PDA

View Full Version : Rex 2.0 & asa/xg ?

Les Parson
August 4th, 2009, 18:50
A few weeks ago, I purchased ASA (Active Sky Advanced) and X Graphics . As a recent upgrader to a new machine and FSX, the Simconnect concept also took a little getting used to. Following that, I learned of REX (Real Enviornment Extreme). Since there were so many positive comments about REX, I just had to have that also. Moreover, V 2.0 was just around the corner at no extra charge so I got REX as well.

After all this, I'm finding ASA with XG to be the more dependable and user friendlier of the two. If the REX graphics are really that much better than X Graphics, I'm really not seeing it. Of course, I also have a fairly robust video card - Nvidia GEForce 285 GTX.

I'd really be interested in other opinions.

Les Parson

harleyman
August 5th, 2009, 02:33
I feel that it all about personal tastes..And how much your system can take...

I have heard that REX is very nice..
ASX also is very nice..

I use FEX , which has no engine for weather, but I can use AS6 engine to drive the FEX textures.. I like that set up a lot !

As far as seeing differences between the two..They are both outstanding products for textures...So how can you really tell? LOL

Txmmy83
August 5th, 2009, 08:20
ASA & FEX is very good combo

BR
Tom

Alan_A
August 5th, 2009, 11:51
ASA & FEX is very good combo

BR
Tom

I use ASA for weather, FEX for clouds, and REX for all its other textures. I upgraded to REX 2.0 and tried the weather engine, but so far prefer ASA - especially with the direct smoothing options that get rid of the instant weather changes (these still seem to happen in REX 2.0). Using all three products seems to work well for now.