PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR 5.0 Software for Ir 4 and 5

jimjones
August 14th, 2009, 03:36
Received an email announcing TrackIR 5.0 software for TrackIR 4 Pro and TrackIR5. I have TrackIR 4 Pro and really like the new interface. The main view shown here is like being inside an annotated sphere.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/jimjones_04/trackir50.jpg

Only tried the default settings and achieved better results than with ones with previous software and personalized settings. 180 deg to back seems better. Looking down about the same as b/4 but needs improvement. Perhaps I can ajust this better.

Camera view shows in red other light sources that could cause problems, but the torch light that shows in the camera view in the above pic did not interfere with trackir 4 and fsx operation. Previous to the new software the torch light needed to be turned off for correct operation.

jimjones
August 14th, 2009, 03:46
Here is the link:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-support/support-download-software-and-manuals.html

falcon409
August 14th, 2009, 05:55
Honestly, I tried this back while it was still in the beta form and didn't care for it at all really. I thought the overall look of the interface was pretty cool, but for me. . .the more complex it get's the worse the results, lol. Kinda like NHancer, if you don't understand the inner working of your Video Card, that program can cause more problems than it fixes. The same with this new interface for TrackIR. I'm still running the last full version and all I did in that after loading the default Flightsim profile was to smooth all the axis profiles. Tweaking does me no good at all, lol.

Kavehpd
August 14th, 2009, 06:01
Thanks for the heads up. Downloading now.

jimjones
August 14th, 2009, 06:30
Honestly, I tried this back while it was still in the beta form and didn't care for it at all really. I thought the overall look of the interface was pretty cool, but for me. . .the more complex it get's the worse the results, lol. Kinda like NHancer, if you don't understand the inner working of your Video Card, that program can cause more problems than it fixes. The same with this new interface for TrackIR. I'm still running the last full version and all I did in that after loading the default Flightsim profile was to smooth all the axis profiles. Tweaking does me no good at all, lol.

I suppose I was lucky, I did not need to delve into the hard details of the program. I found that the full screen interface on startup allows easy adjustment of the hat reflectors and trackir camera to center the image before entering fsx a real help to proper adjustment. The default settings worked very well for me, so any adjustment was very minimal and was to the head gear and camera only. That probably should be done each time entering fsx for optimal performance anyway. When you start up the interface you are presented with what is seen in the pic above, and gives you an idea if anything is amiss and needs adjustment. The adjustments I'm speaking of are physical, not software, and quite intuitive and changes immediately show in the interface.:jump:

arrowmaker
August 19th, 2009, 01:58
I've just installed the v5 software for use with my track ir4 and it seems to work fine. Personally I've never really found the need to adjust any settings and find that the defaults work just fine. It would be nice to also have the v5 hardware but I'm certainly not going to get it just to get some minor improvements over the current v4. However if I had an earlier version than the one I currently use then buying the latest edition would be a serious consideration.

limjack
August 19th, 2009, 06:24
Thanks, will give it a shot.

Jim

Henry
August 19th, 2009, 06:46
Thanks for the HU
although my pc room has lots of windows
and its hard to get it correct
but i will give it a try
H

falcon409
August 19th, 2009, 07:20
Thanks for the HU, although my pc room has lots of windows and its hard to get it correct, but i will give it a try
H
One word Henry. . ."Plywood", lol

jimjones
August 19th, 2009, 08:44
I've got cardboard over my one windowed room and a heavy drape covering that. Looks bad from outside, but it is on the 2nd story and faces the backyard where it should not bother the neighbors too much.

Use an adjustable torch light, so I can turn down the light intensity. This combo works great day or night.

modelr
August 19th, 2009, 10:09
I like the new software. After adjusting the camera and hat clip, just a little smoothing and all my jerkyness was gone. Doesn't get the broken neck problem near as often, now. My range of motion seems much greater, also.