PDA

View Full Version : AAC Mission 8/16..."One Too Many"

minuteman10
August 15th, 2009, 11:10
...Some of our men have gathered at the Officer's Club to celebrate a successful mission. The beer was cold...the wine was flowing...and the brandy was going down all too easy! Hubbabubba began to boast that he had once flown under the Eiffel Tower while in the vicinity of Paris. Limy replied that "nobody could do that...even on their best day!"....Well...the challenge was on...The two rather tipsy pilots stumbled to the tarmac and flew off into the sunset to settle this once and for all. The Axis will not appreciate a surprise flight into Paris. Go retrieve this pair and return their butts to Ripe before the C.O. finds out...He thinks that you're going on a night patrol.
Axis have staged at Central Paris for a fine Frech meal...They will scramble once the flight is picked up on Tactical! They will be as mad as hornets to have their meal interrupted after eating only rations for the last 2 weeks.

Get these two clowns back on the ground safely! :)

Time: 2000hrs
Weather: Cirrus...Base 30,000'....Coverage Few 2/8
TS: Announced Pre-Mission
Meet at :1100-1200 hrs on TS
All are welcomed...new and old....:applause:

minuteman10
August 16th, 2009, 06:10
TS Channel for today is: ****** :wavey:

Ivan
August 16th, 2009, 15:47
I know I've asked this before, but what headphones / microphones are recommended?

- Ivan.

smilo
August 16th, 2009, 16:30
actually, you can get by without headphones and just use an external speaker.
BUT...your mic picks up all of the background sounds.
with that said, just about any headset will work.
same goes for the microphone.
I bought a cheap set at my local computer store for about $15.
then, in a fit of unbriddled consumerism,
I spent over $100 for a super dupper surround sound headset with digital mic.
a truly amazing piece of equipment.

why do you ask?
fancy a little Multi-Player action?

----------:kilroy:----------------

Ivan
August 16th, 2009, 16:46
It bothers me when I don't have appropriate equipment. I have several sets of earphones. Never use them. Don't have a confirmed working microphone. Perhaps multiplayer some day, but don't hold your breath waiting.... It may be a while or not at all.

- Ivan.

smilo
August 16th, 2009, 17:46
I learned a long time ago not to hold my breath waiting.
all I get is out of breath and blue. :rolleyes:

I completely understand about the equipment issue.
I, too, like the good stuff.
I also understand that many folks are on a tight budget.
...thought it might be a good idea to present some options.

minuteman10
August 17th, 2009, 05:51
I use a Cyber Acoustics headset w/ mic...think it ran me around $35....never had a problem...

smilo
August 17th, 2009, 08:43
naturally, accidentally pushing the mute button on the inline switch,
or inadvertently turning the volume off with the same switch,
is not considered a problem....:banghead:.....oops....:redf:

orrr, running over the cable with the chair,
getting up and walking away...with the headset still on,
and finally, the best,
having the puppy chew the cable.

hubbabubba
August 17th, 2009, 21:45
My first set was a two dollars (Canadians, of course...) combo head-set. Microphone was OK* but earphones sounded like... well... two dollars.

So I used my "good" earphones (I'm Baroque - Classical music listener) but kept the mike around my neck.

Using a wire coat-hanger and a one dollar PC microphone*, I build myself mike boom attached to the headset of my "good" earphones.

I eventually trampled on the cord of my "good" headset with my chair (hello smilo :wavey:) and, after many repairs, they are now awaiting in my "to dismantle" pile of old electronics.

I bought a combo headset for twelve dollars and was surprised by the quality... until the two jacks' cord were cut due to a design defect; "fabric" cords should not go directly into solid rubber jacks as it creates a "stress point" at the junction.

I bought a second pair (now 14$) and repaired the first one, which I will use for as long as I can. The second pair - with rubber cords entering the jacks at the "y" point BTW - is my "backup".

*It is a well known thing among amateur electronics "doers"; all omnidirectional microphones, whatever the price you pay, are basically identical. Their specs are the same, no matter what a seller is trying to let you believe. Headset and speakers are another matter...:kilroy:

You really don't have to break your piggy for flying with us. And TS is free:applause:!!!

minuteman10
August 18th, 2009, 06:43
Smilo...those were "issues"....LOL!