PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 ?

Crusader
August 16th, 2009, 09:47
I had Office Home and Student 2007 Trial Version installed on my wife's laptop . I did get a message to activate but did not at the time . Trial has not expired yet(31 Aug) but I have since purchased the disk through Amazon(Includes 3 licenses) but now the Activation Wizzard does not pop up and there is no menu option (EX: Microsoft Word) to activate the Trial version . She has several Word 2007 documents still on the computer . If I try to reinstall using the disk do I Delete/Uninstall the Trial version then install Full Version and WILL IT SAVE OR KEEP what she has already worked on ?? If I accidentally wipe out what she worked on(BS degree in Nursing at Ohio University) I am dead meat and might as well flee to Mexico !!:rocket::blind::banghead:

Rich

Tako_Kichi
August 16th, 2009, 10:23
If you get the FREE Open Office suite you can open any documents created in MS Office.

I used to use MS Office but switched to OO a few years back and have never regretted it. It does everything MS Office does just as easily and did I mention it was FREE! ;)

It can be found here.....

http://www.openoffice.org/

slimslamma
August 18th, 2009, 20:34
problem will be inregistry

Dangerousdave26
August 19th, 2009, 09:02
The question is where did she save the documents. If they are in the My Documents folder than no they will not be deleted.

Find where the documents were stored and copy them to the My Documents / Documents folder.

They will be backed up and you can install with out fear.

I would just uninstall the existing Office 2007 product then install the full version.