PDA

View Full Version : Seeing how lost I can get....

Willy
August 12th, 2009, 23:32
I got tired of flying around the UK rather aimlessly and decided it was time to stretch the Spitfire XIX's wings a bit and go international. Not by much on this first leg though. I took off from Croydon Aerodrome in London with a quick stop at Merc Air's HQ in the sleepy village of Rochford to pick up some personal items for the trip and to top off the fuel tanks.

Then it was a short hop across the Channel to Ostende Belgium. I lived just up the coast in De Haan for a couple of years and thought I'd visit a few of the local pubs there.

Next up I'll head south a bit to cross the Alps although I'm not sure what airports will be involved yet. I'm basically following my nose here with a general idea of which way to go.

cheezyflier
August 13th, 2009, 07:45
beter be careful doing that. i have foundmyself halfway across the globe that way :icon_lol:

cool pics:applause:

Willy
August 13th, 2009, 19:57
Got tired of pub hopping on the Belgian Riviera, so I packed back up and headed southeast towards Switzerland. I decided to go to a place that's near and dear to the hearts of many of the old school CFS 1 online crowd, Interlaken (LSMI). There was many a online furball fought in those skies. And it's still a nice place to fly in and out of in FS. Anyways it was a nice little flight at cruise speed.

I'm thinking about heading next to a nice little airport in the Italian Alps. Might have to do some ridge hopping on the way there.

Wild Bill Kelso
August 14th, 2009, 06:33
I see your Spit is also equipped with some avionic upgrades, Willy!
It's nicer not to get lost underway, isn't it?

This is how mine comes along:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/spit_bentwaters.jpg

Custom 2D widescreen panel, basing on a screenshot of the WoP Spitfire I VC. Some gauges taken from the spare parts bucket...

The scenery is the terrific RAF Bentwaters (ACG Twin Bases).

Nice place to work in, isn't it? :jump:

Cheers,
Markus.

Willy
August 14th, 2009, 13:03
Actually, this Spitfire is my main ride for the annual RTW race, so I threw the kitchen sink at the panel. This flight is more about staying current with the Spit than anything else. It can bite very easily on landings if I'm a little rusty with it.