PDA

View Full Version : Skysim Hawk Activation

falcon409
August 3rd, 2009, 14:21
Ok, bought this yesterday, got the activation key just a while ago and trying to activate. Loaded the airplane and the message over the top of the screen says to press the ILS Marker to activate. After finally locating what I think they're talking about and clicking about 200 times. . .nothing, the timer ticks down and the airplane turns into a Lego.
Since their support forum is down (gee isn't that the way it always works), does anyone else have this airplane and if so and you actually figured out where the ILS Marker is and got it activated, can you whisper in my ear what I'm doing wrong? Sure don't want anyone else to figure out this convoluted security system. . . . .which, by the way goes like this. . .you buy the airplane and they give you a download link. . .you download and run the installer, then once it's installed you get an activation window with two sets of numbers, one being the "registration" number you received in an e-mail and the other, I assume is generated at the time of the installation. Now you take those two numbers and e-mail that to their support department who in turn e-mail you back an activation code.

Once you get that code then you are supposed to load the aircraft, press the ILS Marker (still not sure if what I'm pressing is correct since there are no activation instructions). Now I can only assume that once you click the correct button a screen will appear and you can type in the activation code and all will be one with the universe. . .maybe.

Any help will be appreciated.

falcon409
August 3rd, 2009, 14:49
Fixed!:isadizzy:

italoc
August 4th, 2009, 05:42
Fixed!:isadizzy:

Hi Falcon
I have the same your problem !!!!!
How did you solved it ????
Italo

falcon409
August 4th, 2009, 06:12
Hi Falcon
I have the same your problem !!!!! How did you solved it ????
Italo
It was a case of it being right in front of my nose but not seeing it. When you unzip the installer after downloading, you have several files and one of them is activate.exe. I'm sure I saw that when I unzipped it but was more intent on the installation and didn't give it much thought. Once you load the airplane, the message across the top of the screen states "press the ILS Marker to activate". . .nope, once you get the activation code from Skysim, double click that "activate.exe" and that will take you through the process of activating the airplane. My guess is that the red message on the screen was possibly from an earlier activation process and never got removed. I found the whole process of activating this addon way more cumbersome than it needs to be.

If I made the purchase from their site and the transaction is verified and I get the download link, download the airplane and in that process I am sent a registration code via the e-mail address I gave as part of the purchase, why then is it necessary to add that number, along with a generated set of numbers to an e-mail that gets sent to their support system so they can generate another set of numbers that have to be input (along with the first two sets of numbers) to finally verify I am the guy I said I was when I purchased the airplane, lol, lol.

Rick Piper did a terrific job with this airplane and it is a real joy to fly and had it not been for the fact that I knew anything by him was going to be well worth the time and knew what I know now. . .I'd have just passed this one by. Ridiculous.

Rezabrya
August 4th, 2009, 07:16
Yes I totally agree with you. Way too hard. I haven't even installed it on this installation just for the fact that it is too annoying to have to do so.

Rick_Piper
August 4th, 2009, 09:15
Hi Guys

I agree on cumbesome and then some.

but it has been good at keeping it off torrent sites 99% of the time.

I learned my lesson never to sell through a non modelling shop again.

If i ever make any more payware it will go out my way and not that chosen by a non modeller.

The Hawk is very easy to get activated if you carefully read the instructions but 95% of purchaser didn't.

after buying the Lotus L-39 & recent A2a models i am not confident i can compete to make good payware.
I am not a good enough texture artist or Programmer.
(i know i can model good enough but you need to be good at all aspects these days which i am not)

(I never read the manuals either unless i am stuck (It's a Man thing):ernae:
Regards
Rick

Peritas
August 4th, 2009, 09:33
Hi Rick,
Two days ago I have wrote to Skysym about a reinstallation of the Hawk, (that I have bought time ago), but I do not have any answers...
Can I suggest that this is not a problem of shop? :tgun2:

Regards,
Luca

Rick_Piper
August 4th, 2009, 09:36
Hi Luca

I have not had a reply from them for 3 weeks

No idea what they are doing lately mate.

Send me your E mail address in a Private message and i will sort it out for you

Regards
Rick

falcon409
August 4th, 2009, 09:36
Hi Guys, I agree on cumbesome and then some, but it has been good at keeping it off torrent sites 99% of the time.

