PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate A-10C

empeck
August 17th, 2009, 10:05
No, not for FSX.

Eagle Dynamics (guys behind Flanker, LockOn and DCS series) has released first screenshots of their upcoming title, DCS: Warthog. It is going to be one of the most hardcore combat flight simulation ever.

More screenshots here:

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_425a.html

I can't wait to try this Avenger gun :tgun2:

Warrant
August 17th, 2009, 10:28
Wow, wonder if we are looking at a joint Flight/JTAC (or FAC if you will) sim.

I wide variety of weapons with ground talk on or target designation, and airborne target designation.

In other words.... a hell of a Close Air Support sim:jump::jump::jump:

MCDesigns
August 17th, 2009, 10:29
Wow, looks sweet. Just got Black Shark and the learning curve is killing me (literally!!), LOL

wilycoyote4
August 17th, 2009, 11:00
Thanks for the HU. :icon29:

empeck
August 17th, 2009, 11:11
A-10A is my favourite plane in LockOn. This is going to be far more advanced.

@MCDesigns - I love Black Shark, I can't say I'm great pilot, but I can fly, land, hover, and shoot. It's pure fun, together with FSX it's my favourite simulator.

Bone
August 17th, 2009, 11:14
Hopefully this is just the first of many fixed wing a/c for the DCS series.

Boomer
August 17th, 2009, 11:28
Sweet!

I got Black Shark a few weeks ago & cant put it down. If this is even close to as good as it is, it will be a winner for sure!

Mithrin
August 17th, 2009, 11:33
Yup, this is the one I'm waiting for. If I want to get back into a hardcore flightsim then the A10 is going to be the perfect seductress.

Bone
August 17th, 2009, 11:38
Yup, this is the one I'm waiting for. If I want to get back into a hardcore flightsim then the A10 is going to be the perfect seductress.

Seductress...yes...even though she's not much to look at. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

JIMJAM
August 18th, 2009, 06:32
We can only hope that it receives all the developer's support,following through on patches,updates that Lockon did. :icon_lol:

Bjoern
August 18th, 2009, 07:54
Dynamic campaign or bust.

empeck
August 18th, 2009, 11:36
I'd prefer a good static campaign over a campaign-like product in RoF :kilroy:

taseal
August 18th, 2009, 11:42
Dynamic campaign or bust.

not happening :(

BananaBob
August 18th, 2009, 11:59
Wow, looks sweet. Just got Black Shark and the learning curve is killing me (literally!!), LOL

Me to Michael, I've had it for a couple months and watch the start-up video for the Blackshark every once in a while and it's crazy how much you have to do, LOL, would blow FSX simmers away how in depth just the start-up is, I still haven't memorized it. :kilroy: This A-10 will get me flying again though because hopefully the controls will be similar to their LO A-10. :ernae:

Bjoern
August 18th, 2009, 12:30
I'd prefer a good static campaign over a campaign-like product in RoF :kilroy:

Static campaigns are so...1990s...

not happening :(

Well, all hail to Falcon 4 then. Still *the* benchmark in terms of a campaign system in flight sims.

I find it unfair that devs put all the bells and whistles into a sim but neglect campaigns which are a major motivator to me.
Hell, even a rudimentary dynamic campaign like in IL-2 and Strike Fighters would totally do the job!

peter12213
August 18th, 2009, 14:01
Me to Michael, I've had it for a couple months and watch the start-up video for the Blackshark every once in a while and it's crazy how much you have to do, LOL, would blow FSX simmers away how in depth just the start-up is, I still haven't memorized it. :kilroy: This A-10 will get me flying again though because hopefully the controls will be similar to their LO A-10. :ernae:
HAving watched the video's mentioned I agree the depth of systems is mind blowing but it looks amazing, I personally can't wait to see what this new sim will be like!

ryanbatc
August 18th, 2009, 14:07
That looks really nice!

Anyone remember Jane's ATF or USAF? Good times...

Bjoern
August 20th, 2009, 10:04
Anyone remember Jane's ATF or USAF? Good times...

Fighters Anthology was one of my first sims. I loved the baltic campaign with the EF2000!

djscoo
August 20th, 2009, 10:38
I successfully started it once, then figured out the auto-start comand (it still takes forever, the buttons just push themselves). Unfortunately the auto-start was a bit finnicky, working around 30% of the time. Eventually I switched back to lock-on.:running:

redriver6
August 20th, 2009, 14:59

you and me both...although i have managed to get it airborne a couple of times:icon_lol:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=21161