PDA

View Full Version : RE: New photos of 65th Anniversery of the Normandy Invasion

brad kaste
August 12th, 2009, 15:24
Some photos you'll be familiar with,....others (maybe) not.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2009/06/05/the-65th-anniversary-of-d-day-on-the-normandy-beaches/

Quicksand
August 12th, 2009, 16:36
Thanks for posting, Brad. I had, in my family, relatives on both sides that fateful day. May God grant them all rest..:medals::medals::medals:

Crusader
August 12th, 2009, 16:38
Great Pics . Very moving . I had an uncle who made the jump into Normandy with "B" Company , First Balttalion , 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment , 101st Airborne Division- "Screaming Eagles":medals:

Rich

stiz
August 13th, 2009, 00:22
great pics :applause:

they really pounded Pointe du Hoc!

anyone know what planes are in pic 4?? i first thought halifax, but the engines are mounted to high as are the exhausts, looks like a stirling but the nose doesnt look long enough, lanc didnt do airborne ops, b17, b24 are out as are most american bombers (wrong camo) .. gah this is gonna bug me all day now ...

BTW, click on the picture, then click again when you get the next again and you get the original high rez pic :)

HundertzehnGustav
August 13th, 2009, 02:58
Stirling, Stiz, Stirling!
They Towed gliders, and the winngs are shotr but thick... look at the glazed nose, the Bombardiers position and the Gear, the Height of the entire machine compared to the men.

That all screams STIRLING to me...
:ernae:

Snuffy
August 13th, 2009, 03:02
Great Link!

Thanks for sharing! :ernae:

stiz
August 13th, 2009, 03:12
Stirling, Stiz, Stirling!
They Towed gliders, and the winngs are shotr but thick... look at the glazed nose, the Bombardiers position and the Gear, the Height of the entire machine compared to the men.

That all screams STIRLING to me...
:ernae:

nose doesnt look anywhere near long enough, must be the angle, nice shot non the less :jump: