred before this....

There may have been some in GB that wanted him to retire. To leave the NFL before he got hurt or started to go down hill as a QB. Basically leave before he looks like a fool for staying to long.

There is no way in hell that Favre was forced out in GB. All he had to do was tell the news cameras that he was staying in GB and no fans would let him be replaced.