PDA

View Full Version : OT (or is it on topic?) My latest Project

Dangerousdave26
August 16th, 2009, 05:47
It seems that we have been talking cats a lot here lately.

Last Sunday my wife asked me "So how do I get the Cat Pee smell out of my Laptop"?

My heart sank. Its three years old but we really don't need to buy a new one at this time. The only thing I could do is tell her ship it down to me. (for those of you who don't know we live in separate states because of my job)

Last week I spent two days disassembling it and cleaning all of the affected parts. Luckily nothing critical was touched.

The largest problem was some pot metal brackets that were corroding bad. They housed the power input socket and the modem line input jack.

The rest of it was just on plastic.

It has all cleaned up well and todays project is reassembly.

I would say the smell is gone but I have a bad sniffer and can't smell much anyway. Seems good though. :icon_lol:

This is what a HP DV-2315nr looks like when it is disassembled.

Now I wounder how it goes back together?

BTW we don't know which one did it. So far no one has confessed and there are no witnesses. Even a stern talking too only yielded a puzzled look and a cocked head.

Interrogations were to continue but that would be pointless. :icon_lol:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq63/Dangerousdave26/Picture.jpg

Cratermaker
August 16th, 2009, 05:50
I love what you did with the screws. Good thinking.

Good luck with the not having parts leftover! :applause:

Snuffy
August 16th, 2009, 07:16
Good luck ... looks a wonderful puzzle.

Sure wish they sold laptop kits as that's the only way I buy and build my towers.

:ernae:

Dangerousdave26
August 16th, 2009, 18:02
Cratermaker no parts left over but I did some how loose one screw that is on the outside of the case.

Other than that she is all back together and running good.

I may still replace the speaker cover it still has the cat smell on it.

Other than that it is good for another year of her college courses. :applause:

denisch
August 16th, 2009, 20:38
Now that the lap top is back together and running good will your next project be disassembling the cat?

Dangerousdave26
August 17th, 2009, 08:27
Now that the lap top is back together and running good will your next project be disassembling the cat?

No I leave that part up to Mrs Dangerous.

We once had a cat named Jack.

And Jack often times had a Catatuide

He would get made at me for one reason or another and then go find something I own and Pee on it.

I would get mad at him and yell at him but that was about it.

One day Jack got mad at Mrs Dangerous and Pee'd on something she owned while she was in bed...

HER FACE!

Poor Jack had an appointment the next day to get his Balls removed. :icon_lol:

I remember how he looked at me as we drove to the Vet. I just looked at him and said "Look man I am not getting inbetween the two of you on this one!" :kilroy:

smilo
August 17th, 2009, 09:13
leave the speaker cover as a reminder.

I have to say that I don't appreciate cats much,
especially the ones in this house.
they gots no manners.
the hardwood floor is destroyed where they've decided to pee
and, in general, the upstairs reeks.
they are my wife's and when I tried to talk to her about it,
she said, "what can I do about it?"
I know what to do about it..... but instead,
I have moved downstairs and closed the door behind me.
they are NOT allowed down here.

one of these days, when I feel like a real rant,
I'll tell you a cat story.

denisch
August 17th, 2009, 14:10
Poor Jack had an appointment the next day to get his Balls removed. :icon_lol:

I sure wouldn't want your wife mad at me!!!

Was the cat that peed on her laptop a male? When they're not drawing blood cats are o.k. and I like them in general but male cats are pretty much useless. All they do is lay around, eat and mark things. On the other hand I've found that female cats are alot more lovie-dovie, enjoy a good petting and help keep the mice away.

Willy
August 17th, 2009, 14:37
We had a Hemingway cat that would take a dump wherever she felt like in the house. The real bad part was that the other cat (a neutered tom) got to where he was following suit. So she became an outside barn cat. Once she was out the door, the male cat went back to the litter box. If he'd have kept up he'd have went outside too. Nothing stinks like cat pee or poop.

waco
August 17th, 2009, 14:38
I grew up staying away from cats. My mother and I were allergic to cats. We had a reaction like hayfever, so I've never owned them as pets. Had a few that were mousers, and they lived outdoors. What really ticks me off about cats, though, is where I live they can run free thoughout the city, while my dog has to have a license and rabies shots and must be on a leash when leaving my property.. I really, really get tired of cat poo in the flower beds. Moth balls don't seem to work. I know a few things that would work, but that would get me on the wrong side of the law.