PDA

View Full Version : Buddha13 Help

bobhegf
August 8th, 2009, 21:15
I downloaded your conversion of the kingfisher.It flies great and I really like it ,thanks for the work you did. Iam however having a small problem I am not able to solve on my own.I keep getting a CDT everytime I try to use it as an AI.I can use it as infrastructure with no problem but not as an AI.I also have your land version and the samething happens.Can you help me.The reason I need them is because I am redoing my US Training mission and the land version was used to teach formation and insterment flying.

bearcat241
August 9th, 2009, 02:56
Its the lightstates in the mdl that's causing this. You can elect to disable them manually by hexing the mdl or use MDLC 1.90. Its programmed to automatically disable lightstates in CFS2 conversions. Even though you're dealing with an existing conversion and not a newly proposed FS candidate, you can still run the converter in the Mk_mdlc shell to fix animation again or re-size the collision bubble of the mdl. These exercises will force MDLC 1.90 to deal with the lightstates also.

bobhegf
August 9th, 2009, 06:16
Where can I get MDLC. I have never used it but I am willing to try.

bearcat241
August 9th, 2009, 06:41
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=archisoft

bobhegf
August 9th, 2009, 07:54
Thanks I will try to figure out how to use later today.

bobhegf
August 9th, 2009, 07:59
I am still running win98se and MDLC doesn`t work with it.

bearcat241
August 9th, 2009, 11:10
Sure it does...its a Windows DOS based program. Any DOS based proggy will work in Win95/98 systems. You just have to install it correctly. After unzipping all the files to a new folder on your C drive called MDLC, you also drop all the files in the Windows\System folder. But do the system folder drop after editing the mdlc.ini file. Open it up and change the startup location at the top line to:

[START_UP]
MdlcPath=C:\MDLC

The only file not needed in the system folder is the Mk_mdlc.exe shell program. You can find it under Morton's downloads.