PDA

View Full Version : Extract gauges

magotto
October 22nd, 2008, 03:14
Exist a little program to extract single gauge from cluster gauges?
Bye:kilroy:

steve1956
October 22nd, 2008, 05:33
Magotto, you have, I think, at least two options here, one free and another which is inexpensive.

CfgEdit is free and can, I think, be downloaded here. It allows you to "mix and match" different gauges from different planes. You could even, say, put together a control panel for your custom F4U-1A Corsair with all German instruments, if you want to. I think that you can currently download CfgEdit from this website, but I am unsure of the specifics. I have utilized CfgEdit for a while and it is easy to use.

Ed Struzynski--the creator of CfgEdit--has coded a more advanced and convenient "instrument panel editor" which can accommodate more recent versions of Microsoft's "Flight Simulator", as well. This new program is called "FS Panel Studio". It costs $24.99 and can be purchased as a download from http://www.fspanelstudio.com . You would, of course, need to have $25 available and a serviceable credit card. I have to admit, though, that I've never downloaded, installed or used FS Panel Studio.

BTW, are you aware that "gauges" includes such flight sim items as water wakes for floatplanes(I could never get that to work myself; by "GreenGhost") and some smoke effects?

Shessi
October 22nd, 2008, 09:26
Hi M,
As Steve says. I use CfgEdit, great little programme and does almost everything you'll want...and free!

If not here do a search and if you get a prob let us know.

Cheers

Shessi