PDA

View Full Version : Quick combat

Fibber
October 22nd, 2008, 06:52
Does anyone recall the lines that must be inserted into the Quick Combat file to enable you to go only against enemy forces? As of now when I do "quick combat" in Korea I get Allied forces, intermingled with Soviet forces, as the opposition when I fly the F86!
Is there a guide out there that I can read to fix this, besides ABSquads?

Here is what I have in [strings];
[strings]
"SovietFightersOption"=Soviet Fighters
"AlliedFightersOption"=Allied Fighters
"FightersOption"=All Fighters
"BombersOption"=All Bombers
"FighterBomberOption"=Fighter/Bomber mix
"NoneOption"=None
"AlliedOption"=Allied
"SovietOption"=Soviet

Allied =US and Allied forces
Soviet=Russian, PALAF(Chinese), and NKAF

This was addressed before the forums crash and subsequently I lost the file on MY computer with my own game crash.:banghead:

Any help appreciated.

bearcat241
October 22nd, 2008, 10:45
Fibber, your format looks a little too complicated. This is an example of my basic, beginning Korea/Modern [strings] setup... before adding anything beyond the stockers:

[strings]
"CommunistFightersOption"=Communist Fighters
"AlliedFightersOption"=Allied Fighters
"FightersOption"=All Fighters
"BombersOption"=All Bombers
"FighterBomberOption"=Fighter/Bomber mix
"NoneOption"=None
"USOption" = US
"CommunistOption" = Communist
"B24D_LiberatorOption" = B24D_Liberator
"B25D_MitchellOption" = B25D_Mitchell
"C47_DakotaOption" = C47_Dakota
"F4F4_WildcatOption" = F4F4_Wildcat
"F4U1A_CorsairOption" = F4U1A_Corsair
"F6F3_HellcatOption" = F6F3_Hellcat
"P38F_LightningOption" = P38F_Lightning
"P39D_AiracobraOption" = P39D_Airacobra
"SBD2_DauntlessOption" = SBD2_Dauntless
"TBF_AvengerOption" = TBF_Avenger

"B24D_LiberatorName"= B24D Liberator
"B25D_MitchellName"= B25D Mitchell
"C47_DakotaName"= C47 Skytrain
"F4F4_WildcatName"= F4F4 Wildcat
"F4U1A_CorsairName"= F4U1A Corsair
"F6F3_HellcatName"= F6F3 Hellcat
"P38F_LightningName"= P38F Lightning
"P39D_AiracobraName"= P39D Airacobra
"SBD2_DauntlessName"= SBD2 Dauntless
"TBF_AvengerName"= TBF1 Avenger

All Japanese fighters were removed (i could have gone further with the US aircraft too) and the aircraft and options strings were renumbered prior to modifying the [strings] text in bold print.

Below is a copy of this basic mod. Use it to renew your setup, then use the Jonesoft program in the pdf file attached. The pdf is actually a zip. Remove the '.pdf' extention, unzip the program into a temp location and run it. After installing, don't forget to make your Korea install the default CFS2 folder in the setup configuration from the top toobar. Everytime you edit the QC of a different install with this tool, you have to change the default folder to redirect the program.

Fibber
October 22nd, 2008, 12:54
Thanks for the comeback.
In re-reading my own post I realized that the two lines of Allied= and Soviet=
look like they are included in my strings. They are not, that was pure bad writing on my part. I had intended to show what I was delineating as Allied and Soviet forces. That should have had a clarifying statement in front of it. Three slaps on the open palm with a wooden ruler for that! ( extra if I flinch!)

Without those two stupid lines mine looks like yours ( I think) and I get Blue on Blue every time!

bearcat241
October 22nd, 2008, 15:02
When you install a new communist a/c, don't give it the "FightersOption"=All Fighters category. Just give it "SovietFightersOption"=Soviet Fighters and "SovietOption"=Soviet only, unless it is a fighter bomber too. Then you can assign the Fighter/Bomber cat as well. Apparently you're making mistakes somewhere in the category assignments that lead to blue and red getting lumped together.

Fibber
October 22nd, 2008, 18:08
Bear,
for some unforseen reason I have been recieving Blue on Blue since re-installing this theater.
Before that I was having a grand old time and all was as it should be!
Now I am fighting my own planes!

Before the problem I was using the utility you posted .

Never could figure out " out of bounds -1"