PDA

View Full Version : An Invisible AFCAD?

falcon409
August 16th, 2009, 11:02
Ok, I've found another great little private airstrip about 2nm from North Haven, Maine (an Island community). I've eliminated the rectangular airport boundary and laid in my own poly based on the satellite images for the strip. The rwy sits perfectly and so I decided to go into AFX to change the default taxi ways and parking spots that show in FSX only to find that the default AFCAD from FSX doesn't have any taxiways or parking spaces. So apparently, there's another AFCAD floating around somewhere just not sure where else to look.
Has anyone else ever run into a case where there were obviously parking spaces and taxiways as part of the AFCAD (I can visibly see taxiway lines coming off the rwy and two circular taxiways on each end of the rwy) but they don't show in the AFCAD?

Matt Wynn
August 16th, 2009, 11:44
hmm sounds like you already have an afcad for the place, when you load it does it say stock or mod in the airport list? (used to be able to see bottom right on the old afcad, when choosing where to modify)

falcon409
August 16th, 2009, 13:53
Never mind, I had been looking at so many airports on the islands off the Maine coast that when I finally decided on one in particular I still had the name in my head from the previous airport. Man. . . .lol.