PDA

View Full Version : You want history, here it is right out of the dirt

Crashwoody1
August 15th, 2009, 12:48
Demonstrations of the horific instances of war and battle.
Check out the Spitfire canopy they found in a shot down Spitfire, I emailed the collector and yes he had a dna test done on those smears and smudges, brains, bone and blood.. wild wild wild stuff. All of this was just recently found in Europe. Dug right out of the ground, literally... Check out the German battle helmet. Brings it home guys. Those ol boys fought hard.. dam hard!

This may bother some folks but its our heritage no matter what nation you are this is pure unadulterated history reaching out to us literally from the grave to wake us up and make us think about what we are doing here.

Check it out.

http://www.bluegrayrelics.com/greatwar/index.html

Crash

Thoe6969
August 15th, 2009, 13:25
Some really interesting treasures there.Nice find.

VFR Reviews
August 15th, 2009, 13:39
To think of people making money off of that stuff :(

Very interesting, though, thank you.

cheezyflier
August 15th, 2009, 18:40
To think of people making money off of that stuff :(

Very interesting, though, thank you.

i know what you mean, i think. when i see the helmets with the holes blown through them, and the canopy with the human fragments still on it, it makes my heart heavy.

i don't think the japanese tag is a dog tag, because it has no name on it. it only refers to the group, not to an individual. maybe some kind of medallion worn on a uniform or something.

Flyboy208
August 15th, 2009, 18:53
I am an avid collector of WWII German & Japanese militaria. I find this sublect interesting, but would not pay the money for rusty old relics. My Dad has alot of similar stuff that he dug up from WWI battlefields in Verdun and Ypres back in the 1970's.

Where I go for good WWII German stuff is here :

http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/

I definitely respect the sacrifices given by soldiers of all countries in conflicts that were intended for the greater good...

Take Care, Mike :kilroy:

Piglet
August 15th, 2009, 19:49
How many of those helmets were simply shot at for target practice? Sniper training? Those helmets were everywhere, some taken from POW's, tossed aside, etc. Even tank gunners used to set up helmets and shoot the tank guns at them.

CrisGer
August 16th, 2009, 09:39
that is interesting to see some of those relics, but.....

i had family on both sides of WWII, and some in both air services.... and that canopy with clear evidence of mortality on the part of the pilot ...those pictures are in very bad taste IMHO. I can understand a business that makes money off of history, but there is a line that this person crosses over sadly. I am sure the family of that pilot would feel the same.