PDA

View Full Version : Infamous I-68/I-168

Tango_Romeo
October 21st, 2008, 18:35
I've recently laid the keel for a new model of the infamous I-68 Japanese sub that inflicted serious damage to the US Navy during the war. She was 336' aggressive long range trouble. And besides...Sully needs a Japanese sub for the 'player boat' fleet. :d

Jagdflieger
October 21st, 2008, 18:38
Great idea TR. A few new IJN subs will help out nicely.

OBIO
October 21st, 2008, 18:45
Looks great Tango. How about a nice 14 foot, flat bottom duck hunting boat. And maybe a flock of Mallards or Canada Geese to go with it.

OBIO

Good_2_Be
October 21st, 2008, 19:02
The dreaded I-168, responsible for the sinking of U.S.S. Hammann and U.S.S. Yorktown at Midway, Seems these waters are getting a bit dangerous, nice looking work TR :applause:

Tango_Romeo
October 21st, 2008, 19:53
Looks great Tango. How about a nice 14 foot, flat bottom duck hunting boat. And maybe a flock of Mallards or Canada Geese to go with it.

OBIO

...you get wind of my next project? Have you been hacking my network again? :costumes::costumes:

I'm just perfecting the WEP_12_Gauge. The boat's done, but the AIR file for the multi-duck aircraft is giving me some problems! :isadizzy:

Tango_Romeo
October 22nd, 2008, 01:05
...along nicely. But I gotta take a break on this one as Sully just finished the files for the player version of the VII boat. Gotta put the package together. :running:

hewman100
October 22nd, 2008, 02:14
German and Japanese. Great stuff T_R!

Could I ask for a British boat to go along with them?

I know we have Brunos very fine U Class, but a T Class would be nice too

miamieagle
October 22nd, 2008, 04:40
Bring it on!

Thank you body!:wavey:

Tango_Romeo
October 22nd, 2008, 09:23
German and Japanese. Great stuff T_R!

Could I ask for a British boat to go along with them?

I know we have Brunos very fine U Class, but a T Class would be nice too

...had submarines? OMG...I must consult Collin! :costumes::costumes:

I have been thinking a bit about a T Class boat, but they're so damned ugly! But I have found the S Class Brit subs that are roughly equivalent to the German VII and that I am putting on the list after the I-68. The Brit S boats served in both the European and Pacific theatres. See a shot of HM S/M Strategem...and I will probably do HM S/M Stygian. :ernae:

Tango_Romeo
October 22nd, 2008, 23:13
The I-68 model is now complete and awaits only a good texture job. If any painters out there want to send me a skin, I'll apply it. Otherwise, we're just stuck with my mediocrity. :costumes:

Tango_Romeo
October 24th, 2008, 01:32
The I-68, now I-88 is complete. I'll try to get her posted shortly. I'm very happy with how she turned out....even the texture looks pretty good (for a paintbrush jerk like myself). :wavey:

Jaxon
October 24th, 2008, 01:49
I agree - very nice!

Poor virtual Yorktown. Seems she is going to meet her virtual fate soon.

History repeats, lol!

Tango_Romeo
October 24th, 2008, 02:44
She should be up tomorrow......depending on what Ickie does with the site. :isadizzy:

Tango_Romeo
October 24th, 2008, 02:56
I agree - very nice!

Poor virtual Yorktown. Seems she is going to meet her virtual fate soon.

History repeats, lol!

I've got one more boat to do for the Brits....and then I will upgrade the VII boat with your suggestions...plus some texture improvement. :ernae:

gedm
October 24th, 2008, 09:32
Tango, great sub work...err...I mean great work on the sub's. I always thought we had a paucity of representation for the submariners.

Thank you!

:ernae:

xavierb
October 24th, 2008, 14:29
Thanks, Tango-Romeo. A must for the Pacific Theater fleet.