PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Seaplane News!

Railrunner130
October 21st, 2008, 18:28
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=busav&id=news/SEA10168.xml

A little food for thought. :applause:

OBIO
October 21st, 2008, 18:52
Sweet! Sea planes are so cool and have been amongst my favorites since I was a kid. Have never actually seen one in person...but I sure like using them in CFS2.

OBIO

cheezyflier
October 21st, 2008, 19:42
as much as i enjoy amphibs, i would really like to see someone manufacture a flying boat like the pby, short solent or sunderland. they were cool

Joe P
October 21st, 2008, 19:54
Excellent! They're going to build the Seastar! :jump::jump:

CG_1976
October 21st, 2008, 19:56
Ah and N.Carolina compony is building the Goose and Goat.:applause:

Railrunner130
October 22nd, 2008, 18:03
If I had untold millions of cash, I'd seriously look at manufacturing Boeing 314 Clippers and/or Short Empires. There would be some modernizations, but only comfort, safety and efficiency related. Darn they were awesome airplanes. The Catalina would also be on the list. Most likely, the Cat or something smaller would be in production first, just to get the production processes down, our name out there and the cash flowing in.

cheezyflier
October 22nd, 2008, 18:22
If I had untold millions of cash, I'd seriously look at manufacturing Boeing 314 Clippers and/or Short Empires. There would be some modernizations, but only comfort, safety and efficiency related. Darn they were awesome airplanes. The Catalina would also be on the list. Most likely, the Cat or something smaller would be in production first, just to get the production processes down, our name out there and the cash flowing in.

if you did that, i would TOTALLY INVITE YOU to be my new best friend.:wavey: