PDA

View Full Version : Am Baaaack!!!!!!! and Soon in a Sim Near You!!!!

gera
August 15th, 2009, 07:28
:kilroy:Hi Guys......Who the H*** missed me???.....None?...I new it!!!!:blind::blind:

Well after 20 days around Europa and back much poorer and hoping to go back in 2011.....need a car in 2010!!!!....gosh!!!!!:gameoff:
Started in MPTO by getting into one of KLM's MD11 with its big engine in the tail and flew to Amsterdam in 11 hours flat, the tube is just great, no noice and at 36000 ft it just zoomed like the big momma it is....watch three movies, had two big meals, much water and wine
and chatted with some dudes for a while then read a book (part of it) and chewed on some grapes I took along.....could not get any sleep so I arrived with owl eyes to the wet city...
Amsterdam?...wet and all houses are alike so after three blocks you know the city, many canals all over and billion of bicycles....took the Talis to Paris next day and WAM!!!!!!!!!!....what a beatiful City!!!!!!...you can get lost in any street and it will be very pretty.....I was here way back in 1958 with my parents and as then we stayed in a tiny beautiful hotel with the Eiffel Tower as our background ....beautiful!!!!! must return...........Drove to Toulouse, Airbus Country, the red city...its all red bricks!!!!
nice very nice and then on to Lourdes to see the Virgin Mother, if you have faith its wonderful and unique....if not its just full of tourists!!!!!!.....on to Nice, a 7 hour drive in a wonderful three and four lane pike full of tourists running to the beaches....great ride with nice places to stop....Nize: OK, since we have so many beaches here I was not that surprised but enjoyed it very much and had great oysters and
all kind of seafood, same as here, but the oysters I loved,,,WOW!!!!!....On to San Remo, where we stayed at a nice homely Beach Hotel. Rode bikes to town and all over...beautiful town and great Pizzas....On to Genova and a club meeting with a bunch of great fellow modelers where many
hours went by with wine, chatting, comparing model notes and more wine!!!!!!!!..took my recently finished RO/41 and left it at the club .....we had more wine.!!!! and food, much pasta and great antipasto.
On to La Spetzia, AH!!!!! this place is heaven with Cinque Terre to boot......really a nice place, made some friends there and got envited to come over to Lake Como in 2011...will do if alive and kicking!!!!
On to Firenze for some shopping ( my wife...and me too!!)...finished the trip in Rome where again I met the Local Chapter of our club and with the Romans we had a looooooooong!!! nice time of wine, pizzas and
music......can't go to Italia without seeing these guys!!!!!, really lovely people....
Flew back to Amasterdam to catch th KLM flight back to MPTO which took 10.6 hours. Shoud be back in the office on monday.............UGH!!!!!!!:pop4:
SO......."Something is Going on in Guyana!!!!!!!!!!!":pop4:...strange lights up high at night and a bluish hue over some rivers, monkeys and Iguanas run like crazy and a strange sound has been
reported near a wide river.......some pilotos will be going there soon!!!!!!....you bet!!!!

FSadventureSky Flights and Missions will be back in a Sim Near You Soon!!!!!!!:icon29::icon29:

:kilroy:

papab
August 15th, 2009, 08:10
Welcome back!
Wife & I went to France and spent a week in Paris and a week in Normandy-

What a lovely country-And the Cheese-WOW along with Calvados (apple brandy)

Plan to go back next year...
Rick

Francois
August 15th, 2009, 08:19
LOL, although I lead 'you guys' around on occasion I still remain amazed at how you can cram so many wonderful things into so little time all at once :isadizzy:

You'd be even MORE amazed if you (could) would take the time for things! :ernae:

Francois
(currently near Amsterdam)

robcap
August 15th, 2009, 08:20
So you don't like Amsterdam? In that case I didn't miss you.:d

R.

Bjoern
August 15th, 2009, 09:27
Anyone normally likes Amsterdam. Where else can you legally discover the wonders of THC? *Chuckle* :icon_lol:

cheezyflier
August 15th, 2009, 09:53
Anyone normally likes Amsterdam. Where else can you legally discover the wonders of THC? *Chuckle* :icon_lol:

try canada. getting caught with anything less than an oz nets you the equivelent of a parking ticket. and if you're american they probably wont even do anything. i see people walking down the street smoking it all the time. they do it while waiting for the bus or walking on the boardwalk.
as an american that feels a little weird. i stopped smoking years before i came here, and sometimes i wonder if i'm missing something :isadizzy:

Lionheart
August 15th, 2009, 10:28
Welcome back Gera! Glad your vacation went well and you are back home safe.

:ernae:

gera
August 15th, 2009, 12:23
Thank you guys........I did like Amsterdam but since its small you get to see most everything pretty fast, got some great cheeses and nice crafts and the houses do look a like......most of them.....
Hi Lionheart, thank you for your kind words.....boy at least you missed me!!!!!!:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: or what..?????

What happened in Guyana in 1938____????????????:kilroy:...be ready to have your hip bone Twist and Rock!!!!!

Bjoern
August 16th, 2009, 08:36
try canada. getting caught with anything less than an oz nets you the equivelent of a parking ticket. and if you're american they probably wont even do anything. i see people walking down the street smoking it all the time. they do it while waiting for the bus or walking on the boardwalk.
as an american that feels a little weird. i stopped smoking years before i came here, and sometimes i wonder if i'm missing something :isadizzy:

Sounds fun, might need to go to Lumberjackland at least once in this life. :d

Laws are pretty strict here in regard of "noncriminal amounts" of weed. Depending on the federal state, you can get away with as much as six grams without having to face the judge while two grams in another state will get you a year on probation.
Oh and it's fraking expensive here as well.

MCDesigns
August 16th, 2009, 08:40
Welcome back gera!! :ernae:

harleyman
August 16th, 2009, 11:35
Welcome back.. :wavey:

I wondered where you got off to..

It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Glad to have you back though ! :173go1:

limjack
August 16th, 2009, 20:20
Welcome back Gera. Hope your Monday goes well, its always a tough one after a fun filled vacation.

Jim