PDA

View Full Version : Hotfix for Lotus L-39 C++ runtime errors and more...

Lotus
August 17th, 2009, 08:08
Hi guys. I know some of you have had real trouble with C++ runtime errors with the L-39 in multiplayer. I've been hunting that evil little bug down for 10 days and finally have success. It's coming from the flares of all silly things. Seems they aren't unloading from memory after being fired off, and this is blowing up FSX's visualfx.dll in multiplayer.

Anyway I have a hotfix for that, plus the reinstatement of VC hotkeys which were somehow disabled by the original cameras in the L-39. There are a couple of other small fixes included as well.

Everyone who has the L-39, please go to this post and follow the instructions very carefully, keeping in mind that the aircraft.cfg files must be replaced by the patch and you will need to back up your repaint entries and then add them to the new configs manually again. Sorry about this part, but there's no way around it.

http://www.lotussim.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=174

I'd like to put an end to this crashing as quickly as possible, but everyone with the plane needs to do this update for it to be truly destroyed, even if you don't fly in multiplayer. This will unfortunately disable the signal flares for the time being, a necessary tradeoff. I will do my best to get them working again properly in a much larger and more comprehensive update that will follow in a few weeks time. In the short term this will keep everyone flying and stop the unwanted trips back to the desktop. :) Now for some sleep... haha.

Thanks,

-Mike

MCDesigns
August 17th, 2009, 08:32
Thanks for the hard work and the update Mike, hope you get the flares worked out again. :ernae:

wilycoyote4
August 17th, 2009, 09:00
Well done :medals: :ernae:

JayKae
August 17th, 2009, 14:40
Great work mate !

anthony31
August 17th, 2009, 16:23
Top work Mike. All those late nights must have paid off?

Lotus
August 17th, 2009, 16:38
Sometimes they do. :)

peter12213
August 18th, 2009, 07:16
Working beautifully here and very easily done, thanks Mike!

Lotus
August 18th, 2009, 07:23
Thanks Peter, glad to hear it. Talk about baffling and annoying. Six months of non-stop multiplayer testing, like 3+ flights a week with 3 to 6 people each time and this bug never once showed up for anyone. Bizarre. I guess it's because our flights were generally scheduled and we didn't come and go much from the sessions, not like on gamespy anyway.

-Mike

peter12213
August 18th, 2009, 09:05
Yeah I had no problems either, I just got it for the fixed camera problem personally!

JamesChams
August 18th, 2009, 12:16
Mr. Mike "Lotus,"

I just installed and tried this fix last night; the ONLY thing I didn't do was remove the Flare effect files. I wanted to see if it would CRASH FSX and it didn't so I let them be. But, I did have one question... Does this model have any exhaust vapor, smoke or flame effects as that is something I didn't see in FSX?

Just wondering, as I'm not sure what's working now and what isn't. :kilroy:

Other then that, it worked beautifully; Thank you. :wavey:

Lotus
August 18th, 2009, 12:53
Hi James, and thanks. It really is in your best interests though to delete those flare effects for now, just to be safe from crashes in multiplayer. I will address the problem permanently in the full update, hopefully sometime in the next several weeks. The only other effects are airshow smoke and engine smoke from damage. Everything else is built into the model. I didn't add exhaust smoke because it damages FPS tremendously in multiplayer.

Cheers,

-Mike