PDA

View Full Version : Sikorsky S-51 Update???

Mick
August 9th, 2009, 05:02
Wasn't someone (was it OBIO?) working on an update of Greg Pepper's old Sikorsky S-51 / HO3S / H-5 Dragonfly?

What ever happened to that?

I thought I might have a paint or two to contribute...

t.creed
August 9th, 2009, 08:07
thanks Mick..i was awaiting the update also..don-t think we-ve missed it...maybe thou..

rgds
t.creed

OBIO
August 9th, 2009, 08:48
Yep, t'was me working on the update to the S-51. The MDL has been tweaked for full reflective texturing, Michael Davies did up a super duper flight dynamics package for the whirly bird that makes it fly and hover as sweetly as the Alpha Sim S-55 (he did the FDE for that chopper as well). I have a number of skins done, just need to rework them for reflective texturing (well, at least the bare metal ones).

As tends to happen frequently with me, AADD (Adult Attention Deficient Disorder) kicked in and the S-51 got set aside as I began working on numberous other projects. If you gents could see the pile of projects that I have going, it would boggle your minds.

OBIO

WarHorse47
August 9th, 2009, 09:49
Darn A2D2. :sleep:

--WH

Mick
August 9th, 2009, 15:33
Well, I sure hope it comes together. That's such a cool looking old chopper, even in its original version I love it. An update would be really neat.

There was a movie about Navy HO3Ss doing rescue work in the Korean War; I can't remember the name of it. And I have a recollection of sitting in a theater as a kid, watching an HO3S making a forced landing in some sort of lost world with dinosaurs and stuff. And of course, there was the Daily Planet's S-51 news chopper...

It's interesting to note that the S-51 and the Bell 47 were more or less contemporaries. The Bell 47 is still in commercial service, while the S-51 has been a museum piece for going on half a century.

Tom Clayton
August 10th, 2009, 06:52
I know how it is with ADD. All too often I'll...

Hey look - there's a plane flying over!

I need a snack...

What was I saying? Oh well, see ya later...:isadizzy: