PDA

View Full Version : FS9 Props into FSX?

wichner
August 7th, 2009, 03:05
Thinking I'm smart, I copied the 'propeller' section of the config file from a portover that looks good into the 'propeller'section of a plane where the prop appears to spin too slowly. Obviously, I'm dumb because it did not work.
Is there a simple (for me) way to fix a slow spinning prop...some value in one of the 'properller' lines in the config?
thanks for your help

bushpilot
August 7th, 2009, 03:56
Is there a simple (for me) way to fix a slow spinning prop...

Try adding more throttle:icon_lol::icon_lol:.

On a more serious note, It would be helpful to know what you actually mean by slowly spinning prop. There is a section in aircaft.cfg for prop animation...

wichner
August 7th, 2009, 04:15
no matter how the throttle is moved, the prop spins at the same speed....slow enough that you can see the blades. i don't know how to open the air config and read it....always garbled. thanks

bushpilot
August 7th, 2009, 04:17
It should open with Windows' notepad.

bushpilot
August 7th, 2009, 10:14
no matter how the throttle is moved, the prop spins at the same speed....slow enough that you can see the blades. i don't know how to open the air config and read it....always garbled. thanks

Is the prop in your aircraft opaque disc or is it transparent like it should be. If the first then it's alpha channel issue , which is easily fixable.

AckAck
August 7th, 2009, 18:34
I think he is talking about the prop_anim_ratio=X line in the aircraft.cfg file. Which is somewhat hard to get to if you can't open the aircraft.cfg file.

Brian

Rich
August 7th, 2009, 18:52
Maybe wichner is opening the airfile with notepad then it would be garbled, aircraft.cfg is the one he wants it should be plain text if it is not then something is wrong and to my mind would not allow the plane to appear at all.

I think he is talking about the prop_anim_ratio=X line in the aircraft.cfg file. Which is somewhat hard to get to if you can't open the aircraft.cfg file.

Brian

wichner
August 8th, 2009, 02:25
yep, opening the airfile with notepad. it is garbled. it looks like a notepad file so what should i use to open it? and what value should i put in for the prop animation to increase the prop speed? the plane is: upf-7.zip at flightsim. except for the prop it looks and runs great. tks

Rich
August 8th, 2009, 17:59
wichner, out of curiosity I just downloaded and had a look at in FSX with the origional Propeller section apart from replacing the prop textures it looks ok to me, remember it is a fixed pitch prop and will run slower than a constant speed prop.

I think I would be inclined to go back to the origional settings, the prop_anim_ratio=X line as far as I can see does not work in FSX, I have the Alphasim Swordfish also a fixed pitch prop which looks even slower than the Waco prop.

The prop visual animation speed is controlled in the model file and or the engine and prop settings in the airfile which could require a few hours juggling figures to get it right.

Thinking I'm smart, I copied the 'propeller' section of the config file from a portover that looks good into the 'propeller'section of a plane where the prop appears to spin too slowly. Obviously, I'm dumb because it did not work.
Is there a simple (for me) way to fix a slow spinning prop...some value in one of the 'properller' lines in the config?
thanks for your help