PDA

View Full Version : Animating trim wheel and throttles

Sid2008
August 3rd, 2009, 11:09
Hi, I am building an aircraft in FSDS 3.5 and I would like to animate the elevator and rudder trim wheels as well as 3 throttle levers. Are there some stock animations for that?
Thank you,
Sid

Milton Shupe
August 3rd, 2009, 16:31
In the VC, for the trim wheel, I use "Lever_Trimtab_Elevator" to give me many rotations, and for the Trim Indicator, I use "trimtab_elevator" that gives me just slight fore/aft movement.

Both of these are in the Makemdl SDK.

Sid2008
August 4th, 2009, 12:15
Thank you very much.
Sid

Sid2008
August 27th, 2009, 09:27
Thank you for your reply that you use lever_Trimtab_elevator. My guess is that this is a FS9 stock animation that I can use to name the elevator trimwheel and there is probably a lever_Trimtab_rudder for the rudder trim wheel.

Am I on the right track? I know that this sound foolish, but since I am new to designing aircraft, knowledge that experienced designers take for granted, i am still acquiring.

Thanks,
Sid

Milton Shupe
August 27th, 2009, 17:40
The Makemdl SDK is what you need to find all the available makemdl names for animating, lighting, etc.

You can find the SDK's at FSInsider.com or this link seems to work as well:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/1/8/1181a250-ac2c-43fa-b35b-bfd7b87934ad/makemdl_sdk_setup.exe

lever_trimtab_rudder_key_01 is what I use on the rudder trim tab for the exterior model. It must be key frame animated 0-100 using the Z axis, 0=left, 50=center, 100=right

Use around 20-28 degrees deflection depending on aircraft specs.

lever_trimtab_rudder_01 is what I use for the window-like crank handle in the VC. No animation is required.

I hope this helps.