PDA

View Full Version : Bald Mountain

falcon409
August 16th, 2009, 21:08
This is one that I gave up on, then tried again and put it aside, but kept going back to it because of the location. . .on takeoff, it overlooks the east coast of Maine. This is a private area, no fuel, no anything except for the view and a very tricky landing as the dirt strip is uphill on the west side then levels out at the top. I took a cub off from this strip and while it took a bit to get the tires rolling in the dirt, once I got up enough speed I was able to clear the trees on the east end easily. It's also within range of Islesboro, Miller's Field, and several others. I've just about got everything in place. . .some more trees to fill in here and there and a hangar to the left at the top of the hill and that should do it.

Boomer
August 16th, 2009, 21:25
Very cool little strip! :applause:

My kinda place :ernae:

CG_1976
August 16th, 2009, 22:00
Was also a scenic drive to Bald Mtn:d looking good.

Daube
August 17th, 2009, 01:56
This is one that I gave up on, then tried again and put it aside, but kept going back to it because of the location. . .on takeoff, it overlooks the east coast of Maine. This is a private area, no fuel, no anything except for the view and a very tricky landing as the dirt strip is uphill on the west side then levels out at the top. I took a cub off from this strip and while it took a bit to get the tires rolling in the dirt, once I got up enough speed I was able to clear the trees on the east end easily. It's also within range of Islesboro, Miller's Field, and several others. I've just about got everything in place. . .some more trees to fill in here and there and a hangar to the left at the top of the hill and that should do it.

I have another one like that for you.
It's a small airfield with sloped runway, very tricky landing, but since it's next to the Geneva Lake, the view is quite beautifull.
The scenery is in FSX SP2 format.
First, you have to install and declare this pack, it's the object library, just declare it as a normal scenery:
http://www.vf-air.com/VF-AIR.zip

Then install the scenery itself, Habere Poche, south of Geneva Lake, with a little blimp hovering just above:
http://www.vf-air.com/LF7469sp2Ut1.zip

MCDesigns
August 17th, 2009, 05:46
That is looking sweet! I love locations like that!

falcon409
August 17th, 2009, 06:55
Thanks Michael,
This is a shot of the finished work.

MCDesigns
August 17th, 2009, 07:28
Nice work falcon! You make your own objects or use existing/FSX libraries?

You're definitely giving me more reasons to fly in this area (East coast), look forward to more!

falcon409
August 17th, 2009, 07:44
Nice work falcon! You make your own objects or use existing/FSX libraries?
You're definitely giving me more reasons to fly in this area (East coast), look forward to more!
Thanks Michael,
I am using default FSX/Accel objects and then whatever EZ-Scenery Libraries or other object libraries I see that might suit the type of scenery I'm doing. I would like to do custom objects but GMax is outside my learning curve, lol.

MCDesigns
August 17th, 2009, 08:00
Thanks Michael,
I am using default FSX/Accel objects and then whatever EZ-Scenery Libraries or other object libraries I see that might suit the type of scenery I'm doing. I would like to do custom objects but GMax is outside my learning curve, lol.

LOL, if you can figure out SBuilder, you can figure out Gmax :ernae:

Boomer
August 18th, 2009, 09:13
Great stuff! It turns what was an uninteresting little strip into neat destination spot. I love the sloped runway :)
The 1st shot is FSX default.

falcon409
August 18th, 2009, 09:42
Man, what a difference when you see the before and after shots, lol. I see just three buildings missing. . .2 hangars up at the top on that cement pad where the airplanes are parked and one ranch house in amongst the trees where the other houses are, otherwise everything looks pretty much like what I have.
Great job Boomer and thanks for the assist in testing this.:ernae::ernae: By the way, I'll research what objects are missing and get you the correct bgl's and textures to fix it.. . .Thanks again!!