PDA

View Full Version : Sample of upcoming ETO aircraft

Capt. Winters
August 16th, 2009, 16:46
Hi Guys,

This is a glimps of one of the upcoming Beaufighters in the ETO update later this year.

This is a RAAF 455 squadron of Coastal Command late 1944.

The skin is by John Whelan, and it realy brings this model to life.

we have 5 beaufighters in game, a RAF Mk1 Nightfighter, a RAF Mk1 day fighter, an early period Coastal Command antiship strike fighter (1942), the one shown above and last but not least a reverse lend lease program MkX in the colours of 417th night fighter squadron USAAF. this last one is fitted with Jaycees radom dome on the nose.

as with the one above the other Beaufighter skins are all done by John, and are first rate.

we have modified many of the aircraft in the ETO game with imporved skins and loadouts, using specific effects and weapons, Steve has been working miricles with incendiary rounds and AP rounds etc. and where possible models have been fitted with mixed load outs. not 100% accurate for % of each type of ammunition but it gives the player a feel for it. and its better than it was.

we have also added planes to the line up, with somewhere around 220 planes in game now.

regards Rob.

HouseHobbit
August 16th, 2009, 17:59
Okay, you have my attention...Does WOW fit the Bill??? Can't think of anything else I can say that is Legal.. LOL Bravo to you and your effort with ETO.. THANKS from one of many that shall enjoy your work.. BRAVO MATE..
You can ride your Dingo into the sunset with Great Pride..
HouseHobbit

NachtPiloten
August 17th, 2009, 11:10
Beaufighters are my favorite Brit plane. Love the fire power they have and just they way they look. Too bad they shot down many a Dornier ....

Daiwilletti
August 17th, 2009, 20:56
220 .... did you say 220?? That is a stupendous achievement. i took a spin in vanilla cfs3.1a recently. it actually looks quite well with a computer 4 times better than the best available when the original game was released. Really big ups for the Original concept and flexible formats/engines used.

But ETO is really a different game, everything is so much better, not least the number of aircraft - did you say 220!!?
:icon29::icon29:

Thanks for the heads up :applause:

O-1Driver
August 18th, 2009, 10:24
Guys,

I just wanted to say a word or two to recognize the amount of work and effort Rob (Capt. Winters) puts in to making the standalones and creating the additional aircraft we have in ETO. Rob had a more significant challenge this time in that most of the aircraft had to have all of their guns removed to be replaced with more accurate armament.

The aircraft will now have a mixture of incendiary rounds and AP (Armor piercing) or ball ammunition. The new incendiary and AP rounds required new guns, rounds and effects for each aircraft. Rob has spent a lot of time trying to replicate the historical loadout and balance of incendiary ammunition to non incendiary AP and Ball ammo.

Currently all rounds in CFS3, MAW, ETO,and PTO all impact with the same stock light and flash effect which is too large and overdone. Now you will have ball and AP munitions that cause debris and impact smoke but no flash. The incendiaries will cause smoke, debris and a smaller and more accurate flash. The incendiaries are also more effective than the AP and Ball ammo giving a much improved punch to the .303 cal guns on the Spitfire and Hurricane.

Rob has accomplished this while working with the finest painters to bring you some stunning new aircraft for this next release of ETO.

I would also like to recognize Kasey, (Grizzley) who personally fired over 147,000 rounds of ammunition in the testing process for the new guns and ammo. In the processs I think he shot down 1,567 aircraft and destroyed 47 trains and 423 vehicles at last count.:medals:

I think the additional and updated ETO aircraft will be worth the wait.

Steve

grizzly50
August 18th, 2009, 12:26
:kilroy:O-1 Driver, that's 147,183 rounds fired, 1,568 aircraft shot down, 47.75 trains busted, and 432 vehicles destroyed. You must have transposed the last two digits in that last number. The rest is close enough. :173go1::bump::monkies::d

HouseHobbit
August 18th, 2009, 14:16
Okay, I am truly Humbled by the efforts of so many..Kasey I hope you didn't have to soak your trigger finger too long to get the feeling back in it..God Bless you all..
HouseHobbit