PDA

View Full Version : A Question of AI

falcon409
August 7th, 2009, 22:43
I've been working on tweaking the Zone2 Portland scenery for FSX along with CrisGer and for the most part I'm down to adding additional vegetation, automobiles, military equipment and some fences. The part that really has me frustrated is the AI traffic.
I have installed 15 to 20 Commercial Airline packages, plus 4 or 5 Military AI packages not to mention the default AI that should already be present. At KPDX alone there should be Horizon, Delta, American, Southwest, Continental, Alaska and Frontier plus whatever default aircraft will fill in. What actually shows however are about 7 Horizon aircraft and that's it out of over 100 spots on the airport. I've also checked KLAX, KORD and KPHL and they all show similar lack of AI. By the way, this is with both Commercial and General Aviation sliders maxed so actually there aren't any GA aircraft showing at all.

What dictates how FSX loads AI (I know about the traffic files) but what causes the sim to call those traffic files
Is there a cfg file that lists what traffic files the sim is loading
Is there any way to figure out why the sim is loading only a small token of the available AI, none of the default and none of the GA

mjrhealth
August 7th, 2009, 23:59
What AI are you using. You cant mix FS9 and FSX flightplans as the FSX aircraft wont show, which may explain the missing default AI. I generally use WOAI and convert them to FSX format. painfull but i have moded the default AI to only keep the ga planes. WOAI also has some ga planes avaliable and slowly expanding. it also has a list where you can enter your airport and it will show what ai fly from there.You also have to remember that the person who wrote the flight plans had to enter the airport in their before the planes will show up.

dhazelgrove
August 8th, 2009, 00:12
You need AI Flight Planner. One of it's (many) functions is to detect and convert any FS9 traffic BGLs to their FSX equivalents. It's quick, easy and painless. It's not fully automated, but you can't have everything.
Only once there are no FS9 traffic files in your FSX scenery\world\scenery folder will your standard FSX GA traffic start working.

Dave

falcon409
August 8th, 2009, 05:42
What AI are you using. You cant mix FS9 and FSX flightplans as the FSX aircraft wont show, which may explain the missing default AI. I generally use WOAI and convert them to FSX format. painfull but i have moded the default AI to only keep the ga planes. WOAI also has some ga planes avaliable and slowly expanding. it also has a list where you can enter your airport and it will show what ai fly from there.You also have to remember that the person who wrote the flight plans had to enter the airport in their before the planes will show up.
I'm using WOAI Packages which state that they are for FS9/FSX. I assumed that this meant they could be used (without modifications) in FSX. Apparently not.

falcon409
August 8th, 2009, 07:36
Ok, AI Flight Planner has converted all my flight plans and I now how some additional traffic. I'm going to search out a tutorial (visual, not text) to explain it's use as have tried setting up some new traffic but the utility needs info filled in that I have no idea how to do. Thanks for the HU on the AIFP though.