PDA

View Full Version : KSDL Scottsdale, AZ

kjb
August 8th, 2009, 14:06
I've attached a few screen shots of my next project. It includes a small hi-res photo scenery that can be used alone or over Megascenery Phoenix. There are a few buildings in place, including Scottsdale Hangar One (http://www.scottsdalehangar1.com/) which has a large paper airplane above the roof.

KARR Aurora, IL is almost done. There are screen shots on my site.

Lionheart
August 8th, 2009, 14:14
Looks awesome KJB. I was just at Scottsdale 2 days ago having lunch in the terminal. Great airport.

It looks like that with all the buildings. Tons of businesses in that area, all around the airport.

harleyman
August 8th, 2009, 14:23
I know Lionheart is now drooling....LOL

Great looking scenery ...:applause:

MCDesigns
August 8th, 2009, 14:31
:ernae::ernae::ernae:

Scratch
August 8th, 2009, 15:00
Hot Dang!!!!!!!!! That's where my sister lives, now I have a nice airport to fly in to:ernae: Nice job:applause:

crashaz
August 8th, 2009, 16:07
WoW!! Looks like the real thing! I have been all over that airport and area!

kjb
August 8th, 2009, 18:59
It's changed a lot since I lived there. My dad had a 172 there in the late 60s. Scottsdale was nothing like it is now. The airport was small with one paved runway and a gravel runway paralleling Scottsdale Rd. The city was so much smaller. McCormick Ranch was a ranch with cattle and cotton fields. I get lost driving around there now.

BananaBob
August 8th, 2009, 19:12
Looks great bro! :applause::applause::applause:

kjb
August 11th, 2009, 10:20
The scenery project has become a joint venture. Fortunately, Patrick and I had started in different areas so nothing had to be discarded.

Updated (large) screen shots are available HERE (http://www.kb-sim.com/).

paiken
August 12th, 2009, 05:38
I'd like to publicly thank Kevin for allowing me to add my work to his project. I had been working for nearly a year on this, in between taking care of my wife and working full time and getting my son ready to head off to college. It took me quite a while to get the hang of gmax, but I'm slowly becoming better at it. Anyway, thank you again Kevin for letting me contribute.

Mongo
August 12th, 2009, 07:24
Looks great you guys - looking forward to its release!

kjb
August 19th, 2009, 06:34
An update...

Patrick had a lot of good photos which really help, since I'm too lazy to drive down and take my own :running:

falcon409
August 19th, 2009, 06:44
Lookin' great guys!