PDA

View Full Version : What would you say about fly-in?

anatolpopov
August 10th, 2009, 08:57
:icon_lol:It's all said in title. Almost.

Are you interested to come the FSX fly-in (Multiplayer)? Not now, but maybe in future (end of this week, Fri, Sat or Sunday, MAYBE)

I have almost finished scenery of "My place", this time in Switzerland (sorry if I wrote it wrong). (I don't have any place IRL there)

I'd like organise fly-in there if somebody is coming. I will put map and help how to get there later (and upload scenery somewhere of course).

"My Place"
You almost must have STOL aircraft to get there (or VTOL, why not :icon_lol:). Of course helicopter is always good decision, and you can get there with float or seaplane (or boat if you want)

It could be fun if we can organise this kind of fly in every week end, twice of month, once of month or sometimes :cool:
Always in different places but always with same theme, "My place fly-in".
Somebody does his/her place (maybe dream of his own place, or some field where is fun to fly).

What you say?
Yeah, I have poor English, but what you say about fly-in?
Here you can see pics of My place
PS. There is also fuel available :)

falcon409
August 10th, 2009, 09:06
Sounds interesting. What airports are close to yours that we could originate from? Is this a current FSX airport that you're building up or is it a new airport from scratch?

anatolpopov
August 10th, 2009, 09:34
This is field come from my head, it has nothing to do IRL.

Take a look for first post. I will put maps in there now.

Send me PM or write here if you are coming. I think fly in will be in this weekend and I'll upload this scenery somewhere before that

falcon409
August 10th, 2009, 11:15
Ok, nothing wrong with designing your own. I also see that you're relatively close to quite a few other airports, so that gives me someplace to start from and that's great. I have a quite a few of the Suisse Airports enhancements. I'll keep watching for the scenery.

cheezyflier
August 10th, 2009, 15:04
that would be fun, but i couldn't make it this weekend. maybe next time.

CG_1976
August 10th, 2009, 15:54
If my ISP wouldnt be stingy Id bring the Finland Border Guard Kodiak for a visit.
Ok i checked Sunday is good for me pm me time and date.

anatolpopov
August 11th, 2009, 04:46
I will post here date and time in this topic when fly-in is closer.

I think I'll create server and put it on friday, (maybe also saturday) and sunday for couple hours ?

I will also post scenery files here, it's not big package.

If we run this in my place for 2 weeks so we can get this started? Somebody else can also do his place, it's okay to me.

BTW; If you have some mesh scenery installed, I don't know how it works. So I think it's better turn it off for fly-in.

http://walhalla.mine.nu/fsx/switzerland.html there is 2 mesh sceneries? Which one is better? I will try them and then report here.

anatolpopov
August 11th, 2009, 06:13
News!

I installed this (http://c30s.alpes.gratisim.fr/) mesh, and my place isn't flyable anymore. But because views is so much better now, I did new place. Maybe it's better. I will post screenies and map later

falcon409
August 11th, 2009, 06:16
News!
I installed this (http://c30s.alpes.gratisim.fr/) mesh, and my place isn't flyable anymore. But because views is so much better now, I did new place. Maybe it's better. I will post screenies and map later
Yep, that will happen when mesh changes the altitude setting for your airport, all you really need to do is get the correct altitude for the new mesh and change your settings for the rwy and flatten to coincide and everything will be where it needs to be.

anatolpopov
August 11th, 2009, 09:55
:kilroy:Yep, but I think that those flatten airstrips are boring

I have some problems with that Switzerland, is it okay to remove the fly-in to somewhere else (I think best of the places is now Finland :monkies:)

Or should we do it in somewhere else, in real airport what have already scenery, example that Idaho one (in another topic I noticed)