PDA

View Full Version : Get ready...Hurricane Mssions on the way...

gera
August 18th, 2009, 09:05
If you have Hi Fi´s "Active Sky" you will be able to fly new Missions comming up design for "Hurricane Hunters". I plan a series to hunt for
"suspicious areas" and well developed Hurricanes.......get yourself a Hurricane Hunter aircraft also and be ready for some unusual Missions with thrills, bad weather, high winds and very dangerous landings at hurricane areas. I will use real situations as indicated by NOA stations.........have a nice hefty and scary flight!!!!!!:kilroy::kilroy:

JSkorna
August 18th, 2009, 18:51
Hi,

Very cool! Make sure you don't distribute the actual weather files. You can include the times and dates of the weather you used.

Wombat_VC
August 18th, 2009, 21:32
What characteristics make good hurricane hunters? Multi-engined? Jet? Jet-prop? Long range?

CG_1976
August 18th, 2009, 21:37
Possible hunters P-3 Orions, C-130's. Most hunters are 4 engine Medium to long range depending on Hurricane track and Catagory. Gera I have the NC-130 USCG on Stand by hunting Bill.

icycle
August 19th, 2009, 05:40
This sounds very interesting.

I've got my CS WC-130J ready to depart Keesler AFB! I have the NOAA P-3 on standby, and even thinking of looking for an old NOAA DC-6A that they used to use in the 1970's (just to get my retro fix).

Wow, I don't know if I'd want to take the NC-130 into a hurricane!! That radome is one heck of a "sail". Me-thinks I'd end up upside-down!! :icon_lol:

Anyway, looks like a challenge.

Bill

gera
August 19th, 2009, 09:17
hi guys.....nice to see the interest!!!!! tested a mission last night and it needs some tuning but hope to have it ready before "Hurricane Bill" disipates. Check here for some of NOA´s aircraft as well as activities.

http://www.aoc.noaa.gov/aircraft_g4.htm

icycle if you find a NOA DC6A please let me know, would love to have that aircraft if available.