PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing about VC gauge polygon

Sid2008
August 3rd, 2009, 05:21
Hello everyone, I cordially greet you. This is my first contribution to this forum. I am a relatively new FSDS 3.5 modeler. I enjoy the software and I am finally able to build my first FS9 aircraft with a full VC, the de Havilland Hercules. I was intrigued by this airplane's bush-cargo flying background in New Guinea before and during World War II.

I am modifying the Vc for this airplane. In my first attempt, I have borrowed my VC gauges from the stock FS9 Cessna and Beech gauges. Interestingly, I found that if the VC polygon (i.e., the invisible polygon on which the gauges sit) was named "gauges", after compilation, the gauges did show up on the VC. Perhaps, this is no revelation to most of you. However, trouble struck when I attempted to make a second vc gauge polygon (named "gauges.1"), which is supposed to be to the right of the pilot, where the comm and nav radios are supposed to be. This VC polygon is not showing any gauges. To test further, I copied and pasted the altimeter gauge from my first polygon (i.e., under the "gauge00=" in the [vcockpit01] list in panel.cfg) to the second polygon (i.e., under the "gauge00=" in the [vcockpit02] list in panel.cfg), and found that the altimter showed in the first polygon but not in the second polygon.

Do any on you have any suggestions? Please keep your comments at the level where a lay-person can understand.

Thank you,
Sid2008

n4gix
August 3rd, 2009, 08:39
The correct names for VC polygons are $somename1, $somename2, etc. Neither FS9 nor FSX will recognize names with a "period" in them, use an "underscore" instead.

For example, using the C172 as an example, note that the names in the panel.cfg file are the names for the model's VC polygons that were used for that .mdl file.

$C172s_1
$C172s_2

I normally use more generic names such as:

$vcockpit_01
$vcockpit_02
etc.

Sid2008
August 3rd, 2009, 11:06
Thank you. I will change the vc polygon name and try again