PDA

View Full Version : Carenado new screenshots of incoming

gajit
August 5th, 2009, 10:28
http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/incomings.php3

Now I am a big fan of Carenado so I am bound to buy this one but I must admit i am getting bored of buying "repeats" - does that make sense?

I hope that they really do work hard to tweak this one up a new level and have things like the small window opening, passenger seat animation and a few things like the cowling and oil door animated.

Does anyone agree or am I just lacking a good glass of wine?

Sundog
August 5th, 2009, 11:45
Actually, I disagree, from the standpoint that they are doing both, updating their old aircraft and developing new aircraft. Afterall, they just released the Seneca. It takes quite a bit of time to develop new aircraft to the LOD that they do, so I'm sure they are working on new aircraft while updating the old. Afterall, if you recall back to FS9, there was a good amount of time between new releases. I'm shocked they're able to do such an amazing job of releasing new aircraft while updating the old.

Alan_A
August 5th, 2009, 11:46
http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/incomings.php3

Now I am a big fan of Carenado so I am bound to buy this one but I must admit i am getting bored of buying "repeats" - does that make sense?

I hope that they really do work hard to tweak this one up a new level and have things like the small window opening, passenger seat animation and a few things like the cowling and oil door animated.

Does anyone agree or am I just lacking a good glass of wine?

I understand the sentiment (and I gather there are a few people who feel that way). I'm looking forward to it myself - mainly because the Archer II was the first GA plane I flew in (I'm a non-pilot with pretty limited exposure to real-world GA). So I have a feeling for it.

Also, I miss the old Dreamfleet Archer II from FS2K2 days. I was a big fan of Dreamfleet when they made older GA planes that a "civilian" could reasonably afford - began to lose interest when they started to model late-model aircraft with lots of expensive bells and whistles. Carenado seems to have taken over the old Dreamfleet space, and it's nice to have that covered.

Having said all that, if I had more connection with, say, the Skyhawk, I'd probably pass on the Archer. They do seem to be grinding out a lot of airplanes with similar performance, which makes for diminishing returns.

I'll buy, but it makes sense that others won't.

CBris
August 5th, 2009, 12:26
Carenado are OK if they stick to the "around 20$" mark. I have all too often been a tad disappointed with their mapping skills - you often have "unuseable" textures for anything other than the most standard Cessna/Piper repaints. On the whole, Carenado make serviceable sim flyers, but their technique is still FS2k2 and they really need to bring their talents up to date.

That won't stop me going for the Archer though... nice little old plane.

peter12213
August 5th, 2009, 14:44
I agree CBris

FAC257
August 5th, 2009, 15:04
Love or hate their game plan, I just realized it must be working on my end. :)

I easily put my A2A's and the Aerosoft Cat at the top of the hill in quality in my FSX hanger. With one lonely exception, I only have payware aircraft in the mix and I'm super picky about eye candy and aircraft system functionality.

The ironic thing is that while I also agree that Carenado is not the latest and greatest, I have 10 of their FSX models and they have $240 of my dollars.

No other maker of FSX aircraft that I'm loyal too can match either of those two stats.

Work that niche! :)

FAC

Flyboy208
August 5th, 2009, 15:19
Wish they would make a Piper Aztec, now that would be something special.

Mike :monkies:

Kiwikat
August 5th, 2009, 15:39
I won't be making another Carenado purchase unless they raise their bar some. I enjoy all their products I have bought, but they are too similar now.

As I said on the ORBX forum, I hope Carenado doesn't ruin the Bonanza in the future by upgrading it to their current standards. I will be way more than disappointed if they were to release it with the same bland 2D gauges that are in every other plane they have made. The photorealistic look just doesn't do it for me either. I think several of the more recent FSX releases have proven what good artwork can do.

It's time to start taking notes, Carenado. I will continue to vote with my wallet, not just my mouth. :kilroy:

P.S. CARENADO, STOP IGNORING THE REPAINTERS!!!

cheezyflier
August 5th, 2009, 18:26
i would like to see better instruments from them. a better a/p, or how about a glass panel? if others can do it, why not them? bill did an awesome job with his. mabey they should hire him.

heywooood
August 5th, 2009, 20:04
I get outstanding FPS in all my Carenado planes so I will definitely by them all...great quality in my book (I don't paint 'em though) for not a lot of money.

...still waiting for the Bonanza V-35.....:kilroy:

MCDesigns
August 5th, 2009, 22:25
I get outstanding FPS in all my Carenado planes so I will definitely by them all...great quality in my book (I don't paint 'em though) for not a lot of money.

...still waiting for the Bonanza V-35.....:kilroy:

That is the main reason I continue to buy from them, I know what to expect performance wise. I have the horsepower now to run most addons, but I still prefer performance over complex avionics that I won't use and bog down my sim (why I stopped buying dreamfleet products)

I was hopiong for a new dakota instead of the archer, but either way, it's still good to see new FSX aircraft coming out.