PDA

View Full Version : The Last Gun Fighter...The F8 Crusader

casey jones
October 21st, 2008, 13:46
I was watching my tapes of "Dog Fights" last night of the Last Gun Fighter...the F8 without question caused the NVA Mig 17 pilots to pee in their pants or flight suits. Tyhe Mig 17 had a very tough time trying to outturn the F8...I hope when the new Air Vietnam War Campain comes out it will have the F8.

Cheers

Casey:applause:

Tango_Romeo
October 21st, 2008, 14:42
....there'll be an F8. :ernae:

You'll find a number of nice ones posted here on SOH and at SimV.....the AlphaSim versions are quite good.

Crusader
October 21st, 2008, 16:18
I'm alittle partial to this one : (FS2004)

(AlphaSim's as mentioned above)

Rich:ernae:

Dirtman
October 21st, 2008, 16:34
I saw the same episode .... AWESOME EH?

Fear not CJ; the F8 is well represented in Vietnam-4-CFS2

Not only the flyable plane (1st pic - beta version aboard VN's Coral Sea) but also in Mercure's brilliant revolving screen packs.

Every time you open the sim; the splash, loading & alert screens will be different .... How cool is that? :jump:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Crusader
October 21st, 2008, 16:59
Thinking of reloading CFS2 after a long absense . I finally have a comp that makes FS9 and CFS3 scream . ( Not FSX of coarse).
CFS2 was a long time favorite . I'm totally intrigued by Vietnam-4-CFS2:ernae: Questions: What exacting is it and a rough estimate of when it might be out ? Is it like CFS3 PTO ? (Which is very good by the way)

Since it involves the F8 you might have a very loyal future user "

Rich:ernae:(Avatar and pics depict my old unit in Vietnam , VMFA(AW)-235 "Death Angels" . We flew the F8-U's

Tango_Romeo
October 21st, 2008, 19:59
....the FSDS source file for this one....and I have it! I might have to do some mods....hopefully improvements over the original. MUUUUUUUHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAAAAAA! :male:

Dirtman
October 23rd, 2008, 11:14
I'm totally intrigued by Vietnam-4-CFS2:ernae: Questions: What exacting is it

A completely changed & update version of CFS2. Built as a stand-alone / Vietnam specific sim. Incorporating many new technologies & innovations developed over the past few years. The VN team is also presently working in a variety of different areas to solve some old & new problems.

Upon opening the sim you will see very few thing that resemble the stock CFS2. Virtually everything will be changed right down to the buttons on the screens. About the only things unaltered will be the source code, engine, basic command & file structure. Almost all traces of WW2 have been removed.

It will support: air, sea & land combat; plus be the first theater for the use of helicopters in an offensive role.

There are times when I'd like to call it CFS4 because it is so different & new. In essence it is a complete sim;

and a rough estimate of when it might be out ?

GOOD QUESTION!! :isadizzy: The project officially began in Jan.2008. I had estimated June-July 08 for upload. Wishful thinking I guess :redf:.

This is a huge project. The initial release will be the basic sim package and a reworked USAF campaign "Rolling Thunder".
USN, NVAF, US Army, USMC & "Brown Water" Navy campaigns to follow. (the release sequence of the last 3 is yet to be determined)

When? .. More than 2 months & less than a year :costumes: :costumes: :costumes:

There are still many things left to finish, test & tweak although the second generation beta version (V2.0) is looking very good right now.

Is it like CFS3 PTO ? (Which is very good by the way)

Can't answer this; I have never seen CFS3 PTO. :redf: :redf:

I've only spent a limited time in CFS3 & don't know it very well.
VN will still be CFS2 style graphics; but cleaner & more detailed.

Since it involves the F8 you might have a very loyal future user "
Rich:ernae:(Avatar and pics depict my old unit in Vietnam , VMFA(AW)-235 "Death Angels" . We flew the F8-U's

All basic aircraft models used by all the primary combatants will be included in the basic sim package. (about 28?)

Installing campaigns will be quick & easy. The basic V-4-CFS2 package includes everything needed except the campaign/mission files.

Even without the missions; all aircraft are available in QC & FF. As are the major bases for both south & north.

Here are a couple of beta screens ..... looks a bit different eh?

Dirtman
October 23rd, 2008, 15:34
I posted this during the hack but it didn't move back to the 1st page

Crusader
October 23rd, 2008, 16:09
Thanks Dirtman for the very detailed explanation . All of us "Old timers":costumes:
appreciate everyones hard work to make this a reality . Really looking forward to this as I'm sure many , many others .

Rich :ernae:

bearcat241
October 23rd, 2008, 21:44
Ready, willing and... waiting

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/bearcat241/Demo%20shots/0015.jpg

Stirlitz
October 24th, 2008, 08:00
Please forgive my curiosity, but are there going to be heat-seeking and radar homing air-to-air missiles in Vietnam-4-CFS2? Or is it going to be guns only as far as aerial combat is concerned? After all out of 19 MiGs shot down over Vietnam by the "last gunfighters" only three fell victim to gunfire, the rest having been downed by Sidewinders.

Dirtman
October 24th, 2008, 10:17
Yo Stirlitz;

Ahhh the age-old question.......

NO; The CFS2 engine will not support these functions.

However .... Tango has developed a SAM with a proximity fuse. It's the best we've come up with at this time ..... but NOT the end of the VN teams quest to make this the best thing since sliced bread, bottled beer & women with ..... oops can't say that here :redf: .

Tango has also produced (cuz he's a freakin genius!!) an A2A Sidewinder using the SAM2 technology.

Guns still rule the day for now. But maybe not forever?

Just remember one thing: there will be much more to VN than jet to jet combat ..... wait & see......:kilroy:

Conversely; if shooting "locked-on" missiles is of the utmost importance to you (or anyone else) then perhaps what we are building will be of little interest to you. There are other sims that allow this function.

Wishing You All The Best Mate; & thanks for your interest in Vietman-4-CFS2.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Captain Tenneal
October 24th, 2008, 13:25
and a rough estimate of when it might be out ?

When? ...........I'm betting .............."TWO WEEKS"

:costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes: :costumes:

hewman100
October 25th, 2008, 01:38
Arriving on a Tuesday?:d