PDA

View Full Version : early c47 skin

Blondi
August 5th, 2009, 04:16
Has anyone done a skin for the early olive drab C47 with the red centers in the stars. I looked through all the skins I have including Revev's and did not find any.

BLONDI:cost1:

oldwheat
August 5th, 2009, 13:56
I'm not sure offhand but it wouldn't be 'rocket-surgery' to do one. Let me know.

Blondi
August 5th, 2009, 15:14
I'm not sure offhand but it wouldn't be 'rocket-surgery' to do one. Let me know.

I would love to have one.It could be for the stock skin or the OH skin. Thanks for the offer.Have you heard anything from Gary lately?

Ravenna
August 5th, 2009, 15:28
I'm not sure about this but I have a vague recollection that dog 1 did one.

Ravenna
August 5th, 2009, 15:41
Just checked out Dog1's C-47 skins and they have the earlier roundels, but they are not olive drab. There are two of them, one army and one USN.

msfossey
August 5th, 2009, 21:04
Hey Blondi, the boys over at Fightertown Design Group did one for the C47 Cargo version. The file "DGv2 C47 Cargo", should be here at the SOH. I can send it to you if you would like.

regards,
msfossey

Blondi
August 5th, 2009, 22:59
Hey Blondi, the boys over at Fightertown Design Group did one for the C47 Cargo version. The file "DGv2 C47 Cargo", should be here at the SOH. I can send it to you if you would like.

regards,
msfossey

I found it in my files as FDG2 C47 Cargo. It won't let me peak into the Texture to see what it looks like so I shall have to unzip it and look at it in free flight. It is probably the one you are talking about. Thanks for the heads up.

Blondi:cost1:

Blondi
August 5th, 2009, 23:01
Just checked out Dog1's C-47 skins and they have the earlier roundels, but they are not olive drab. There are two of them, one army and one USN.

I shall see if I have Dog1's and take a look.

Blondi
August 5th, 2009, 23:20

regards,
msfossey

The one I have has the later Star&Bar insignia. Does the one you have have the Roundal with the red center?

Blondi
August 5th, 2009, 23:29

Took a look but I don't think its what I am looking for. Thanks anyway.

msfossey
August 6th, 2009, 09:48
Blondi, the skin I have for the Fightertown Design Group c47 is olive drab, has the red roundels, and has the red and white tail strips. It was done by RobH, so it's a high quality skin.

Blondi
August 11th, 2009, 02:49
Blondi, the skin I have for the Fightertown Design Group c47 is olive drab, has the red roundels, and has the red and white tail strips. It was done by RobH, so it's a high quality skin.

Where can it be downloaded?[sorry this took so long.just got home.been gone 5 days]

oldwheat
August 11th, 2009, 11:25
Due to Blondi's persistant nagging ;):d , I have just uploaded early war tweaks to the stock CFS2 textures. I suppose I could do versions without the red insignia centers if properly inspired.

msfossey
August 11th, 2009, 11:43
Blondi, look under "Author's name" for RobH and you will find pages and pages of great skins for various aircraft. The page you want for the C47 is page 8. There are several great skins for the plane.

Blondi
August 11th, 2009, 12:56
Blondi, look under "Author's name" for RobH and you will find pages and pages of great skins for various aircraft. The page you want for the C47 is page 8. There are several great skins for the plane.

Thank you very much msfossey. I have found it.

Blondi
August 11th, 2009, 13:00
Due to Blondi's persistant nagging ;):d , I have just uploaded early war tweaks to the stock CFS2 textures. I suppose I could do versions without the red insignia centers if properly inspired.

Now that didn't hurt to much did it:icon_lol: . I am sure that your version without the red centers will look every bit as good as these do. Thanks alot Oldwheat. Have a good one.