PDA

View Full Version : A 1% Question

Shadow Wolf 07
August 14th, 2009, 12:06
I know Avhistory 1% planes are to be flown on Hard flight model with weapons on strongest. They tend to be a bit tougher than stock and some other planes and take more battle damage when weaps are set to normal.

Am I right in assuming that when weaps are set on normal, the bombs and torpedoes will behave (inflict damage) as stock but the 1% plane's guns/cannon will be weaker when attacking ships? If I set weaps to strongest then all the weapons will be stronger, which is what I dont want.

I'm thinking of using 1% planes in a mission against some of Usio's ships. I want the higher 1% battle damage to compensate for the increased flak and add survivability but I want a more realistic battle damage from the bombs and torps... Suggestions?

Cheers :icon29:

SW

Sarg Willy
August 14th, 2009, 17:52
Hi Shadow,,
Gona stick my foot in my mouth here ,,, but as far as I can decern ,,, the damage infliction from accessories ,,bombs ,,rockets ,, and torpedo,s ,,, is dictated from the object Dp weapons listing ,,,and these were never provided with 1% aircraft ,,, So I,m thinking your still using stock game values ,,,unless you have updated these via Pen -32 files,,,,
The 1 % files as far as I can tell only concern themselves with changes to cannon amd Mgun vrs an oposeing aircraft ,,,, That,s just my humble opion ,,,now gona put on the flak jacket and steel helmut and await the incoming !!!

Henry
August 14th, 2009, 18:04
Hi Shadow,,
Gona stick my foot in my mouth here ,,, but as far as I can decern ,,, the damage infliction from accessories ,,bombs ,,rockets ,, and torpedo,s ,,, is dictated from the object Dp weapons listing ,,,and these were never provided with 1% aircraft ,,, So I,m thinking your still using stock game values ,,,unless you have updated these via Pen -32 files,,,,
The 1 % files as far as I can tell only concern themselves with changes to cannon amd Mgun vrs an oposeing aircraft ,,,, That,s just my humble opion ,,,now gona put on the flak jacket and steel helmut and await the incoming !!!
LOL good answer
im ducking too
:running::running:
H

bearcat241
August 14th, 2009, 19:25
Battle damage is determined by the strength of system values in the aircraft, ship or infrastructure dp. Weapons strength is primarily determined by the dice in the gunstations of aircraft and droppable weapons. Now this is where things get interesting. If you set your droppable weapons and gun strength realism to normal strength in the sim's REALISM dialog, the sim will use the values stated in the dp dices. But if you increase the strength above normal, the sim will override the dp dices with an internal algorithm that magnifies weapons' effectiveness and damage.

Quote:
"Am I right in assuming that when weaps are set on normal, the bombs and torpedoes will behave (inflict damage) as stock but the 1% plane's guns/cannon will be weaker when attacking ships?"

No...they won't be any weaker. The guns and cannons will behave the same as stockers using the dice values prescribed in the 1% dp's.

Quote:
"If I set weaps to strongest then all the weapons will be stronger..."

True...the realism setting covers all weaps across the board, including AI weapons.

Quote:
"I know Avhistory 1% planes are to be flown on Hard flight model with weapons on strongest. They tend to be a bit tougher than stock and some other planes and take more battle damage when weaps are set to normal."

Its logical to assume that the reason they recommend strongest weaps setting is to compensate for the increased ruggedness of their aircraft dp's in engagements between 1% models only - an "apples to apples" concept most useful in 1% multiplay, but it also comes in handy if you're flying a stocker (the orange) against a 1% apple too. You can even the playing field a little more if your weaps are set to strongest.

In conclusion, you won't diminish your personal punch by setting weaps to normal and your survivability in the 1% dp envelope will be maintained 100%.

Shadow Wolf 07
August 15th, 2009, 03:53
Good clear explanation Bearcat241! Thank you. :ernae: Now all I need is a place from which people can download the 1% planes I'll be using in the mission. :kilroy:

Blue Devil
August 15th, 2009, 09:20
1% set the damage point values (the amount each box can absorb) 3 times higher (X3) so that when they were flown on-line at to "weapons = strongest", ...no one could turn up the weapons setting and cheat.