I learned my lesson never to sell through a non modelling shop again. If i ever make any more payware it will go out my way and not that chosen by a non modeller.

The Hawk is very easy to get activated if you carefully read the instructions but 95% of purchaser didn't.

After buying the Lotus L-39 & recent A2a models i am not confident i can compete to make good payware. I am not a good enough texture artist or Programmer. (i know i can model good enough but you need to be good at all aspects these days which i am not).

(I never read the manuals either unless i am stuck (It's a Man thing))
Regards, Rick
Hi Rick and thanks for the observations. . . .you're quite right, it is a "Man thing".
I would have to agree on the L-39 in that Lotus has tapped some aspects of Flight modeling that will most likely change the way models are designed, textured and coded from now on. That being said, as I mentioned above, when I see your name attached to any project, and I think everyone will most likely agree, there is a confidence factor there that tells us it will be a very high quality model. I never question that aspect of it at all, so I would hope that as long as the desire is there, that you'll continue to grace us with your talents. Thanks for all you've contributed to our hobby.

Milamber
August 4th, 2009, 09:49
Hello again - two posts [1 & 2] within 5 minutes is unheard of for me, but this gentleman [Rick Piper] has graced me with a personal response to my plea for G-DORS whilst a particular file library was down. I have his Hawk and have never managed to activate it. After reading this series of posts, I am determined to try again - it looks great, but I'm no "jet jockey" - I leave that to my son :gameoff:. Thanks Rick, love your Chippie best :applause:

M.

kilo delta
August 4th, 2009, 10:44
Hi Guys

I agree on cumbesome and then some.

but it has been good at keeping it off torrent sites 99% of the time.

I learned my lesson never to sell through a non modelling shop again.

If i ever make any more payware it will go out my way and not that chosen by a non modeller.

after buying the Lotus L-39 & recent A2a models i am not confident i can compete to make good payware.
I am not a good enough texture artist or Programmer.
(i know i can model good enough but you need to be good at all aspects these days which i am not)

(I never read the manuals either unless i am stuck (It's a Man thing):ernae:
Regards
Rick

Any update on the fsx native Chippie that you were planning to build,Rick?:engel016:

Rick_Piper
August 4th, 2009, 11:26
Hi Guys

Not worked on any conversion projects for ages as i have to stay employed in these dark times and modelling 10 hours a day is currently enough.

eventually the chipmunk native model will be done as well as a couple of others but it's not easy in FSDS to make a FS9 to FSX native conversion.

if i used Max or GMAX it's relitively easy but i use FSDS3.51 which requires almost a complete rebuild to go full FSX

Regards
Rick

town
August 4th, 2009, 13:35
Gentlemen, I come up here (to my computer) at least once a day (usually 2 or 3 times) and send out activation codes to those who have requested them. I try my best to point people in the right direction when they are consistantly getting it wrong - and some even grace me with an apology when they finally realise the have NOT been following the instructions. The activation software is not brilliant in terms of user friendliness (or activator friendliness) but it DOES work and has kept the Hawk relatively hostile to the pirate fraternity. Please if you do have any problems mention it on the Skysim forum as I simply do not have time anymore to peruse my old cyber haunts and pick up any issues on these - however much I would like to.

falcon409
August 4th, 2009, 13:49
Town
Why is there a message on the screen telling you to press the ILS marker? Just wondering. . .

Peritas
August 5th, 2009, 01:40
I would to thank here Rick, he is a british gentleman...

Regards,
Luca

italoc
August 5th, 2009, 06:50
Fixed :isadizzy:

Italo

falcon409
August 5th, 2009, 07:47
Town
Why is there a message on the screen telling you to press the ILS marker? Just wondering. . .
Oh dang, he won't answer, he already said he doesn't come in here much, lol.

kilo delta
August 5th, 2009, 12:40
Hi Guys

Not worked on any conversion projects for ages as i have to stay employed in these dark times and modelling 10 hours a day is currently enough.

eventually the chipmunk native model will be done as well as a couple of others but it's not easy in FSDS to make a FS9 to FSX native conversion.

if i used Max or GMAX it's relitively easy but i use FSDS3.51 which requires almost a complete rebuild to go full FSX

Regards
Rick

I understand completely...no rush on the Chippie :)