PDA

View Full Version : new buildings

brettt777
August 14th, 2009, 04:39
How do you add custom buildings to FSX? I have G-max and know pretty much how to create buildings and all, but not sure how to add them to FSX. See, I work at International Jets here at Gadsden Regional KGAD in Alabama. There is a building on the airport in FSX that is in the right place but I thought it would be cool if I could somehow replace that building with a G-max model of the correct size and shape. Maybe even add a few static L-39s sitting outside. Then all the guys that have Lotus' fine L-39 can take them there to get serviced LOL.

Kiwikat
August 14th, 2009, 04:43
See this wiki here for an excellent explanation:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Exporting_a_GMax_object_into_FSX

Even I could do it!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/whippetstorm/firstbox.jpg

falcon409
August 14th, 2009, 05:44
. . . .See, I work at International Jets here at Gadsden Regional KGAD in Alabama. There is a building on the airport in FSX that is in the right place but I thought it would be cool if I could somehow replace that building with a G-max model of the correct size and shape. Maybe even add a few static L-39s sitting outside. Then all the guys that have Lotus' fine L-39 can take them there to get serviced LOL.
Hi Brett,
You know Richard Hess then I assume. He stopped at North Texas Regional a few months back while bringing an L-39 back to Gadsden for an overhaul. Real nice guy. Let him know that the Air1 FBO he stopped at is no longer in business, lol. I lost my job a week ago to the failings of the owner (he filed bankruptcy).

Anyway, tell him I said hi.

Lionheart
August 14th, 2009, 08:05
Dang! That is an 'all female' Borg Cube landing craft in designer purple, whose primary function is to go out shopping on far off worlds, and cruising for the best Margarita's.

Impressive!

brettt777
August 15th, 2009, 06:41
Hi Brett,
You know Richard Hess then I assume. He stopped at North Texas Regional a few months back while bringing an L-39 back to Gadsden for an overhaul. Real nice guy. Let him know that the Air1 FBO he stopped at is no longer in business, lol. I lost my job a week ago to the failings of the owner (he filed bankruptcy).

Anyway, tell him I said hi.

Rich Hess? Yeah I've heard of him LOL. Yes he is our owner. Good guy and exceptional pilot. I'll tell him you said hi.

cheezyflier
August 15th, 2009, 09:55
Dang! That is an 'all female' Borg Cube landing craft in designer purple, whose primary function is to go out shopping on far off worlds, and cruising for the best Margarita's.

Impressive!

:icon_lol: i got a good laugh from that :applause:

MudMarine
August 15th, 2009, 10:48

Impressive!

Just don't let the "old lady" see that post........next thing you'll know it'll be shopping time!:icon_lol:

jdhaenens
August 15th, 2009, 13:06
This about what you're looking for Brett? I had similar hangers in my KPWA Scenery. PM me if you want it.

Jim