PDA

View Full Version : WIP_Islesboro 57B

falcon409
August 13th, 2009, 09:22
Just off the coast of Main near Belfast. This is my first stab at photoreal scenery using SBuilderX. Actually, once you get the steps down, not too hard really. More of a trick though to get the final "map" to integrate into the scenery in FSX. Coloration is different, so you have to play with it a bit to get it close enough so that it doesn't look out of place. After that. . .trees, lots and lots of trees, lol. This should be done and ready to upload this afternoon.

Flyboy208
August 13th, 2009, 09:32
Your scenery is looking great Falcon. Is the program you are using to design it free?

Mike :applause:

Matt Wynn
August 13th, 2009, 09:38
SBuilderX is free yes, also Airport Design Editor is good, allows blast fence and perimeter fence placement... generally i use SBuilder X to sort the ground and ADE for fencing.... Falcom may do the same or he may do it all in SBX, almost forgot looking great Falcon

CG_1976
August 13th, 2009, 09:38
Your doing way better then me using SBuilderX. It is looking good:medals: and will make a nice flight for me from miller:icon29:. By the way I liked the Miller Field Billboard.

falcon409
August 13th, 2009, 10:25
Done! All I have to do now is package it. The trees are all default and some of the scenery objects as well. I used three addon libraries which I have to collect and package as well. Hopefully I can get it all done by this evening sometime. Douglas sent me the password I needed to upload here at SOH, so I'll get it done ASAP.

Matt Wynn
August 13th, 2009, 10:37
looks great falcon, is there a tut for photoreal anywhere?

falcon409
August 13th, 2009, 10:50
looks great falcon, is there a tut for photoreal anywhere?
Smoothie, there is a very limited tutorial in the help menu inside SBuilderX, that's where I got the basic info to know how to load the tiles for the area I was working on and then convert to a map and then complile the final work as a bgl.

falcon409
August 13th, 2009, 11:14
Ok, here's the quick link:

http://www.box.net/shared/static/qaxexaliaa.zip

I'll get it uploaded to SOH when I get more time, gotta git for now. This should be easy to install. There three addon objects used so the bgl and corresponding xml file go into either the addonscenery/scenery folder or however you choose to install those. . . .the bmp files go into the texture folder under the addon scenery folder (or wherever you place yours) and finally, there is the Isleboro.bgl file and the AFX_57B.bgl file that must both go into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
This is strictly an FSX/Accel scenery it will not work in FS9.

Enjoy!!

Matt Wynn
August 13th, 2009, 11:14
righto, cheers falcon :ernae:

bkeske
August 13th, 2009, 12:25
Looks fantastic! Nice job falcon.

Dexdoggy
August 13th, 2009, 13:25
That looks like a sweet place to fly out of, looking forward to it!

MCDesigns
August 13th, 2009, 13:34
VERY NICE man!!! Nice integration into the default! :ernae:

falcon409
August 13th, 2009, 15:54
Thanks Michael, The blends are a bit of a hill to climb and get right, but lots of trees help to cover some of the hard lines too, lol. I am liking the look though.