PDA

View Full Version : New Hellcat sounds.. ;)

Smudge
August 10th, 2009, 23:10
Yes yes, I know it's blatant advertising, but if I didn't do it, who would.. ;)

Anyway, I just finished off the final touches on our new soundpack for the F-6F Hellcat. Truth be told, I've tested it in Dean's Hellcat (Realflight.co.uk), but it should work with many different aircraft..

It works on the IRIS P-40 and the A2A Corsair from what I've been told too..

I like it, but I'm biased.. :) You guys judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af76_Q-wQto&hd=1

:ernae:

Nick C
August 10th, 2009, 23:45
They sound great David. :applause:

Smudge
August 10th, 2009, 23:49
Thanks Nick.

I have to say making sounds is a lot quicker than making planes! lol.

Makes a nice change to the norm.

Nick C
August 11th, 2009, 01:10
I bet, I like the 'ambient' airport sounds...so which of your recording team is getting sacked for catching the plane passing on tape? :173go1::d

Smudge
August 11th, 2009, 01:20
Lol, that would be my clever editing...sit there long enough and you get helo's passing overhead too.. :D hehe...

Simmarket, FSPilotshop and Flightsimstore should have them up within the next 24 hours or so. :)

DB.

Cobra8472
August 11th, 2009, 01:24
Awesome!

Smudge
August 11th, 2009, 03:02
Nicholas, just wait till you hear the Dauntless sounds.. ;) These have given me a good grounding on how to plan Dean's soundpack for the SBD. The audio recordings he's given me are superb to work from.

Alexraptor
August 11th, 2009, 07:27
Sweet sounds!
let me know when you guys decide to make a FSX native Daimler-Benz DB605B sound set so i can stick it on the new J-21 :)

2Low
August 11th, 2009, 08:10
Oh my Dog, yes! That sounds terrific, I'll purchase as soon as available.

If you do make a DB605B sound set I'd get it to. Piglet's J-21 is a hoot and a half.

Edit- It's up now at The Pilot Shop, downloading now:jump:.

Edit #2 - Thanks Iris, although I thought it sounded good before it sounds great now! Very easy install and quite affordable to boot.

RobH
August 11th, 2009, 14:29
Just got the sound pack and it is incredible! Thank you very much Smudge!:ernae:

The flyby is awesome! :applause:

Scratch
August 11th, 2009, 14:34
Awesome job!!!:ernae:

Smudge
August 11th, 2009, 14:37
Thanks guys.. :) Much appreciated. Soundpacks are new territory for me so feedback is important.. :)

Cazzie
August 12th, 2009, 03:04
And at a good price! Thanks smudge, going out for my morning walk, will have to purchase and download those later for sure.

Caz

MudMarine
August 12th, 2009, 05:09
WOW!! Outstanding sound set! Really gives the kitty a purrrr!!

alpine
August 13th, 2009, 07:58
So great! ...and I was so happy with Lawdogs cf2 Corsair and Hellcatsounds last week, but thats even better. One thing I´m still missing (sorry!), is that rumble and splatter, that causes shivers down my spine at airshows, when the warbird cimbs into the sky after a fast pass. Not sure if you know what I´m talking about, but Aerosofts Hughes H-1 makes that sounds...(partly).

Cheers,Thilo

Txmmy83
August 13th, 2009, 08:40
Thanks guys.. :) Much appreciated. Soundpacks are new territory for me so feedback is important.. :)

and it seems to be a good territory:icon29:

BR
Tom

Shylock
August 13th, 2009, 12:26
lmao wow this sounds amazing great job

Smudge
August 13th, 2009, 15:21
So great! ...and I was so happy with Lawdogs cf2 Corsair and Hellcatsounds last week, but thats even better. One thing I´m still missing (sorry!), is that rumble and splatter, that causes shivers down my spine at airshows, when the warbird cimbs into the sky after a fast pass. Not sure if you know what I´m talking about, but Aerosofts Hughes H-1 makes that sounds...(partly).

Cheers,Thilo

Yep I know what you're on about... After doing the Hellcat sounds, we've been doing the sounds for the upcoming Realflight Dauntless, and I've learned a few new tricks which will make their way across to the Hellcat in a hotfix.

alpine
August 14th, 2009, 06:15
Hey Smudge, now I`m really excited! Can`t wait!

Cheers, Thilo