PDA

View Full Version : Missing planes... Again!!!

zeke
August 12th, 2009, 11:42
Hello there. I'm sorry to bring up this matter again but I'm running out of options, here!! Jagdflieger and Bearcat241: thanks a lot for your hints about using CFS2QCFG but The Devastator (OH) just refuses to show up! I really don't understand...The directory path and the name inside qc_plane file (inside QUICKCOM) matches the folder's name I have on my AIRCRAFT list.. Why the hell it doesn't show, I don't know. All my KM Ju 88's were missing too (and everything was well with the files, nothing missing) but after trying a fresh install.., the few I reinstalled started to show... It's a freaking mistery... HELP, somebody??

bearcat241
August 12th, 2009, 14:53
You may be experiencing nomenclature conflicts in the sim's programming. Sometimes this occurs when two or more models have names common or similar to stockers and the sim gets a little confused in its data management. Open the QC file again your new editor and remove all Devastators, including the default stocker. You select one model, hit the "Clear" button and wait for it to finish. Then do the next. When finished hit the "Apply" button and close the proggy. Now open the AIRCRAFT folder and rename the stocker's folder to "TBD1_DEVASTATOR_MS". Open the stocker's aircraft.cfg with notepad and rename the title as "TBD-1 Devastator_MS".

Now rename the OH Devastator's folder as "TBD1_DEVASTATOR" and its cfg title as "TBD-1 Devastator_OH". Open the editor again and reinstall both models using categories 3,4 and 5 at the top of the list (select all three "cats" at once). Use the Apply button to finish each installation.

From now on, the sim will load the OH as the default stocker whenever the stocker is called up, but in the QC and FF selection window it will be easily distinguishable from the original stocker in the list by its "*_OH" suffix.

I can only assume that something similar would help the Ju-88's. Maybe the folders or the aircraft.cfg titles are too similar to another conflicting Ju-88 model.