PDA

View Full Version : Ju86..

bretnutz
August 18th, 2009, 08:38
Hi all,

I has been looking for a Good....Ju86...

I have a couple of Ju86 but there CFS or MS98...but not that good.

I have seen pictures of the Ju86 with Hungarian,Romanian and SCW colors.

the one of Ju86 is in Swiss Colors...If I knew how to Re-Paint it I would.

What programs is need to Repaint Planes???

I'll have to do some research as to the other Countries that had this plane.

Maybe have a single mission of a...lets say a Hungarian Ju86 in a mission at to sink a British cargo ship trying to insert British agents into Greece.

Maybe a Romanian Ju86 pressed into service to Bomb the Russian advance around Stallingrad....when the Russians attacked the Romanian Flank.

Just a thought.

bretnutz

The_Editor
August 18th, 2009, 09:21
Icarus had a payware version in early WW2 and SCW repaints.

They don't seem to list it on their website, anymore.

http://www.icarusgold.com/FS/news.php

Rami
August 18th, 2009, 09:38
Try this: http://www.icarusgold.com/Luftwaffe.htm

oldwheat
August 18th, 2009, 20:36
I started repainting that vintage (Swiss) Ju 86 in condor legion colors but got side-tracked. I should finish it up I guess.

Blondi
August 19th, 2009, 03:24
I started repainting that vintage (Swiss) Ju 86 in condor legion colors but got side-tracked. I should finish it up I guess.

The Germans used the Ju-86 as a transport to bring supplys into Stalingrad. I have seen a picture of one in German camo on the ground inside Stalingrad. No dought it was used by the Germans in other utility roles.Maybe a German version could be usfull.

BLONDI:cost1:

oldwheat
August 19th, 2009, 09:12
The model in question has the diesel inline engines (also inaccurate for Swiss :icon_lol:) . I believe that most or all Ju 86's used operationally in WW1 had the BMW radials.

thicko
August 19th, 2009, 14:39
The Ju-86 I did for Icarus was very old and crude. It was a early diesel engined version. I did get a start on the Ju-86P reconnaissance version, for AI use, in the late Spring. But Summer and another project got in the way, for now. This version was used in all European zones by the Germans. I hope to finish it in the coming months.
Cheers Thicko

Blondi
August 23rd, 2009, 04:14
The Ju-86 I did for Icarus was very old and crude. It was a early diesel engined version. I did get a start on the Ju-86P reconnaissance version, for AI use, in the late Spring. But Summer and another project got in the way, for now. This version was used in all European zones by the Germans. I hope to finish it in the coming months.
Cheers Thicko

Great! I am looking forward to it.

BLONDI:cost1:

Jaxon
August 24th, 2009, 08:19
Well, I always wanted to have the Hs 126 and bought it on Sunday afternoon.

So far I have only heard, I bought and paid it (paypal). But no DL link yet.

Is this normal? Up to 8h responding time (normally 30min) as promised is all long over...

Jaxon
August 25th, 2009, 08:35
Ok, an update: The support there worked and I received the links yesterday.

Now I am fiddling with another problem: I wanted to buy the Do 23 offered, but when clicking the "buy now" button, a Ju 287 was added to the list??

I did not notice it before (on the bill) and now think it is a wrong link, as it happens always when choosing that Do23.

I hope, Icarus can help me in this case as well!

BTW: The Hs 126 and the Ju86 are both SCASM models and can be shined.
I also spent the glass a more natural colour.

Both are older models, of course. Esp. when seeing the Ju 86 model, I am a bit dissapointed for a payware aircraft. It has some strange issues whith the visual model. It seems to me, the inner fuselage was built wider, than the outside model, what looks like this (See attachment). What I dislike also is the bad fitting of the textures, combined with wild guesses of (=wrong) markings.
Also textured parts from the scan appear, while the part is already done in 3D (Struts of gear and fin)

(Note: Screenies made of shined models, but it also appeared before I put my hands on them)

BTW2: These were the first virtual flights in CFS2 for me after nearly 6 months!