If you reduce the damage point values to 1/3rd in the .dp file, ...then they will be same/same with the stockers (or there abouts...) and the weapons setting can be set to Normal, ...and will work as designed on all the rest of the targets as well.

.dp file

[SYSTEMS]
system.0=%system_name.0%,43990,-30
system.1=%system_name.1%,187,-1
system.2=%system_name.2%,225,-2
system.3=%system_name.3%,270,-3
to

[SYSTEMS]
system.0=%system_name.0%,1466,-30
system.1=%system_name.1%,62,-1
system.2=%system_name.2%,75,-2
system.3=%system_name.3%,90,-3

The gunstation values vary, ...so I just set them all to a modified 1% spec.

Shadow Wolf 07
August 15th, 2009, 10:39
Thanks BD. I'm gonna leave the damage point values where they are to make the planes more surviveable against the flak from Usio's ships in the mission. :applause:

bobhegf
August 15th, 2009, 11:05
Shadow wolf, If you are going to use 1% planes as AI and are planing to have them land at an airbase don`t expect to much. You will lose about half of them on landing, the reason is the flap lift applied to the 1% AC cause them to stall early.I use the 1% Ac as a player AC and then use the stock Ac as AI. An other thing I found is that if you don`t give all the aircraft the land at base command you might find a few flying around the base insted of landing.You can mod the stockers to loop spin split S and be very hard to hit by adjusting the aircraft config file. In real life the US found that above about 200NM an hour the Zero became harder to turn then the US built AC.This is programed into CFS2.I noticed that at about 170 to 180 it was almost impossible to turn inside a stock Zero even using a 1% player F4F.In three turns the stock Zero was turning inside of me but above 200KTS it became just alittle eaiser to stay with the Zero. and at higher speeds I could hold my own in a turn with them.

Shadow Wolf 07
August 15th, 2009, 11:33
All aircraft except for the Japanese (spawned) will be carrier based. Thanks for the heads up Bob!

Blue Devil
August 15th, 2009, 13:25
Well...

Just drop these into your "EFFECTS" folder, ...and enjoy realistic flak that won't over "G" the "RealityX.cfg" of the A/C and destroy it...

...and have 30 to 50 ft. bursts, ...and "flack-splash", ...instead of the + 300 ft. stock stuff.

Delete the ".pdf" from the file name (this will convert it back into a .zip file), ...then drop the files contained inside into the EFFECTS folder.(back-Up the originals first by renaming them ".orig".

All that is left is a direct hit, ...which is adjusted in the ship's .dp file/[GunStation] section.

450 to 500 for 5in flak works good.

eg.
;5in/50(Type D)
gunstation.(n)=4,(-n),2,9.500,2775,3.00,0.20,8330,7,00,1d1*507....800

Note: Vary the bold Time-Between-Rounds value from between 9.000 and 10.000 (+/- 5%) from gun to gun, ...to give you random, scattered Flak Clouds, ...instead of sheets or walls.

And the RED Time-of-Life value from between 2.85 and 3.15 (+/- 5%) from gun to gun, ...to give the flak clouds depth, ...instead of sheets or walls.

Note.2 All the values given are are special and important, ...so make sure to paste them into every flak gun on the ship. (the (n) and (-n) values is the ones already in the gun, ...no change, ...and the "...." are the location values that don't change either. the last value is the projectile weight)

Enjoy.

Shadow Wolf 07
August 16th, 2009, 11:21
Thanks for the download and the AA tips BD! :ernae:

Blue Devil
August 19th, 2009, 09:00
Just moved it up to see if anyone has tried the Flak/gunstation mod...?

bobhegf
August 19th, 2009, 09:10
BD, just found out and have a? Did you add the flack splash to the DP file?

Blue Devil
August 20th, 2009, 08:49
BD, just found out and have a? Did you add the flack splash to the DP file?

No...

EFFECTS/
fx_flak1.fx
fx_flak2.fx
fx_flak3.fx

The DP is a three second Flak system that gives targeted random pattern flak clouds that allows lots of flak because the life of each round is short.

This system simulates calculated lead, ...something that the prog does not do.

Works great.

bobhegf
August 20th, 2009, 12:26
Thanks BD, will try them and it isn`t much of a problem to add the flak splash.