PDA

View Full Version : Strange happenings with Concorde AI

guzler
August 18th, 2009, 12:38
Wonder if anyone can help...

I added a concorde AI to my UT2 traffic. Seen plenty looking glorious at Heathrow, then went to my newly added Aerosoft Mallorca where I was going to expect a few (sorry purists, I know they never operated to Mallorca !!!). Anyway, they are there alright, but only the shado shows up !

What has happened ? I have conorde lights, shadows and AI labels but no aeroplanes yet they showed at Heathrow ??????

Bjoern
August 18th, 2009, 13:02
1) Is Heathrow default scenery?

2) Mallorca is for both FSX and FS9, right?

If both cases are true...congratulations, you've just encountered a serious drawback of SP2/Acc.

AI models made for FS9 don't properly show up in custom sceneries (though I'm not sure if it only applies to "port over" sceneries or native FSX sceneries as well).

Solution:
Turn off aicraft ground shadows in the display menu.

You might need a while to get used to this but once you're over it you won't even miss the shadows.

guzler
August 20th, 2009, 13:45
Yes, default Heathrow, Mallorca is FSX only installation although they do the FS9 version too.

I haven't got acceleration, and have lots of fs9 AI stuff already working at airports like the UK2000 sceneries, so this is new to me. I'd rather live without concorde than shadows :icon_lol:

Bjoern
August 20th, 2009, 18:13
You might not have Acceleration but SP2 instead...right?

The shadow thing was a bit tough for me as well, but AI was more important to me than some fugly black spots on the ground. :icon_lol:

guzler
August 21st, 2009, 10:45
LOL, What other AI have you had problems with ? Had FSX for a few years and only just come accross this problem. Have Kai Tek & St Marten by fly tampa both populated with fs9 ai as well as UT2 stuff, Corsica by France VFR and others, all run without issue. Might try to disable the shadows though, see how it looks....he says with a twitch !!!