PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With This FSX Loading Error?

GT182
August 14th, 2009, 18:49
This is a new one I've never seen before. When FX+SX first starts to load I get this error message. Then it locks up after pressing OK. Haven't changed any scenery files.... neither added or deleted any Area.115 files. Just started this a couple of day ago. Anyone know how to fix it other than reloading FSX?

I'll be gone all day Saturday. Catch yas Saturday night. Thanks for any help.

harleyman
August 14th, 2009, 19:03
Uncheck it from your scenery library..If it loads scenery after launching FSX again remove it from the list in FSX scenery library...

Meshman
August 14th, 2009, 20:43
Ah yes, the poor installer/uninstaller syndrome!

Somewhere along the ways you installed "something" that went into the Addon Scenery folder. Then you uninstalled it. The poorly setup installer is set to remove the install location, your Addon Scenery\scenery folder! BAD uninstaller!!

Open Windows Explores and navigate to your FSX installation. Check to see if there is the Addon Scenery folder and it's two sub-folders; scenery and texture. They won't be, that's why you're getting the error. Use Windows Explorer to add back the Addon Scenery folder and it's two sub-folders; scenery and texture. Error message should now disappear...:applause:

Moral of the story... Never use an installer that you aren't sure of to install something to a default FSX folder. Either use it to make a new folder in FSX or point the installer to a temporary folder setup for just such a purpose.

Second (non) moral of the story, don't try to utilize the Addon Scenery folder for anything. In FSX it's hit and miss if it will be recognized or not. Don't know why, just another of those "FSX-quirks"!

GT182
August 15th, 2009, 16:31
Thanks Meshman. Will check it out asap and let you know how it went.

GT182
August 15th, 2009, 18:49
Nope, it didn't fix it Mesh. No more Scenery.cfg error, but FSX still freezes up when loading.

Meshman
August 15th, 2009, 20:21
No more Scenery.cfg error,

That's the result I was working towards! :bump:

Where about's does it freeze in loading? Are you getting to the dialog box with the progress slider? If so, about what percentage does it hit before freezing? Do you recall uninstalling anything in the past couple of days and if so, what?

GT182
August 17th, 2009, 06:35
Mesh, it freezes up rith at the start of of loading screen. No progress slider or dialog at all.

harleyman
August 17th, 2009, 07:21
You might try a repair from your FSX disks..

Or after that deleting the FSX config.

Possibably the FSX scenery config(but I have no clue what that may goof up as a result)

Dangerous Beans
August 17th, 2009, 07:49
If its freezing at the FSX splash screen it could be a corrupt log book.
Do a search for fsxlogrecovery by Daniel van Os at the usual sites to fix it.

Henry
August 17th, 2009, 07:57
as there are more than one scenery cfg

and im using vista
the one in C program data microsoft fsx
115 is the addon scenery folder
the one in the root fsx is 115 reno
its more like the addon scenery folder
will fsx run without it?
there are files there as default
H

Meshman
August 17th, 2009, 09:30
Mesh, it freezes up rith at the start of of loading screen. No progress slider or dialog at all.

FSX can mess up the scenery.cfg file quite easily. I edit mine by hand and see problems time and again. Check your PMs if you want to zip up the copy and send it to me. Can try to narrow down the reasons for a crash or if you're brave, just do waht I do every few months, a fresh install just waiting for me to mess it up...:isadizzy: