PDA

View Full Version : OT: Free for the first time!

grunau_baby
August 16th, 2009, 05:19
Our cats have been indoor cats for more than 8 years. For the first time we now have released them into our new homeīs garden to enhance their "cat-joys"

The first steps into freedom:
http://www.grunform.de/ktz/

Just too funny to watch them (almost shy) explore gras and plants, very carefully increasing the radius of activity.

Very happy about this step!!!
Alex

Snuffy
August 16th, 2009, 05:21
I believe there is and always will be a part of a "domesticated" cat that will remain "wild".

They'll soon adapt to their outdoor surroundings.

Thanks for sharing.

:ernae:

Dangerousdave26
August 16th, 2009, 05:22
Those two resemble my Zoey

:applause:

Tako_Kichi
August 16th, 2009, 05:52
Are they 'Manx' cats Alex?

Cazzie
August 16th, 2009, 06:05
Stub-tailed Manxs, true Manx cats have no tail at all.

But Manx cats are like Siamese, they think they are royalty. If they are anything like our manx, the outdoors is only to be used for waste functions, food is not to be hunted, it is to be served. :icon_lol:

But yes, it is true that all domestic cats have the same capabilities to live in the wild like their larger brethren. They are all hunters and carnivorous and possess the same speed, cunning, and killing ability of the big cats. And a true killer cat, whether wild or domestic, will kill anything that is edible to their palette, rats, birds, frogs (generally will not kill and eat toads, their genetic code knows better), fish, and I even had one to kill and eat a snake when I lived in North Carolina.

Domesticated cats are the only species on earth that take anarchy and make it work.

Caz

Kiwikat
August 16th, 2009, 06:08
Cool! A fellow Manx owner!

Ours is aptly named "Stubby". I know, very creative... :icon_lol::mixedsmi::173go1: He is colored exactly like a great horned owl. Couldn't ask for a better katfriend. :applause:

grunau_baby
August 16th, 2009, 06:30
Not Manx really! When we got them from the previous owner in 2001 we were told that it was some genetic defekt, but we found out years later that these two sister cats are actually "Mi ké" - japanese bobtails (japanese lucky cats). Unlike Manx they have little short tails like ours and they are always multicolored. The lack of a full tail makes high jumps very difficult for them.

They are outside all day enjoying the sun and trying to catch butterflies in the sun. Itīs completely naturall for them to hide in our small bushes and lurk for anything interesting. Itīs simply in their natural behaviour. Thy do not need to learn it. Just works!

Alex

OBIO
August 16th, 2009, 09:29
Nice pics GB. Glad that your kitties can now safely explore the outside universe.

When Deb and I first got together, she had an amazing Manx.....he was black and white and his markings reminded me of a Boston Terrier...as did his personality. Max was much more dog like than cat like. He was a very powerfully built cat...stocky, very barrel shaped, and muscular. Max (his full name was Maximillian von Polecat) could jump like crazy. He could, from a sitting position, jump 6 plus feet straight into the air....which he did quite often during his fly catching leaps. He had a thing about flies....he would stalk them, jump up into the air, grab them with this paws and eat them before he landed back on the floor.

OBIO