PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Mallorca - is it good ?

guzler
August 16th, 2009, 02:27
Hi guys,

Having just got back from sunny mallorca, I noticed Aerosoft do one which looks excellent. It recommends a 3ghz pc, but mine is only 2.4Ghz. Do any of you chaps have it and how FPS friendly is it ?

Cheers

Neil

MCDesigns
August 16th, 2009, 05:32
I'm curious as well. It looks great in the screens and looking at it in Google earth, Palma is a very dense city and it look rather detailed in the screenshots, so i can see that being a frame eater.

Hope you had a good trip, I am envious, looks like a great place to visit.

VFR Reviews
August 16th, 2009, 07:12
I don't have it, but all of Aerosoft's products are much more comfortable on frames than many other sceneries. I have their Madeira X, which strikes me as similar, and it's one of my top 5 favourite sceneries as a reviewer.

guzler
August 16th, 2009, 08:31
Well being Mr impatient, I went and downloaded it. Frames aren't too bad, although my scenery doesn't look as good as the screen shots on the product page, but that may well be my computer as it is only a single core running at 2.4 Ghz. The airport is excellent, particularly with UT2 and WOIA filling the charter blanks. At £23, it's not cheap, but my intention is to build a new PC over the next 12 months, so stocking up on decent sceneries is an investment, not a waste.

Mallorca is a great place to go, great weather, clean and lots of pretty places, especially the beaches which is a must with kids. That said, I am enjoying our cooler climate after being baked for a week !!!!

letsgetrowdy
August 16th, 2009, 08:46
I've only just got back from Pollenca in Mallorca too....
Love it there

guzler
August 16th, 2009, 10:25
Really like the attention to detail on this, like the convair 4 engined airliner rotting in a corner. It's there in the sim painted just how I seen it (from a distance of course).

Wild Bill Kelso
September 22nd, 2010, 06:58
Mallorca is a great place to go, great weather...

Sure it's swell!
Just returned from this island today. Took this pic yesterday from our hotel room... :cool:

guzler
September 22nd, 2010, 09:12
Are you sure you was in Mallorca ? In my sim it's always sunny :isadizzy: