PDA

View Full Version : Fairey Swordfish

Morton
August 6th, 2009, 11:10
I know of two good Swordfish models. Stuart Green's and the former Groundcrew model. But both of them are rather old models: Most important for me, its not possible to apply dynamic shine to the MDL.

So my question is, does anyone know of any other Swordfish model? Or maybe someone is secretely planning some upgrade on these models or others?

Morton:ernae:

Rami
August 6th, 2009, 11:35
Morton,

You mean like this? Simonu even modified the model so the stick moves!

Sascha66,

It's Alphasim's model, with a modified .dp by Obio? and a tweaked .mdl file by Simonu.

I'd shoot you a link, but their payware site appears to be down at the moment. The main site is here: http://www.alphasim.co.uk/

Here's hoping they release it as freeware soon...she's multi-lod, an absolute beauty, and she flies like the real thing. Low and slow...I can place her on the deck at 40 knots. It's the easiest carrier trap in CFS2.

Sascha66
August 6th, 2009, 12:15
Looks good, can you post a link to where it is at if possible?

Thank you!
Sascha

Morton
August 6th, 2009, 13:37
Yes she looks real nice Rami. A couple of years ago i would have gladly payed my 30 pounds for her, but nowadays i've been spoiled by all the freeware addons. I think I'll chance on Alphasim to release it as freeware in near future.. They have with most of the other CFS2 models.

Morton

Ravenna
August 6th, 2009, 16:56
Much as I love all 3 of the above, I tend to use Silvia Borja's Swordfish for missions. It is not freeware but it is multi lod and fr friendly.

OBIO
August 6th, 2009, 18:22
T'weren't me that did a revised DP file for the AS Swordfish. I don't have that plane...wish I did as it is a stunner!

OBIO

Rami
August 6th, 2009, 19:08
Must've been Gedm then.

hewman100
August 7th, 2009, 02:08
Would shine be appropriate on a Swordfish?

Cowboy1968
August 7th, 2009, 04:56
No I don't beleive so, considerig most of her surfaces were fabric covered

Morton
August 7th, 2009, 06:20
Would shine be appropriate on a Swordfish?

Missunderstand me correctly. :wiggle: "Shine" isn't just for polished aliminium. Even the dullest surface will reflect the light differently depending on the angel you watch. That's what gives the models that extra real 3-dimensional dynamic look.

Mort:ernae:

OBIO
August 7th, 2009, 07:38
On painted planes, I like adding a low level shine, what I call a "gloss", just to give the plane that extra zing. As Morton stated, just a tad of shine on painted planes gives the plane an enhanced 3D quality.

OBIO

oldwheat
August 7th, 2009, 13:18
The key here is 'low level', I; as a general rule, re-do the shine of a new model to avoid the 'turtle wax' look :icon_lol:.

hewman100
August 8th, 2009, 02:00
I get you now Morton.

Morton
August 8th, 2009, 09:32
M:dRT